He thinks modern dining is a sham

>he thinks modern dining is a sham
>he always posts "that'll be X dollars + tip!" on anything where presentation is even remotely a factor on the dish

>he makes a tipping thread

>he doesn't

>he pays hundreds of dollars for 5 bucks worth of ingredients assembled by a drug addict
is there a greater cuck?

If films can be an experience for the eyes and ears, why can't food be an experience for the mouth and nose?

>5 bucks worth of ingredients
lmao no, are you some sort of retard redditor who thinks fine dining is ordering one small plate of uncooked meat or something? I'm sorry that you never experienced anything other than ordering off a laminated menu from your local chinese place but the ingredients in most fine dining establishments are both high quality and are part of the many dishes served in one meal.

>order-at-counter restaurant asks for tip
would you just go fuck yourself already

>See retarded millennials bitching online about waiting jobs
>YEAH I MAKE OVER $300 A NIGHT ON TIPS BUT I DESERVE $15 A HOUR MIN WAGE TOO ITS NOT FAIR

>Be a business owner
>Pay your employees exactly minimum wage
>Tips are now no longer legally defined as part of wage
>Make your employees share their tips with you

literally never happens

then youre literally a flyover cuck

name one order-at-counter restaurant that you've ever paid tip for

>he doesn't order a $45 bottle of wine and pretend it tastes amazing
>he doesn't order the $20 crab claw appetizer that's literally three claws in some sauce
>he doesn't put his napkin in his lap

i dont do it but the point is the restaurants ask for it on the receipt

I live in upstate NY.

Never really had an employee directly ask me for a tip, but some of the more pushy ones will clear their throat and stand next to their tip jar for an uncomfortable length of time.

There was this one little independent mom and pop coffee shop where they took card payments with one of those cell phone reader things.

>takes my card
>shows me her phone
>"i need you to type in here how much of a tip you're leaving me"

Never went back there.

Talking about tips,
Tell me one reason why I should tip the pizza delivery guy when Im already paying for the delivery costs and the delivery guy has a good salary.

>I live in upstate NY
yeah dude thats flyover

>already paying for delivery costs
yeah this is retarded, I used to pay tip when that wasn't a thing

>"i need you to type in here how much of a tip you're leaving me"

>Yessssss gooood, these are the finest ingoydients demand a premium price

ok...? so you're agreeing with me

>the delivery guy has a good salary

Deliver guys make like $7 a hour and if the store owner is a jew, he makes them use their own car.

But I don't feel bad for them really, because there's a 99.9% chance that the guy is a high school dropout who is definitely spending that tip money on weed

>delivery guy
>salary
Wow, there's some true ignorance right there

>eat a food the way that 95% of the world eats it
>WOW I FEEL SO BAD FOR YOU THAT YOU DONT HAVE ENOUGH CLASS TO EAT IT THE OTHER WAY

I wonder how it feels to know that 50% of the entire planet not only drinks instant coffee, but prefers it.

I'm don't live in 'murica.

I didn't say I don't also eat regular chinese food, I just feel bad for people who eat nothing BUT regular food like I feel bad for people who have only ever had access their collection of 3 VCR tapes of Disney movies

>the delivery driver drives a Mustang or other expensive car
Literally for what Fucking purpose? It baffles me. The money you make on the job won't even offset the long-term repair costs from the increased wear and tear on the vehicle.

because people with no money try as hard as they can to act like they have money because it might get them laid

Food has a function and a purpose. Art by definition doesn't. Trying to make art out of food is disrespectful. Cooking is a craft. I'd rather pay for a well crafted meal than an artful one. Just like I'd rather pay for a well crafted chair than an artful one.

Different user here. Having recently moved from Los Angeles to upstate, I can confirm that this place is flyover. Kind of charming, but flyover as fuck.