Why aren't you working on your novel right now?

Why aren't you working on your novel right now?

Novels are dead. Short stories are the future

No one has the attention span for novels

cuz im a ba d writer

>implying anyone has the time to sit down and read an entire fucking short story

get the fuck outta here

The kids love them, look at greentexts, reddit, and those scp things

Idk how to start

I'm a terrible writer, my professors always find a million flaws.

This anime isn't going to watch itself.

I think i have to agree with this, I blame vine and those gay minute long cooking videos on facebook.

more like flash fiction

>those gay minute long cooking videos on facebook

>tfw the internet will destroy society because nobody will know how to properly cook anything anymore

I had a nightmare that I was an unrepentant serial killer and then someone was mean to me on the internet and now I'm having an existential crisis. Am I a bad person? My anxiety sure as shit thinks so.

kys

>go back over my work to write a second draft and revise it
>end up nearly doubling the length of each paragraph unintentionally
How do I know what is fluff and what us essential?

Don't worry. I feel that way, too, sometimes.

I think I am going to develop schizophrenia later in life.

You might just write sparingly, so on subsequent drafts you add more. I think most people overwrite in their first draft, though.

thanks user- it's just really hard to deal with sometimes. I already have bpd & co, and every reflections of my person usually leads to excessive drinking.

My old housemate still has my laptop charger and I owe him 200$ and I fucked his girlfriend so the whole things probably gone unless he doesn't know yet in which case if I can move enough MD this weekend I'll probably be able to start writing again by the end of the month.

never give up. It takes most writers a decade or two to become proficient! I hope to be able to read your work someday

>No one has the attention span for novels

Then that is precisely the reason to make long ass 1000 page novels, people need to be re-educated

why do you fags even want to write

I dunno. Why did you write this shitty post?

I always thought about writing but never actually wrote anything, it's like I have million useless fragmented ideas and I can't make sense any of them.
Also excuses, I'm just a coward most likely.

Short stories are dead. Haikus are the future
No one has the attention span for short stories

That's the thing, none of those fragmented ideas will become anything unless you force them to. Put them down on paper and write.
Once you start and get past the first feelings of doubt and uncertainty, you won't be able to stop yourself.

Haikus are dead. Single-line stories are the future.
No one has the attention span for haikus.

i should continue this meme by saying "Single-line stories are dead. Sigle words stories are the future" but I won't

Because I can't stop masturbating

suck shit

kys

I like to think that these traits give us greater potential to be better writers. The suffering and all that. But the drinking will always get in the way. Always write sober, drink after you actually get something done

Single word stories are dead, one letter stories are the future.

h