Is he the smartest man on the planet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q55Uc2JCqo8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no that would be your mother
because I taught her last week

Is this thread bait?
(Read: yes)

Could Elon really be smarter than Shinichi?

He lacks the phenotype

No, he's a brainlet pretending to be smart.

>wants to be Tony Stark
>doesn't have bitchin facial hair
>doesn't act like Roger Sterling
>isn't an andrenaline junkie
>doesn't take risks like Howard Hughes
>his idea of being a playboy is fucking a divorced slut
>spends no time in the garage and is a glorified businessman

Jesus Christ, what a cuck. I bet he's a darn Commie and all of his "muh scary AI" talk is a way to monopolize the market and then use his AI Super-Weapon to institute Communism.

Elon gets too much shit. intensions aside he gets things that need budget the budget it needs.

>"muh scary AI" talk

"AI is dangerous! But my botnet army of cars and advanced rocket weaponry is no cause for concern at all! Move along, peasant!"

Who the FUCK are YOU to speak aginst FUCKING BASED ELON?! FUCK YOU SHITLORD! Now let him do all the AI Research he wants, he promises it's safe in his hands.

He's more likely the most ambitious man on the planet.

>He's more likely the most ambitious man on the planet.

He got lucky and ran with it. He will be as responsible for his businesses' innovations as the food you eat is responsible for your innovations.

The average physics undergrad is smarter than him.

honestly, the smartest are probably pretty "incapable". Social misfits, invisible, basic human disasters. They just see a lot more than everyone else, but lack the mechanisms to do anything about what they see...or maybe their perspicacity extends to humans and they see that there's no point or that it would take more effort than they are willing or able to expend.
Pretty sure Grigori Perelman is smarter than Musk, and there are doubtless even smarter people than Perelman who are even less able than he is to fit into society.

Decent brainpower+ambition+socially apt > superior amounts of raw brainpower

Except that Elon actually has a degree in physics too as well as lot of experience using it.

People act like Elon didn't even go to school and just had money to start businesses. Like he's totally unqualified or something.

In fact, he went to fucking University of Pennsylvania which is an ivy league school and got two degrees in physics and economics and got accepted to Stanford after that, though he dropped out to persue his entrepreneurial aspirstions. He's obviously extremely intelligent.

Why you think you can say an average physics undergrad from Flyover State College is comperable just shows that you personally have something against Musk and choose to ignore facts.

>Is he the smartest man on the planet?
he's decently intelligent, it dosen't mean he isn't full of shit

no

The next time I see the Pale Blue Dot image I'll think there's a dumb fuck on there that actually thinks this. And I don't even like Musk.

He's smart, but it would be absurd to claim that he knows better than everyone in every industry he touches. How involved is he in product design anyway?

Why focus so hard on his intelligence? He actually gets money to long term risky research, it's extremely admirable

Also, the most intelligent individual is not always going to be the most successful in every single scenario. There may be smarter people than him but none of them decided to start a rocket company.

I don't understand why some people on Veeky Forums hate him though. More players in the space business is only a good thing.

They're both cranks.

He's a fool for being afraid of a general AI, and you're a retard for confusing a general AI with self-driving cars

I don't hate him, but I don't love him either. I am, however, tired of his attitude and the way he fuels his devotees' "I'm rooting for the winning team" behavior. The belief seems to be that his ways are the future, and the future lies in his ways, 100%. He's a part of it, but not the whole thing, especially not in the timeframes usually thrown around.

he's having an AMA in an hour

hes a Veeky Forums meme, so probably not

Reddit is cancer though

literally a late stage capitalism marketing meme

aren't you forgetting someone sci

woah. niel degrasse tyson! first time i've seen a picture of him young

I would bet that the smartest person on the planet is living in some 'underserved' neighborhood and will never have an opportunity to demonstrate and use his mental prowess.

Relax there, you're going to end up in a sticky situation if you keep on riding Ol' Musky's dick that hard.

look at the file name you ingrate

>falling for such a bait response
why did you do this? A blind vegtable could spot what was doing from 10 solar systems away, what are you doing here

>tfw I'm the smartest person in the universe but will never be discovered because I'm too intelligent to help humanity

He has NASA contracts, but a lot of his ideas are shortsighted and full of shit. Enter the Hyperloop.
Here's a video.
youtube.com/watch?v=Q55Uc2JCqo8

The only real merit of this man is paypal, he got the idea of internet payments before other people, the rest of his merits was only possible because he is a millionaire man and spend his money in what he wants, for example he likes IA and he has no idea about computer science founded OpenAI gym and pay to other people for think by him and take the credit "Elon Musk AI defeats dota2 champion", he has advanced knowlments about rockets? probablly not, he only thinks maybe would nice to reuse it, and put his people work on it and take the credit again.

Many people has weid and nice ideas for solve a problem in a moment of their lives, and they are not feasible, and what is the diference? a bank account whit millions of dollars, he is actually a meme just like jobs.

> he is actually a meme just like jobs.

stopped reading there.

you must seriously be a NEET if you think having a job is a meme

>i have a elementary school reading level
i read it
What a dork, i write jobS, refer to the guy of apple, applefags thinks that jobs is a meseah a great genius, and he was only a bussiness man, is excatlly the same think whit Musk

Jobs like Steve Jobs, not having a job.

that's not a video about the Hyperloop, but thanks for that nonetheless

>i have no argument

No. a truly "smart" person would understand human biology can not thrive in space and it designed for Earth environment so the push toward space is folly.

also being around emfs is bad,,mmmkay? anyone who recommends or tries to sell you tech which bathes your body in emf's is not your friend

Out of my way fucking shits.

smart people like memes too, who would have thought

how is this Veeky Forums related? fuck off idiots

>he has advanced knowlments about rockets? probablly not

Yes he has. Not on the level of people like Tom Mueller but he knows a lot about rockets.

>he rest of his merits was only possible because he is a millionaire man and spend his money in what he wants

NASA and other aerospace companies spend countless billions, even more than Musk. Yet it is SpaceX that delivers results. You cannot explain that merely by him being a millionaire.

>also being around emfs is bad,,mmmkay?

please vacate this board immediately

Don't buy lamps, they emit em waves