"Nietzsche's problem is, how do I know I'm not just another Wagnerian [...]...

>"Nietzsche's problem is, how do I know I'm not just another Wagnerian [...]? It is as if Wagner was Nietzsche's symptom: the element Nietzsche desperately needed in order for his thought to retain its minimal coherence by way of projecting into it all that he found so despicable in himself --- the attempt to cut off all links with Wagner thus necessarily ended in his final breakdown."

OP, I can't make sense of what you're getting at, but that picture and filename are great

why does he pose to take pictures but seems like he is never happy about it?

He never poses, that's just how geniuses stand and think

Wow this is incredibly retarded

>triggered NEETchlet

Holy shit. Do you need more proof than that.

>psychoanalyzing N'boy instead of going for his ideas
wack

hello normie brainlet

>his ideas are separate from the author
How can you imply this with someone like Nietzsche, really?

Can you care to elaborate your implication?
But ok, he released his opinion on the author, but where are his opinions on his work?

What's ironic is that Nietzsche's main method of philosophical criticism is ad homs and armchair psychology, but Nietzschefags hate when anyone does the same with him (as if Nietzsche is an infallible religious figure)

That he was a terminal case of Wagnerism

He's as much a poet as a philosopher, which evokes the ancient, philosophical poetic tradition. He speaks as much to the soul as the intellect.

If you don't have an emotional response to his writing then you're probably not really understanding the language, which is understandable because even in German it's highly cryptic and symbolic and then when translated to English it becomes even more cryptic.

"Žižek's problem is, how do I know I'm not just another fat guy who likes movies [...]? It is as if gluttony and fondness for movies was Žižek's symptom: the element Žižek desperately needed in order for his thought to retain its minimal coherence by way of projecting into it all that he found so despicable in himself --- the attempt to cut off all links with his closeted capitalist indulgences thus necessarily ended in his final breakdown."

Hm. Where else do you find such a use of language?

Having an emotional response to something doesn't mean I can't disagree with it. Nietzsche himself constantly critiqued his predecessors, why is it not justified to critique him in turn?

You are more than welcome to criticize him/his work as harshly as you like.

>Where else do you find such a use of language?

The Bible
Ancient Greek poets
The Bhagavad Gita

It's more that using ad homs against him is still within his thought, and you will ceaselessly be indebted to his insights by going down this road of critique. All the observations that he was a sickly, outwardly-lacking man were already covered in Ecce Homo, where he gives a full explanation of why a "half-decadent" produced such a life-affirming philosophy.

It would be like trying to refute Hegel by making him seem bound to his age in history

Stimmt. Unlike Freud, for instance, who suffers when English'd.

Also, Rumi.

We are as the flute, and the music in us is from thee;
we are as the mountain and the echo in us is from thee.

We are as pieces of chess engaged in victory and defeat:
our victory and defeat is from thee, O thou whose qualities are comely!

Who are we, O Thou soul of our souls,
that we should remain in being beside thee?

We and our existences are really non-existence;
thou art the absolute Being which manifests the perishable.

We all are lions, but lions on a banner:
because of the wind they are rushing onward from moment to moment.

Their onward rush is visible, and the wind is unseen:
may that which is unseen not fail from us!

Our wind whereby we are moved and our being are of thy gift;
our whole existence is from thy bringing into being.
Ironically this poem makes exactly to opposite point that Nietzsche's work does, but in a similarly poetic way.

fuck this eastern shit

>translated arabic poetry

N-no thank you.

Rumi was a white Khorasani (eastern Persian) sage, fuck off KIKE

>He's an aryan race theorist
>he calls people jews

Even worse. Knew you were an idiot from that last post, you didn't need to prove it to me.

are you going to cry about it faggot

also ethnic iranians of the various forms (bactrians, sogdians, tocharians, scythians, etc) are all described with european characteristics by all ancient sources, are you upset by this?

Nobody mentioned it but you. And nobody contested it. It just proves how utterly obsessed you are that I could provoke you into this blogger rant about racial theory.

>aryan race theorist

no need to gaslight friend, your feminine passive aggression is a bad trait. improve yourself.

Neither was there any implication of gaslighting. What's feminine is your overindulgence ranting about crap nobody else is talking about but you like an autistic child at a family dinner.

stop being a girl, prissy pants

why the hell he is always sweaty? i believe he is drunk and he think himself a philosoph

>i believe he is drunk and he think himself a philosoph
>philosoph

no u

philosoph.
philosopher is like teacherer