How do I learn to cook?

How do I learn to cook?

Other urls found in this thread:

foodwishes.blogspot.com/
thefractioncalculator.com/CompareFractions/is-1/4-greater-than-1/3.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why bother when a big bag of for mes is less than $10?

you can't, it's literally impossible

>costco cheeseburger
explain this

watch chef john on youtube

1. Cook.
2. Cook some more.
3. Cook even more than that.
4. Are you still cooking? You should be.
5. COOK.

You'll only get good by actually doing it.
It's not something you can watch videos on and then be a master of the art of cooking... it's all trial and error and learning by doing.

The Kitchn Cookbook

It's literally written for people who never cooked anything ever.

It's smaller than a quarter pounder for the same price.

Shit deal hotdog is better

>"cookbook"
>cover features a salad

Cover obviously shows fresh vegetables platter you get with your bowl of Pho.

Have you never been to a Vietnamese restaurant?

Should rephrase, how do I make something that Veeky Forums won't puke at and how would I know if it would taste good when I think it tastes good. Is culinary school worth it?

No

Learn recipes, watch food wishes (youtube) for recipes, watch good eats (streaming) for techniques

Got to agree with Combine the Chef John YouTube videos with his site: foodwishes.blogspot.com/

>1/3 is smaller than 1/4

Chef John sounds like a sarcastic goof but he's pretty funny. Thanks for the info, I'm sure this will help.

'muricans

You two are confusing the fuck out of me. I'm bad at math.

thefractioncalculator.com/CompareFractions/is-1/4-greater-than-1/3.html

That site says that 1/4 is NOT greater than 1/3. I don't fucking know anymore.

This is why this site deserves shill threads and nothing but shill threads.

When you see the fraction symbol think of the size of the numbers get smaller the bigger the fraction

Divide 1 by 3 should be .33
Divide 1 by 4 should be .25
1/3 is bigger
Easy way to see fractions is as a pie. 1/3 is three equal slices of the same size. 1/4 is four slices of each pie equally. That's why 1/4 is smaller.

the kirkland shit they serve at costco is garbage compared to the hebrew nationals they used to serve at the food courts. the kirkland crap always make me burp. no bueno.

Step One: Get a good cookbook. Something that isn't too complex, but also isn't a bunch of horseshit recipes where half the stuff is premade, and everything relies on bacon and shredded cheese.

Step Two: Look through the cookbook and take note of the recipes you want to try. Make a list of what you need, and go pick them up on a grocery run. Also begin to familiarize yourself with what the various techniques mean, and what they look like in practice (use the cookbook, internet, others that can cook, etc. for this).

Step Three: Cook something from this cookbook at least once per day. Daily repetition will do more for you than anything in terms of raw improvement. It helps you practice and cement kitchen prep skills, cooking technique, timing, knowing what signs/cues to look for as you cook, and what does and doesn't work for a given dish.

Then you just keep at it, keep trying new things while continuing to refine old ones.

Is there a clarification on what isn't cooking like not making ingredients or using appliances instead of traditional methods. I notice chef John uses ketchup instead of making his own but justifies it as not having time to make it or using a rice cooker instead of boiling rice, but I guess it's all based on time and freshness?

literally judging a book by its cover

>amerifats don't even know how to measure food

This is elementary grate material.
1/3 = 33%
1/4 = 25%
Hence, 1/3 is greater than 1/4

why dowsn't he just get more books????

How are people this bad at simple math?

use inverse property
1/4 becomes 4/1 = 4
3/1 becomes =3

1/4>1/3

Fuck is wrong with you man
미식교육ㅋㅋ

>never cooked anything
>just make pho lol

>inverse property

It doesn't matter. Whether you cook your own meals or not, the feeling of pleasure and satisfaction will drain away regardless. Neither a hot dog from Costco's food court or a Filet Mignon from your own oven can fill the emptiness in your soul. It's not worth the effort, user.

It's already been said but the only way you'll improve is through practice and experimentation so good luck

cook all your meals
you'll get gud eventually

lol streaming
get a seedbox, get on some quality private trackers

To be honest I haven't cooked a fine meal due to the amount of time and effort to create it for it to be temporary satisfying when I could just eat some basic meal that only took me a half hour and less clean up. I'm getting to the point where I'm tired of eating like a pleb.

start with the basics, rice, pasta with some kinda sauce, how to handle different proteins, etc, and work up from there. it's not rocket science but expect to fuck up a lot.

How is that a 1100 calorie burger wtf

>not understanding grade school level fractions
I mean I'm familiar with the Americans are retarded meme but this just blew me away

exactly, thus it's reciprocal value is greater than 4's

>boil water
>put something in it
Start practicing.