What are ingredients you should always have at your home, besides the obvious pepper and salt?

What are ingredients you should always have at your home, besides the obvious pepper and salt?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=14aZbjs0mIY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A1 sauce and Mcdonalds coupons

Potatoes, olive oil, garlic of, onions

Basil, organo, thyme, curry powder, paprika, garlic, chili powder, cumin, rosemary

How long do potatoes stay good? My potatoes always grow sprouts within a week.

Olive oil, pasta, many various cheeses (preferably pecorino or penicillium-derived), eggs, onions, basil (which I find the most versatile leaf spice), and peppers

For sweets, I keep brown sugars, heavy cream, and plenty of flour on hand

Honestly, what's in my kitchen depends on the time of year.

I'm on a no garlic or onion diet for 30 days.

....why?

You have no idea how bad they are for you. I'm on the first week and already feel more energetic, think clearer, lost a ton of weight, my skin looks better...

To see if I feel some sense of clarity and any other health benefits. Also I feel like people fall back on onion, garlic, shallots, etc, cause they lack imagination and skill. I'm putting my self up to the test.

This post tastes like bait

onions,garlic,potatoes/pasta and carrots, after that it pretty much depends on what type of food you are into.

Potatoes, onions, carrots, garlic, bay leaf, parsley, thyme, soy sauce, dry sherry, flour, and sugar are my go-tos for a lot of things in the kitchen.

that's because it is. either bait or he has some weird condition

whole chicken in-a-can, of course.

Eggs, butter, hot sauce and gin.

Flour
Eggs
Milk
Sugar
Baking powder
Baking soda
Dry yeast
Canola, vegetable, and olive oils
Potatoes
Onions
Garlic in some form
Hot sauce

Olive oil, apple cider vinegar, turkish coffee, black tea, butter and hard or semi hard cheese, bread, eggs. That's 100% out of time in my fridge or pantry. Also 80% of time milk and nesquick. In case my hormones give me hard time and cat is unavailable

Keep them on the counter or where sunlight hits them. They are a root vegetable so in a dark pantry that has any moisture they tend to do that.

>turkish coffee
Where the hell am I supposed to get that

Don't listen to this faggot, this turns potatoes green so you absolutely have to peel them before cooking or get poisoned.

Shut up you stupid twat faced bitch. Leave them in indirect sunlight.

Pakistan

For me, it's starches, staple meats in the freezer, and canned vegetables in the pantry.

With starches, those last for weeks:
-2 lbs. bag Basmati rice
-1 or 2 lbs of potatoes, whatever's on sale. Usually a few Idahos, or some Yukon golds or redskins
-1 large loaf of French or Italian bread. I eat 1/2 of it the first day or two, then stick the other half in the freezer for later. Yes I know that makes it stale faster, but then I use it for croutons or garlic toast points.
-1 bag of flour tortillas
-1 lbs of all-purpose flour, for making roux and fried batters (I don't do a lot of baking)

Meats in the freezer:
-2 to 6 pounds of ground beef
-2 to 6 pounds chicken (breasts or thighs, whatever's on sale
-1 to 3 pounds of pork chops
-1 to 3 pounds of thick-cut bacon
-1 to 2 pounds of shrimp (still in shell, need to be de-veined)

Vegetables:
-2 to 6 cans of green beans
-2 to 6 cans of corn
-2 to 6 cans of peas
-2 to 6 cans of kidney beans
-2 to 6 cans of baked beans
-2 to 6 cans of tomato sauce
-2 to 6 cans of diced tomatoes

Fats:
-1 lbs real unsalted butter
-1 bottle of Canola oil for general purpose frying
-1 bottle of olive oil, for nicer saute stuff

Dairy:
-1 gallon of milk
-1 pint of heavy cream, for alfredo sauce or mashed potatoes or scrambled eggs
-1 block of basic sharp cheddar cheese for burgers and tacos
-1 wedge of Parmagian, for alfredos and pastas.

I buy vegetables fresh for specific dishes. Stuff like onions, carrots, celery, bell peppers, garlic, jalapenos and other chilis, fruits, I buy them on the day I need them or the day before. I'll buy meats, cheeses and eggs the same way. Just today I bought some ham shanks and a pound of ham, because I want to make some navy beans & ham in the next few days.

As far as just generally being able to whip up a quick, I always have a meat, a veg, a starch, and some spices, or to make soup, canned vegetables are fine. Fresh is for specific dishes.

Pic unrelated.

this

i'd add tomato paste, flour, baking powder, soy sauce and brown/white sugar

The trinity ( onions, carrots, celery ) always.
Garlic, thyme, basil, bay leaves, Rosemary, oregano, sazon, adobo, teijin, Old Bay, Cajun, sesame oil, mirin, ginger, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, msg.
Any "kidney" style beans, canned and uncooked, frozen chicken, canned chicken, frozen hamburger, frozen veggies. Canned tomatoes of all types.
Brown, short grain, long grain white rice, basmati rice, quinoa, flour.
Butter, milk, heavy cream, cheese, plain whole milk yogurt.
Peanut butter, jam/preserves, mayo, yellow and whole grain mustard, ketchup, sweet baby rays, sandwich pickles, lemon, lime.
White people bread, english muffins, tortillas.

It is. Based on this guy or similar:

youtube.com/watch?v=14aZbjs0mIY

swap meme sauce with tomatoes and that's about right

"Turkish" also means the finest ground, like powdered sugar. You use that to make Turkish coffee

Fat (oils and/or butter)
Acid (vinegars, lemons, etc...)
Accent (garlic, spices, and herbs)