Millitary chef assistant

I'll be drafted soon and given the position of chef assistant in an outpost that houses about 250 soldiers, what should i expect from the job?

>I'll be drafted soon

What 3rd world hell hole are you from that has an active draft?

The only people who cook in the military score VERYA LOW on the ASVABs. They put all the retards that can't be trusted with anything important in the kitchen. Congratulations, you're literally a retard.

Mostly food prep, vegetable peeling, that sorta stuff. Hope you enjoy it

This

What are you, Israeli?

so he'll make the same as a grunt but won't be blown up or shot at as much.

maybe he meant conscription

No tests here just kind of randomly assigned to posts. Yes that works as good as it sounds.
Some parts of Greece

>scored great on the ASVAB
>get offered a position a few levels up from the bottom on day 1
>free University after I'm done with military
Maybe I should have taken it

Yes you should of. If you could go 4 years without sperging out, and have just done one deployment you would have been set for life.

>Free college
>Veteran Status
>Health Care from the VA
>If you hurt your poor shins or pulled a muscle, disability for the rest of your life

Pretty much the worst job in the army. Everyone complains the food is shit or demand more than two strips of bacon and justifying that they have more work to do than you despite cooks pretty much work non stop and wake up o dark stupid. Also people don't wash their hands.

>ASVAB
>when he's being drafted

I'm fucking 30 with a degree and I'm enlisting. Fuck man, I do 4 years with the Coast Guard, never leave the US of A, get Vet status and the GI Bill and go back and get a free Ph.D.

If I'm lucky I'll get a spot on a Polar Roller and spend 6 months at sea and visit McMurdo. My goal is to work on helicopters, because why the fuck not?

I should have done this sooner

Welcome to the holy trinity of military service: cooks, supply guys, and medics.

You can expect long ass days full of bullshit as has said.

Yep. I received a free bachelors and am earning a free masters degree right now. I did have to deal with a lot of BS along the way.

OP which country are being conscripted to? I have experience on many European and Asian bases being one of a few Americans there (medical). Maybe I can give you some advice based on my experience circa 2008.

Either way good luck.

Time to burst your bubble of bullshit!
>I'm fucking 30 with a degree and I'm enlisting.
You should seek a commissioning source: OCS/ODS, and not be a retard and choke on your recruiters dick while doing so.
>I do 4 years with the Coast Guard
Oh so like TSA but on boats?
>never leave the US of A
That's where you're wrong faggot. CG is regularly sent to the ME and the Navy hates dealing with you fuckwits because you know fuck all about RoR in international waters.
>get Vet status and the GI Bill
law needs to be changed
>get a free Ph.D.
What shitty degree do you have? If you have to pay for a PhD then you're fucked. Give me two McChickens please.
>McMurdo
Only US Navy officers and USAF CCs go there now, so as not to violate the spirit of the nonmilitarization of the area.
>My goal is to work on helicopters
Okay enjoy your homelessnes

>tfw you have free college at 22 with 2500 a month in free money from the GI Bill as well as a TS/SCI clearance and are in great shape
Best thing I'll never do again.

You're a dick. That user has a good plan(aside from not commissioning since he has a degree) and you're shitting on it for no reason. Get off your high horse.

Exactly how does the GI Bill need to be changed exactly, by the way? I'm curious.

>boil water
>put in bag

Wew, let me tell you, I am sick and tired of these misconceptions. Gays are still allowed to serve in the US military, now "what does this mean for the rest of us?" you might ask, but now we have a solid answer to the age old question, "are traps gay", and the answer is clearly no, since if gays can serve, but traps cannot, traps/=gay. Thank you for your attention.

Go to bed Drumpf, you're even more incoherent than normal.

>Drumpf

What a waste of trips.

I was speaking the unfiltered truth about what user can expect. Yes user should commission, but if not user should just bend over for enlisted life, and I was both enlisted and commissioned. I am not trying to shit on user's dreams, but just painting an accurate picture that can be expected. It's better user goes in with their eyes open and expects the suck rather than not.