Is Stefan Molyneux a real philosopher?

Is Stefan Molyneux a real philosopher?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/stream/FreedomainRadio-FreeBooks4/Worlds Apart - Senseless Ethics _ Rational Dictatorship - MASTERS THESIS For Professor Dent By Stefan Molyneux Summer 1994-99#page/n49/mode/2up
fdrliberated.com/stefan-molyneux-promise-failure-upb-inside-story-part-1/
youtube.com/watch?v=FfGgecBdvGI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I would dare say he is the only real philosopher excepting Sam Harris

Define real.
Define philosopher.

>South Africa was better under apartheid
Yeah, what a deep thinker.

It was for white people

The guy creates 40 minute Wikipedia.

The answer is no.

You are either

autistic
an edgelord
15 years of age
troll
or retard

if you need those words defined to you.

Define edgelord

i used to listen to him when i was like 18 i did listen to him cuz i wanted to listen to something while i sleep
he has made anarchism sound good for me but his new shit is quite cringy

They were lucky the revolution was not more violent.

He was bad before but he completely lost all credibility as an anarchist of any sort when he started supporting Trump and going full alt-right

No. He's a yootoober.

Polemics isn't philosophy.

>he fell for the ben stiller meme

The Veeky Forums definition of alt-right:

Anyone to the right of Mao Zedong

>worldwide definition of alt-right
>right wing version of mao zedong
>close-enuff.gif

I only listened to him for about 6 months before the election and through it, and he just seemed to go full retard. He speaks in buzzwords and everything he says sounds melodramatic and fake.

He's a gateway drug to white nationalism, nothing more.

He did some philosophizing, so I guess he is a philosopher. It's not like this is a protected profession and you need a certificate for this shit.

It's not his main profession, if you want to go with that. I would call him an internet commentator.

>SJWs are cringy
>Vote Trump
>Fuck taxes

Truly the greatest philosopher of our time.

No. He's a minor youtube celebrity. And not Veeky Forums

>archive.org/stream/FreedomainRadio-FreeBooks4/Worlds Apart - Senseless Ethics _ Rational Dictatorship - MASTERS THESIS For Professor Dent By Stefan Molyneux Summer 1994-99#page/n49/mode/2up

>tfw Molyneux actually wrote this trash
If you have any sort of phil training read it, it's comedy gold.

>Politics are derived from ethics, ethics from epistemology and epistemology from metaphysics. Thus opposing metaphysics will always create opposing politics.

KEK

>That board at page 4

Daaaamn

The fact that so many "internet personalities" betrayed their total lack of integrity by shilling for r/thedonald and /pol/ clicks is probably the best thing to come from this election.

what the fuck has this got to do with Veeky Forums?
we have a politics board

lmao. I just read the first few pages, this was a fucking masters thesis? Did do anything except beating off during his degree? Also what kind of fucking retard professor approves that kind of crap as a thesis?

>Property rights are succumbing to state control
What the fuck? How are "property rights" not derived from the state in any event?

>the only chance to tip the scale is to establish a fully rational system of philosophy
Oh, I see, he's an idiot

Stef is more Veeky Forums than /pol/. But philosophy can go together with Veeky Forums.

Not really. He doesn't actually establish any frameworks with which to understand the world. He didn't invent Anarcho-capitalism or the NAP. He's more like a cultural commentater. Calling him a philosophy is like calling Anita Sarkesian a philosopher.

Stefan wrote a book trying to derive an objective moral framework from pure reason, gave it to an undergrad philosophy student (yay, philosophers are paying attention to me after I was rejected from grad school!) and then had to watch as this literal babby, not even a college graduate, systematically dismantles his entire life. Uproots and destroys every single facet of his argument. Kills it deader than dead.

After that Stefan lost his mind and has steadily gone downhill, the alt-right shilling is just the latest embarrassing low he's managed to stoop to.

He did establish a framework, called Universally Preferable Behavior, it's just that it was garbage and nobody cared.

It's not autistic or edgy to ask for clarification from a person of their subjective understanding of the words they use before engaging in a debate. Otherwise you run the risk of arguing over completely different things. That said, there isn't really anything vague about the words "real" or "philosopher".

Where can I read/watch more about that? It rustled me how this dude would constantly boast about having "the most popular philosophy channel on the internet", when any philosopher worth his salt would dismiss his entire shit whole wholesale.

fdrliberated.com/stefan-molyneux-promise-failure-upb-inside-story-part-1/

Note the name of the website. Molyneux is basically running a cult, to the point there's an entire support group for people breaking out of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=FfGgecBdvGI
Holy fuck

define define without using define