Read. Expected. Got

share your recent reads

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nh0gM9Fb5TA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

where is templeton

Anyone have a good album of these?

Am I pleb?

Too lazy to edit a photo so I'll do text.

Read
>Infinite Jest

Expected
>humor/irony on the human condition

Got
>The Breakfast Club (with tennis)

THIS GETS POSTED ALL THE GOD DAMN TIME, STOP!

rate my new meme

God I hated that book.

Legit made me kek.

You got part of what you expected with the Sordo part of the story.

Fucking lol

This seems legit

I don't quite understand the difference between what you expected and what you got.

>mfw you expected for bowie but the adaptation ruined the novel

I tried looking some stuff up about this guy, and I can't tell if people are legitimately praising his writing or if this all just some big inside-joke trolling that I don't get.

Is it actually just crazy ramblings? I was thinking about buying On Certainty soon, unless you think it's shit

So did you enjoy The Screwtape Letters then? I haven't read it because I thought it would be preachy.

Not actually crazy, just pointless. I should've tried the Investigations since everybody says it's his best.

I enjoyed it, despite not being religious (although I'm also not militantly non-religious). CS Lewis is very witty, and he's clever in the way he uses his characters to prove his point. I wanted to read him because I wanted to understand why someone intelligent and highly educated would convert from atheism to Christianity, and I certainly think it was worth my time.

Additionally, this is completely subjective, but I found his writing style and the interaction between the two characters in the book both charming and endearing.

god tier

Is that Swift?

correct, i fucking loved Gulliver's Travels btw -- the Laputans and the flappers were my favorite part

its actually good in that it completely exposes the aesthetic fraudulence of world-building and conventions of genre

Is the novel better than the film?

sooo should i nevertheless start with the greeks?
Seems disappointing

Someone post the one with Dostoyevsky's White Nights
it was spot on

any books that are like what you expected?

I just finished The Exorcist this weekend. If I were to do one of these it would just be the same image three times.

fwiw, Plato died before finishing this 'trilogy' of dialogues (same with Laws).

Might be slightly exagerated but i really hated that edgy try hard book

ITT: books are fucking disappoint

fucking lol

I think most people are just joking or being sort of sarcastic.

I did the maltese falcon one and it really is a good noir novel even if I was surprised by how much the book tries to be funny and how Sam Spade is just too cool for school.

There is such a richness in Plato the more pressure you apply to even menial aporatic works like the Laches the better your understanding of argumentation will grow to be. And yes, you are pathetic if you undertake a systematic study of philosophy without an understanding of the platonic dialogues and the role of dialectic.
Taking advice from Veeky Forums on Plato is usually disgusting most of these pseuds have never read the 7th letter or cannot differentiate between historical Socrates and the character displayed in the Symposium.

I thought it was great. This and The Great Divorce are more of stories rather than dissertations on religion, though they both have religious themes.

This applies for most of the Memoirs I've read actually.

it's more like we just get what we don't expect despite their reputation

Hilarious book.

Time to get some OC in this thread
1/2

2/2

wasted get

what does that means?

wait. death note is 10/10?

youtube.com/watch?v=Nh0gM9Fb5TA

>what i expected

what are you fucking retard?

still better than that Dan retard

dude, fucking same. that bokk was a waste of time

accurate

At first I thought it was mirroring the colour repartition on this, but good job nonetheless

lmao accurate

lol, resisting to fap reading I Am Legend is tough

OC

My man

oc, this one pissed me off

Toppest of keks.

accurate

Should I re-read this one? I picked it up when I was pretty young, so the homo descriptions freaked me out and the abstract writing threw me off.
I went into it thinking it was some kind of surreal sci-fi.
Is it worth it?

a bomb?

kek

I remember the duel with the man in a prosthetic disguise happening whilst he has to catch a train being so absurd I burst out laughing. The whole car chase thing as well when they're trying to escape.

Further motivation to pursue Interiorism.

Just made this at work, plz r8

Timaeus does have contain mumbo jumbo, but it will at the very least help you understand some interpretation of Genesis better.

Fresh content right here lads.

alternatively

wow you got nothing out of that book. I mean yeah there's that dialogue between Jesus and God but the best parts (and majority) involves Lucifer and great romanticism era prose.