AMA

I've distributed over 50,000 copies of The Complete Book of Enoch: Standard English Version in all of the major markets.

Other urls found in this thread:

lulu.com/shop/dr-jay-winter/the-complete-book-of-enoch-standard-english-version/paperback/product-23098596.html
amazon.com/Complete-Book-Enoch-Standard-English-ebook/dp/B01B1XM46W/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1489323988&sr=8-3&keywords=book of enoch
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yeah, I'll bite.

What is the Book of Enoch? What alternatives do I have to the "standard version"? And why should I care?

Hebrew Mythology

>What is the book of Enoch?
One of the most famous banned books of all time.

>What alternatives do I have to the "standard version"?
Some really shitty edited versions that read like something a fifth grader put together.

>And why should I care?
There is no record of Enoch dying and according to scholars, Revelation 11 is about him. He'll be back to earth at one point in the future if in fact, the whole of biblical knowledge is true. 1 Enoch deals with some things too controversial to be put into the Bible even though, it technically is a part of the bible. Catholic fags didn't like the way it talked about the fallen angels so they banned the book and tried to burn it out of existence.

What advantages does it have over this one? (which I recently purchased)

I've only recently published a paperback.

Those 50k book units were all ebooks.

>my version is 100% free the way it should be

haha, fair

aaaah right... the fallen angels and nephilim stuff. Makes for cool mythology.
So you're Dr. Jay Winter?

Also, was Jesus black?

Send me a copy then nigger

Bro jesus never existed. Don't you watch the news.

That's one of my pen names, yes.

>Black Jesus?
No, Jesus was an Israelite. Hebrew.

Search Amazon for "Book of Enoch" - mine is 2nd result. Enjoy~

Get outta here with that Bill Mar rubbish.

I want a physical copy I also don't want to pay nigger

I literally just released this to celebrate going over 50k units distributed.
lulu.com/shop/dr-jay-winter/the-complete-book-of-enoch-standard-english-version/paperback/product-23098596.html

I make literally nothing off the sales. It's priced at cost to print.

Enoch is an amazing body of knowledge worth investigating. I implore you to study the book and share it with others.

>God literally abducts the man and gives him 1 year to write an account for his friends and family
>he does, and we have the Book of Enoch as it is today

That's really expensive. I usually only buy books for $1

Believe me, I would lower the price if I could.

>pic related

you should give your book a cooler cover with some fallen angel giant dudes on it

Are you also a Dr. or is that just part of the pen name? Why do you use a pen name?

Why are you hear on Veeky Forums?

I'm a doctor of Gonzo Journalism and I use pen names to protect my identity just like everyone else does.

I've been here since 2006. I'm still not sure why I'm here.

>I've been here since 2006. I'm still not sure why I'm here.
No need to be shy about it. We're all here for the shota hentai

Boards I use: pol, x, lit, g, v, and very rarely k

Are you familiar with the game Dominions? They've got a general over on Veeky Forums. Its a strategy game where you play a demigod trying to lead a nation to supremacy so you can achieve godhood.

One of the nations, Hinnom, is themed around all of this Nephilim, Book of Enoch type stuff.

Fun game, if you're into overly complicated strategy stuff with minimalist graphics.

>I'm a doctor of Gonzo Journalism

"Oh, you're a BULLSHIT ARTIST?"
- History of the World Part 1

Do you believe that the book of Enoch is canon

Absolutely. If I didn't the book would actually cost something.

>/pol/ thread about christianity

What is it actually about? I remember Enoch from Sunday School as someone who "walked with God" and as a result got taken up into heaven directly instead of dying... presumably the book's about his life before that point? And I think I've heard something about angels breeding with humans to make giants?

woah, out of curiosity, what denomination of christianity was this?

Some sort of Baptists, "Regular" I think. He was just brushed over briefly as one of the people between Adam and Noah.

Yeah, surprising. Generally Book of Enoch stuff isn't mentioned in Baptist teachings. I'm guessing your Sunday School Teacher had gone off script by mentioning that stuff.

The only christian groups I've heard of embracing the book of enoch were the ethiopian and eritrean orthodox.

>There is no record of Enoch dying
Well then he MUST still be alive!

Interesting, I might actually consider getting a print version of this. Is it worth reading AFTER I finish the Bible, or should it be read at a specific part of the Bible to better understand its continuity?

Your image clearly says Ultimate, not Complete. Why don't you know the title of your own book?

if it was canon, it would be in the bible. it isn't. therefore it isn't.

who are you going to believe, self-promoting OP or the second Council of Nicea?

Well the council didn't mean much to Luther and doesn't mean much to all other Protestants.

If after reading the Book of Enoch you don't believe it's canon then you were probably going to hell to begin with.

>believers know

I don't mean to be stingy OP, but what's so special about yours that I wouldn't just buy a used copy from another author online?

99% of every Book of Enoch out there will be using the R.H. Charles English translation.
The main problem with this is that the translation was edited very poorly.
Additionally, in the R.H. Charles version 4 words in the entire text were unknown, with my standard version and loads of research, this problem was fixed.
Imagine reading a book that isn't logically organized into chapters, that's what you get with every other Book of Enoch.
Furthermore, the extras in my standard reference material add to the supporting elements of Enoch.
The Book of Giants is also included in my release.

Additionally, 99% of the Books of Enoch out there will come with COMMENTARY. Endless commentary of the authors opinion of what Enoch is talking about. Most readers don't appreciate this when all they're trying to do is read Enoch anyways.

>the market is literally flooded with shit versions, don't believe me then check it out

Not being skeptic, I'm just curious. How come you haven't offered your hard work to a publishing form of some kind? Seems like a lot of effort on your part to do such translation, editing and structuring merely to self-publish it for 0 profit.

>banned books
It's not banned, just not in a canon besides the Ethiopian one.

Early Christians and some Jewish scholars referenced it in the 2nd century I think, so they used to respect it as some sort of scripture. It's an interesting piece of mythology in any case.

It's during Genesis I guess, but it's more theological and mystical than narrative. But get an academically respected translation, OP hasn't explained why he's qualified to translate it and seems to think giants exist. From the amazon description: "Additionally, an XML file has been included with archaeological evidence of fossilized giant humans found throughout the world."

This version has commentaries, the other Enoch books, and seems decent.

Extra-biblical scripture is fascinating in general though, you should check out the non-canon gospels as well.

The Book of Enoch was made illegal by the Catholic church especially during the inquisition.
People died for nothing more than owning a copy of it.
It was widely burned and nearly stomped out of existence.
The main reason I've went the DIY publishing route is to ensure there is zero cost involved.
If I got my publisher involved with this book they would of course ask for a sales price for it.
My goal is to keep the book alive and distribute as many copies possible.

>after reading it you'll see why I feel this way about it

You don't know your history.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your efforts to distribute it for free. But there are already multiple translations by academics, so I question how accurate yours is, especially since you're approaching it from a biased perspective (i.e. believing in it and proselytising)

>The Book of Enoch was made illegal by the Catholic church especially during the inquisition.
The Inquisition sill exists.
>People died for nothing more than owning a copy of it.
Judging from my knowledge of legal history, which is by no means small, this sounds like bullshit.
>It was widely burned and nearly stomped out of existence.
Shame it wasn't.

The fact that I actually believe Enoch's account makes me more critical of it.
I've poured over every translation of it and woven together a 99.9% accurate manuscript of the Ethiopic text.
You're right, several academics have made their own versions of it but only because the manuscript is the 'Holy Grail' of ancient texts.
The Book of Enoch is the most controversial biblical account which is why so many have adapted their own versions of it.
If you read it you'll see what I mean.

Could you share a small extract from the actual Enoch texts you translated? Your Lulu preview doesn't show anything beyond your introduction. It is certainly interesting me but I'm too cautious to buy it on a whim - I just want to know the quality of your work

Chapter 3
Fallen Angels

1 And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto them beautiful and comely daughters.

2 And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: "Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men and beget us children."

3 And Semjaza, who was their leader, said unto them: "I fear ye will not indeed agree to do this deed, and I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin."

4 And they all answered him and said: "Let us all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations not to abandon this plan but to do this thing."

5 Then sware they all together and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it. And they were in all two hundred; who descended in the days of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it.

6 And these are the names of their leaders: Samlazaz, their leader, Araklba, Rameel, Kokablel, Tamlel, Ramlel, Danel, Ezeqeel, Baraqijal, Asael, Armaros, Batarel, Ananel, Zaqlel, Samsapeel, Satarel, Turel, Jomjael, Sariel. These are their chiefs of tens.

7 And all the others together with them took unto themselves wives, and each chose for himself one, and they began to go in unto them and to defile themselves with them.

8 And they taught them charms and enchantments, and the cutting of roots, and made them acquainted with plants.

9 And they became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells: Who consumed all the acquisitions of men. And when men could no longer sustain them, the giants turned against them and devoured mankind.

10 And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood. Then the earth laid accusation against the lawless ones.

11 And Azazel taught men to make swords, and knives, and shields, and breastplates, and made known to them the metals of the earth and the art of working them, and bracelets, and ornaments, and the use of antimony, and the beautifying of the eyelids, and all kinds of costly stones, and all colouring tinctures.

12 And there arose much godlessness, and they committed fornication, and they were led astray, and became corrupt in all their ways.

13 Semjaza taught enchantments and root?cuttings, Armaros the resolving of enchantments, Baraqijal taught astrology, Kokabel the constellations, Ezeqeel the knowledge of the clouds, Araqiel the signs of the earth, Shamsiel the signs of the sun, and Sariel the course of the moon.

14 And as men perished, they cried, and their cry went up to heaven.

Completely free version here, this is the 50k distributed ebook version.
amazon.com/Complete-Book-Enoch-Standard-English-ebook/dp/B01B1XM46W/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1489323988&sr=8-3&keywords=book of enoch

Shit, you made a release of the voynich manuscript? How's it different from just the scanned pages?

much appreciated, I'll download the ebook and give it a go, if it's decent ill probably try the paperback

Higher resolution and the page scans have been digitally remastered.

>someone had to do it

Does it include the rivers of blood prediction?

does the paperback have that awful cover with the fire on it?

There is no such prediction in Enoch.

No, pic related.

No offense but that cover's awful as well.

Here's a quick one I mocked up for you, both the artwork and font are public domain so you can use it if you want.

Hey thanks man!
Yeah, I'm not a gfx designer or anything.
I just threw something together that had sack cloth on it.
I appreciate your effort, maybe for another version in the future.