Who can

who can guess what this is?

Is it a treasure map?

close

An electric circuit duh dumbass

>dual supplies

youre probably a faggot

even closer

The schematic for the circuitry in your vibrator.

Non-inverting low-pass RC filter

"Lie-Detector"

it's a sketch

full bridge rectifier

A grim reminder that I shouldn't have become an engineer

what kind of animal puts the positive input on the bottom

Audio filter and amp

A circuit with an op-amp on it.

Not with 23Hz cutoff.

I dunno, what is it?

Jackhammer driver

it is an operational amplifier set up to have some gain

This is an active low-pass filter

Basically - you can make a low-pass filter with just a resistor and a capacitor. The problem with that is that it's crude. The load affects the quality of the output signal. So, if you are looking for a more consistent filter, you can use something like this.

In this case the op-amp in the middle helps to decouple the input signal from the output, so your filter works better.

Are op amps even still used? I thought it was just something the crusty old professor that taught at my community college electronics course was going over because he was outdated and stuck in the 70s.

OP here, this guy guessed correctly

They're used all the time in analog electronics.

in my experience they aren't used mostly due to cost

I'm a math major and what is this?

Are you shitting me? Of course op-amps are still fucking used. They're like a basic fucking component.

It's a circuit diagram

Low pass filter.

Where did you get 23 Hz from? The cutoff should be 147 Hz, right?

all the fucking time. any and every audio circuit you've ever heard, more than likely. unless you got something old like my twin reverb.

Everybody can guess. A better question would be: Who WILL CORRECTLY guess what this is?
Also if somebody knows what it is, they aren't really guessing.

something a SPICE simulator will tell you

They aren't used for most of heavy lifting signal processing anymore (we have dsp for that), but they are useful when interfacing with the world outside of the digital plane.

>The cutoff should be 147 Hz, right?
you've calculated the pulsation, which is omega=1/(R*C), instead of frequency f=1/(2*pi*R*C)

shhh, don't look at it honey, that's something adults do

Those sound like shit and suck out the life of the wood. Digital circuits has NO place in guitar signal chains - thats why Tubes were made.

>Op amp
>Digital circuit

Differential amplifier?

Hmm not so sure because the resistor on top is no resistor but a capacitor. Then maybe low pass filter of some higher order?

>the resistor on top is no resistor but a capacitor
wut

The question is, why would you want to amplify (and buffer) the frequencies bellow the hearing range? I can't think of an application. Not saying there isn't one, you have to see a lot of circuits to tell what they do just by analyzing how they operate, and I'm nowhere near that level.

Active lowpass filter with a 23Hz cutoff. Definitely not used for audio, probably instrumentation since that field usually works with low frequencies.

*on bottom. The drawing is pretty confusing because in general, you try to place the negative input of the OpAmp on the bottom, and make the Rail-to-Rail voltage go from +15 V to - 15 V, not the other way round, that's probably why I switched it in my head.

He probably means you'd have a differential amplifier if the capacitor was a resistor instead. What he failed to add was that you'd need a second input at the inverter where the GND is in OP for the amp to differentiate between the two and not just amplify 1.

In an electronics magazine I subscribe to there is a monthly contest where they give you a (usually non trivial) schematic and you have to tell what it is and what does it do. Analyzing how it works is easy as long as you know your wires, the hard part is always recognizing what is it and its application.

Yes, that's what I meant.

However, now that I've had a more clear look on it, I'm pretty sure it's a low pass filter on the input followed by a noninverting amplifier at the second stage, so the cutoff frequency is either given by the RC-lowpass or the OpAmp, and the gain is 1.5 due to the choise of the resistor values.

May I ask you what magazine that is?

It's a polish magazine, so that probably won't be useful for you. But in case you are/know polish - "Elektronika dla Wszystkich".

CS kid here, those are logic gates from my baby's first boolean algebra class

Literally sitting next to an op amp whose power supply I just broke.

Did you draw this in paint?

not even close

Circuit of a vibrator for your ass faggot