Tip or no tip?

do you tip Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Z-qV9wVGb38
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nope, because I live in a proper country that pays livable wages

Only if I feel I've received exceptional service. You don't get extra for average, that's what your wages are for

With a rip

no I don't live in the US of A(ss)

I do. But I don't really have a percentage or whatever.

Ah, another thread where poor non-Americans pretend that nobody in their country tips, and that they aren't regarded as bums in their respective countries.

No. After getting spoiled by the superior service in the non-tipping countries, Japan and Korea, I refuse to reward the sloppy, slovenly slipshod service one receives in all but the finest dining establishments in the US. I refuse to subsidize the laziness that passes for service in most US restaurants.

I remember when we went to France, a local dressed in dirty-ass clothing scoffed and told us that you're not supposed to tip when we bought some bread and cheese. After he walked away another guy approached us and said to forget about him, and to feel free to tip if we received exceptional service.

If anything I'd say that tipping in Europe/other places is simply less incentiveized

Yep, and when I'm in Europe I include U.S. coins on top the the couple Euro I assume is adequate.

In Australia I think the only place you see a tip jar is at a cafe, sometimes I give them a bit of loose change, wouldn't ever be any more than 50 cents though.

At other stores they have money tins that go to charity, like guide dogs or places that help homeless people and things like that.

Yesterday I have a pocket full of change to animal welfare.

0 / 10% / 20% based on service with a floor of 2 and ceiling of 15

What a distinguished Gentleman.

You tipped in a supermarket?
Is this bait?

No, it really isn't typical to tip around the world that really is an American culture thing. Most people where I live genuinally feel insulted when you tip, its like saying "I feel sorry for you." in the most condescending way. Uneeded charity is pity etc.

That's exactly what's happening in these threads. Filthy, unwashed autistic europoors who have zero social awareness assume that everyone in all of Europe is a non-tipping bum like them.

and what country is that in?

I went to a small locally-owned shop to buy bread, cheese and some cured meats before going to a different store for wine.

Seriously what country is this that for some raisin people are offended by tips?

I think this is bait for sure.

A google search easily reveals many different websites and forums all saying that tipping up to 10% is appreciated for good service in Serbia.

Once again, you are a fucking poor disgusting europoor who doesn't know basic facts about his own country because you've only ever eaten tendies or at best you went out to McDonalds so you could experience what America is like.

I'm sorry you're the poorest person in all of Serbia, but real Serbians are outside right now, tipping.

Depends on where I'm visiting. If it's customary and expected, yes. If it's not then no.

>I know more about your country than you do, dumb stupid serb

Look, you can tip in the most expensive restaurants but its not considered something thats done. Seriously, if you come here and flash your cash people will think you're being egotistical.

>believing what 1 autistic retard on Veeky Forums says is better than asking the entire internet by googling it
Nobody has ever reacted badly to you tipping them. You made that story up as an excuse to be a stupid europoor.

Whatever, you keep being a cunt and I'll keep praying you don't come here to practice your ignorance.

you wouldn't bump into me even if I did come there, because obviously you are a shut-in

no, because I've stopped ordering delivery and eating out altogether. why should I when I can just get something to go and eat in the quiet comfort of my home, no tipping needed? t.NEET

>given up eating out altogether
>not a shut in

/thread

Only if I'm coming back because I don't want to look cheap if I had to see the same waiters again.

I tip well because I know what server minimum is. I'm a bartender and became a really good tipper because of it. Even during times where service wasn't super I tip decently basically out of sympathy because they have rent.

Whenever I can. I think it's important to be generous.

Never.

I only tip in crowded bars, mostly because the bartender would only serve the hot girls otherwise. Money is the great equalizer.

Why would I pay an employee's salary if I'm not making a profit from the restaurant?

>I know what server minimum is
You mean minimum wage, like every other profession?

yes even though its my parents money. usually 20%. i feel gratitude towards the server and my parents

1) Because it's cheaper for all involved, including you the customer to pay employees via tips rather than normal wages or salary.

2) Because it's customary. When in Rome....

youtu.be/Z-qV9wVGb38

This should end this thread.

Amazing that this has to be explained in every fucking thread. Servers can legally be paid less than the set minimum wage in most states.

Imagine how we'd save if no one paid taxes!

this desu senpai

obviously not, waiters and waitresses get an appropriate wage for what they do. i don't feel like it's the customers duty to pay them extra if their employers doesn't.
honestly, it feels like tipping is a 3rd world country thing and i rarely (if ever) visit those countries

this is actually a good point. the worst service i've ever gotten (generally speaking) was in the tipping countries. this is sort of contradicting to the myth that "tipping makes the service better". sure, it might make the service in tipping culture countries but that only makes the service adequate compared to the countries that i've dined in without a tip.
mind you, i haven't been to many countries, around 30 i suppose, mainly european though, about 10 outside of europe

Ive never met a server who didnt make 3x or more what the cooks were making, for unskilled and brainless work.

Because of tips.

I know euros don't tip for food, but do they tip for other things like hair cuts or auto service or something?

just gave my internet guy 10 bucks cause he did a nice job and really appreciated the work

I'm from Sweden and we don't tip anyone for anything..lol. But if you do (for some reason) they'll REALLY appreciate it

You have no idea what you're talking about. The law is that employers can pay their employee less than minimum wage IF their tips would add up to minimum wage. If the employee does not get enough tips to meet minimum wage, the employer must pay the difference. Anyone telling you otherwise is a liar.

i tip if the service is acceptable. if the food is subpar i'll leave a minimal tip. if the service is bad they get nothing.

Well, we don't like welfare or sharing our wealth, but we're perfectly content to shell out shekels for worthless service because we feels muh guilt. Sound familiar (pic related)?

No tip, cause i'm poor.

Except for the fact wage theft is still really common. Just because it's the law doesn't mean it actually happens.

A lot of employers will just let you go if you start trying to get them to make up the difference. Unless they literally tell you it's because of that, there's not shit you can do about it.

Nope , don't believe in it

So your solution is for the customer to aid and abet in the employer's illegal practices? In this day and age, it's extremely easy to whistleblow on wage theft

My mother always raised me to tip 30% off the meal. Regardless of how the service was. I'll only tip if they give me good service that's the way I go.

I'm curious, what is good service to you?

Most certainly i tip and well

When i ask for a grilled cheese or whatever i can make myself then i tip

I can also cut my own hair but to have it look like shit i would rather pay a few bucks and have it done well and tip for the service at its appreciated
Same with changing a tire, i can change my own tire only its a bitch so tire shops get a tip just the same its about the service

Sammich i tip just the same or do it all myself and usually better although it may eat up much of my time

Polite manners. Checking in with the family or customers on the appropriate time. Honestly not becoming to needy. I'd like someone to just try their best but not showing it. I want someone to show me they are more than what they really are. Sorry for long reply I had to actually think.

no tip lol

All tipping has ever done is just prioritize who looks like they will tip.

No, it's for the birds.

Should I tip my mom for giving birth to me?
Asking for a friend, thank you and God bless

Only tip if the food is cheap, expensive places should pay their people more. I had a waitress chase me out to my car recently after eating at a massively overpriced Asian place

No, they can't. If their wage plus tips adds up to less than minimum wage then the employer makes up the difference.

I do, because I've worked in American restaurants.

Pro cook here: I think servers are overpaid little twats with zero skill. They make in a day what I make in a week. They whine and bitch about nothing. They don't drain and scrub out fryers, they don't disassemble and scrub hood vents.

What they do, is the deal with the douchebag customers. That I don't do. In the kitchen, I'm with guys with a salty sense of humor, and we get ruthless. I couldn't do that fake shit of kissing ass to some douchebag in the hopes of making money that week.

In the kitchen, everybody is dickheads, we don't give a fuck, we make the food, we get our pay. We don't kiss ass.

Servers have to kiss ass, and that sucks for them, but they make money at it. I won't deny someone else's hustle.

As long as servers respect the proper order of things, I'll tip. Kitchen calls the shots. We make the food, you deal with the bullshit from the gluten-allergic douchebag morons that patronize the place, I'll tip.

Servers do one thing I don't do. That's run around from point A to B, kissing the ass of douchebags. They earn the money they make. It doesn't take skill to create something, it takes a personality to tolerate bullshit. They've earned their 20%.

If the service is good, yes. If the service is exceptional, i tip well.

That's true unless the reported tips don't add up to minimum wage for the hours in a pay period. Then the employer makes up the difference. That's to protect a server from slow times, not to let someone be shitty at their job.

$2.13 in the US, my dude.