What do you like to study in your free time that's unrelated to what you do or want to do professionally?

What do you like to study in your free time that's unrelated to what you do or want to do professionally?

How to take care of my hair.

Conlanging.

Ha, nerd.

Languages

I find reading about second world war quite fullfilling, mostly eastern front.

Piano, drawing, card sleights.

Humanities, specially history, philosophy and psychology.

a woman's anus

unapplied math

Italian & web page development.

endocrinology

bass guitar

music

Piano, Gamedev & Programming (I don't want to do that professionally, but I do.), Chess.

Literally everything, since my job has absolutely nothing to do with any of my interests.

philosophy, evolution, theoretical physics and blockchain

European history

History

>specially history, philosophy and psychology
You mean especially: specially describes a particular use for something, whereas especially means "in particular" or "specifically".

I study want to research ecology
Ecology is applicable to everything on earth. Ecology means "the study of life at home"
Everything I study in my free time can be relevant to ecology

piano, behavioral economics

MAH BOIIII

History, biology, and physics. I guess I already have a degree in history but since that isn't what I do for a living its not really something I use that much.

Neurology, philosophy, and video game design.

Drawing. I can draw 100x better than I can do math or program. Even though it's something that I enjoy, I could never bring myself to make it a job (assuming you can get a job with art lel). I frequently get mistaken for an art student and it makes me sad

duuuuudeeee yesssss! same what type of stuff do you read/study??!

I'm really curious about picking it up as a hobby but I suck. Where did you start user on honing technique?

Roman history.

And making/designing flying kites.

Yes. I speak a romance language. These false cognates get me every time.

blog/post work etc.

I'm serious, post it. I'll post mine to encourage

Seconded, where do you start?

I smoke tobacco(no cigs), go dancing on the weekends, weightlift and put incredible effort towards eating healthy.

It's not that unrelated to what I study, but I like to solve Euler projects

Go on /ic/ and do loomis

Also just practice a fuckton that's the biggest secret. Trace sketch whatever just get good at making deliberate lines and curves and know how they'll fit together

How to make my dick bigger

lifter huh?

cook meth

>Go on /ic/ and do loomis
>Trace
Honestly this is the worst advice ever and is why no one on /ic/ ever improves. The only way to learn drawing is from the ground up. That means drawing complete compositions utilizing only basic forms and still lifes of simple objects with an emphasis on gesture and negative space IN TRADITIONAL MEDIA. This is how every master learned how to draw since the 16th century.

Anatomy and figure drawing are not fundamental skills, and I have no idea why /ic/ decided to isolate those as the most important elements of drawing (actually I do: weebism). People on /ic/ pick the most complex subject for a composition and proceed to draw decontextualized motionless corpses for hours on end every day without understanding why they're failing miserably because the only criticism available on /ic/ is "you're bad at figure drawing, draw more figures." Loomis can't help people who can't freehand a cube or identify a source of light, which is >90% of /ic/ posters.

tl;dr If you go on /ic/ for any reason other than funposting, you're ngmi.

>The only way to learn drawing is from the ground up. That means drawing complete compositions utilizing only basic forms and still lifes of simple objects with an emphasis on gesture and negative space IN TRADITIONAL MEDIA.
This is ridiculous bullshit. Some of the best digital artists have only worked in digital, and have never bothered with "basic forms and still lifes of simple objects".

>This is how every master learned how to draw since the 16th century.
You know why they learned to draw that way in the 16th century? Because they only had "traditional media" to work with, and the only thing they could check their work against was a static indoor scene. All of their people look weird as shit because they had no snapshots to use for reference. They tended to draw bored faces, because that's how models end up looking when you make them sit for hours, and when they tried to draw non-bored faces, they generally screwed them up pretty badly. The few exceptions are remembered as great works, and only a handful of the most talented people ever made a few... in long careers of painting mostly weird-ass faces.

Furthermore, not everyone is interested in drawing slavish realism, and there are a thousand roads to learning to draw with an interesting individual style. There are no hard rules but that what looks good, looks good.

>t. /ic/ hivemind
I'm not going to have the same argument that's been had thousands of times on /ic/. I'm right, you're wrong, every aspect of the field of professional art proves me right. Stop posting.

The bible.

>Russian

literature, philosophy, and some history
it's funny because i hated those subjects in school but now that i'm in college i feel like i got over the whole "ugh why do we have to learn about dead people" phase and found a new perspective.

I like to play video games.

I'm a physics graduate (M.Sc.), but I actually like evolution biology much more, but in my shit country (Krautland) you can't study what you want, so I had to pick physics instead of biology. Fucking communism!

fellow kraut here, why couldnt you pick?

I too would like to know why you can't pick what you study.

I know it's strange for a STEM student, but I study Occultism.