How is america so successful when this is the drivel being taught in your schools?

How is america so successful when this is the drivel being taught in your schools?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=im25MN5AwIc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

America was successful.

Because how exactly is a banal, anti-intellectual curriculum harmful when 'success' (eh) is indicated by economical factors and people of economy aren't related to intellectualism at all?

(((They))) pump all their resources into American order of mind control so that their power is spread properly. This drivel makes it even easier.

We are really just teetering and hanging on the coattails of our predecessors.
We are losing grip and will soon slip from our predecessors coat and fall flat on our faces.
This will be when a wave of reactionary classicism will rise, it will be neat to experience.

>why is the education system aimed at generating productive members of society instead of autistic theoreticians
really made me think

>papyrus
I actually threw up in my mouth.

Just a reminder to everybody laughing about American education: we are smarter than you. We have the best universities on the planet, have the most living Nobel Prize winners of any nation, and are responsible for countless inventions and scientific and intellectual accomplishments which your lives depend on every day. We earned the position of world's most intelligent nation through the American education system and the imperial measurement system, and we will keep this position through these .

>muh immigrants
>muh per capita

Sorry but these are invalid arguments. The intellectual power of the United States of America is stronger than any of your nations, bar none. Immigrants who choose to make use of our superior universities and higher education system usually become American citizens in order to work alongside their American genius friends and colleagues, making them just as American as me or any of my countrymen. I understand that this might make some of you feel inadequate, so you pick on nonexistent SJW classes that, while retarded, are offered to students because America is a land of freedom to learn anything you choose no matter what. This is our strength, and this is what makes us better than you.

America out
*drops mike*

new pasta

wow, university rating and awards for individual people in fields with tens of thousands of people working on them are so unbiased

>papyrus

worst thing about that image

>1963 Betty Friedman publishes Feminine Mystique

Fucking lol, is this real?

Come on dude if not for the H-1B Visa taking talent from other countries, our position in the international STEM community would fucking plummet
Americans aren't smart, we just take smart from other countries and be like "see we have smarts, why is this nuclear physicist from Xistan in our colleges?"
We need some serious goddamn reworking of American education

>schools
>monolithic assumption

In america, school quality is dictated by local property taxes. So the school system I chose to move into for my children is fucking tip top, with AP, AB, and foreign exchange programs in addition to technology and trades training for plebs, all while enjoying fantastic activities and extracurriculars, and hosting olympians as sports coaches, while the one down state route in the next town has been taken over by the government because less than half the kids passed the state exams.

Not only that, but property values price out minorities, and in a northern new england state that means the only dark colored kids have parents that are doctors.

In my town the fucking PTA has votes on textbooks, and rejects liberal ones. They just shat all over the board recommendation for transgender bathrooms too as "an unacceptable violation of cultural norms at this time".

dont drop microphones, it damages the internal wiring. fucking disrespectful behavior picked up from nigger rappers.

>UT and UVA always getting the short stick

It's economically successful due to how the state and federal system is set up, and it still attracts a lot of smart immigrants from all over the world (except the illegal immigrants, whose virtues of being cheap exploitable labour is lumped with the white-collar immigrants)

But yeah, the public education in the system in the US is quite bad, and just churns out conformists. It's quite sad. I'm not a fatalist though.

this, eventually if the guy Xistan has kids, he'll be biting his elbows because he vastly overestimated the discipline and structure of education compared to his home country.

Hence why Asian kids are ushered into AP programs, the other stuff is waffle.

>northern new england state
isn't that where a lot of the opiod users are concentrated?

>In america, school quality is dictated by local property taxes.

actually, i would argue student quality is determined by local property taxes. i work in urban education, and i've looked at the stats. suburban schools have bigger classes, but better outcomes than underperforming urban schools. you can give some hood school a new library filled with imacs and three copies of every book in the canon of world literature, it's not going to mean they will use the computers for anything but watching anime and soccer, or even take a book of the shelf.

Our universities are high quality due to capitalism and foreign money, but our primary schools are rubbish and the gene pool here is deplorable. This is made worse because privatized education means our universities are mostly concerned with foreigners who return home, and we are left with an ignorant, white trash general population

There's a ton here but the biggest concentration is in Appalachia

northern new england states barely have any minorities anyways. what does nothern new england mean anyways? maine? i went to public school in new england, there were the children of professors from elite universities mixed in with culturally white trash kids whose families owned peti-bourgeois trucking or construction businesses, as well as cambodian and puerto rican kids who lived in totally dysfunctional households in the local housing projects. the professors kids all went to ives, the minorities got thrown out or dropped out, and the white trashy kids finished their diploma and then went into trade work. we all went to the same school and took the same classes.

Yeah but the thing is:
1. They are white
2. They generally work and OD after work
3. They die extremely fast due to Fentanyl becoming more popular than heroin.
4. They work and live in pre-mentioned shittowns
5. They got into heroin late in life due to prescription happy doctors.

Well in that case it is parent quality which dictates property taxes, and since most people do research now, the cycle is self perpetuating.

Also, class sizes are 10:1 in my kids school now.

>what does nothern new england mean anyways? maine?

Maine Vt New Hampshire, and I guess Western Mass if you are some Holyoke/Amherst faggot.

>They work and live in pre-mentioned shittowns
but getting hooked on pills isn't particularly correlated with class right? I imagine a good handful of kids from prim and tidy middle class to upper households can get mixed with that stuff pretty easily, especially if both their parents are working.

Id like to say no, but it isnt what ive seen. Maybe it is that being hooked on pills drags you down into the marxist criminal underclass

i lived in new england before the post-9/11 afghan war launched heroin production sky high, but even back then there was a lot of heroin creeping in, and this was when the only prescription pills people had were ritalins and maybe some muscle relaxers that didn't do anything but make you feel comfy, but even back then every so often you'd hear about some "promising young man" oding and dying...of course when some bum overdose no one cared, but when a college student from a private school od oh what a tragedy...there is a lot of privilege with regard to law enforcement in those "academic" areas...whenever i was out buying/transporting/doing drugs, i knew if i had a professors kid or other "pillar of the community's" kid with me, we would not get stopped or harrassed...the only times i got arrested was when i was with working class only.

This is just the blandest possible liberal vision of post war history. banal symbolic achievements of environmentalism and bourgeoisie feminism sprinkled here and there to disguise the narrative's true nature: a panegyric to free trade and the unobstructed movement of capital. But wait! evil forces from without threaten this fragile edifice of 'progress', it's those pesky jihadists with their carbombs and 9/11s. This is why we need spooks, mass surveillance, fabricated intelligence... the universal state is inevitable utopia, perfection itself but it's also incredibly fragile.

>the universal state is inevitable utopia
that's been the occasion with Russia for centuries, if you've read Vassily Grossman. If anything, the state should be heavily distrusted because even at it's best it works as parentalism, which doesn't nothing infantalize people.

>productive members of society
>Being a better replaceable cog in the capitalist system is more productive than educating people so that we can find better ways to do things. This reminds me of Journey To The End of The Night when Bardamu gets fired for thinking.

>being a cog in the system
This is good for the system. Why are you surprised?

>america so successful
LOL WUT?
there's just a big cultural ferment, which makes the US an interesting place on Earth, and a constant innovation that stimulates creativity.
but the level of education and the American mentality remain shit, so I don't get what you're worrying about

>1900 - humanity was invented

Who's Mike?

not for long your universities are communist breeding grounds now youtube.com/watch?v=im25MN5AwIc

Im glad you asked

No you aren't.
>le science
Irrelevant.

'top university' is based upon nonmetrics. Dicksucking, basically.

This. I don't know why this wasn't /thread

Anyone who has had firsthand experience with H1B shitheads will tell you this is objectively false.

>1 shitty textbook designed to teach negroes basic history is the curriculum of every school in America
we're successful because of our highly financialized market that generates infinite revenue for producing no actual products.
and we beef our military the fuck up so we can fuck with people when we need to (which is more than you think)
and we won WW2 in such a blaze of glory that everyone got in the habit of bowing down and sucking our dicks for years afterwards
and our country has a stronger nationalist base than any other country today

all of these things in culmination with each other gives America the image of being a super stronk country

>*drops mike*
Quality pasta

I can't get over how shitty this timeline is. Even for a "Global Interactions" theme or whatever the fuck they're trying to push it's all over the place and half the events are barely important.

> tfw never got into a top 20

it hurts
it will always hurt

>tfw went to two top 20s
you're not missing much imo, as long as you have a .edu email and uni library + jstor access.

>americans think the world began 70 years ago
Really kicked my gears

seems obvious that this is a time table referencing a specific texts and contextualizing events mentioned in it

H1B is about shipping in boats full of people who can do the job semi-adequately for less money, if you think we're importing high-caliber brainpower with that it's only because they're geniuses compared to your retarded ass.

How can there be no mention of the fall of the Berlin Wall and the USSR?

>all these antimerican fags
usa is best capitalism is best. REPUBLIC and 1776 not MARX and 1917 ok. private property.

>Zurich
Surprise surprise.

Because they had to make place for Rachel Carson, Betty Friedan, Greenpeace and the Conventin on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women, which are much more important

And yet my education was free while you have to take up humungous student loans.

>tfw ETH Zürich

also:
>the imperial measurement system
KYS

Goes to show that free educations only produce retards like you.

>Being this bland as a person that you have to compensate by being proud of your country instead of yourself.

MUH PROGRESS MUH PROGRESS

>not Finland
>not Korea
>not Japan
laughingwhores.jpg

>korea
>japan
STEMshit doesn't matter. That's why American schools also don't matter.
>korean schools
HEER ANSWER
HEER ANSWER FROM MANY YEAR
YOU LEARN GOOD
YOU TEST GOOD
YOU GET A+ OR GO TO NORTH KOREA
YOU GET A+ AND GO TO AMERICA
YOU GO AMERICAN SCHOOL AND DO SAME

Because the top 10% produce all the innovation meanwhile the rest are just happy workers.

What are foriegn universities like?
After my service I want apply to some.

I hope I get in cause I was not a fan of commitment when I was younger.

>cambridge above oxford

That's how you know this table is shit

>either above shit
No, that's how you know this table is shit.

The most gratifying thing about reading the many responses to this post, pasta or no, is that not a single respondent, not a one (up to this point), even bothered to try thoroughly refuting the substance of what was actually posted here, beyond the odd feeble nuh-uh.

saved

A high level of specialization in all aspects of labour and life, which makes for a highly technological-oriented mindset in the average citizen and a very good distractor and pacifier of the masses (even the more educated ones)

>Osama Bin Laden killed
Fuckin kek.

this is why ayn rand was right

the truth is that most people are unexceptional, and pretty much anything great in a society is created by a very small minority

most people need to just get out of their way