What is after death? Will i feel anything? Will i become anything?

What is after death? Will i feel anything? Will i become anything?

You wont really know til you die, so stfu

-Socrates

You´re nothing.

You´re a mistake and your necesities of survive gived you enough intelligence to think about yourself.

You are nothing relatively.

For your father you are a beloved son, to a lion you´re an invasor.

When you die you will be forgived and all of your close persons.

There will come more species or the massive destruction of death.

There shouldn´t be a reason to see something further the end of our cycle.

I'm conscious for some reason along with billions of others in a universe full of countless superclusters. who is to say I won't arise again? And if our consciousness is contingent on a specific material configuration then wouldn't that imply one observer can operate from two different bodies given the right conditions?

>What is after death?
The good news is if you simply cease to exist, you'll never know about it.

what if i will not cease to exist? What if i happen to be trapped in infinite loop of absurd, hopeless, unimaginable pain and suffering?

not a single living person has any idea whatsoever.
We can ponder all we want but we can never know or really have any idea. This is something every single one of us has to live with, well unless you decide to fall for one of those religious scams where someone makes shit up and confidently tells you it's true for your money. Nobody can disprove them because again, you could never know until your dead.

>What if i happen to be trapped in infinite loop of absurd, hopeless, unimaginable pain and suffering?
That's pretty much what is said to happen if you are evil and if Christians are correct in their theory of eternity.

>I'm conscious for some reason along with billions of others in a universe full of countless superclusters. who is to say I won't arise again?
The "I" part is non-real ego narrative bullshit the first time around, there isn't anything there to return for a second or third time. What emerged was brain activity, and brain activity can emerge in the future, but the belief there's continuity from one moment to the next even within the lifespan of a single organism is just a convenience of reference. There isn't an actual physical mechanism that makes brain activity from one moment share in an identity with brain activity of other moments.

Eternal sodomy.
You get what you prefer in terms of giving or taking, if you're a switch you get spitroasted.

>what are memories

>not a single living person has any idea whatsoever.

That's wrong user, plenty of people have been dead for a while. Maybe just ask them what happens.

The brain needs time to function, however charged particles, water, nutrients and waste products are constantly circulating and you are constantly changing. You are not the same person who read "You" just now, you just have the same memories.

The person who read "You" is dead, however the particles that made them who they are are still here, they are just jumbled and mixed up. Some are still part of the brain, some have just moved around the brain, some have already left the brain. You may share their memory and arguably that memory was a part of them, however new particles have since replaced old ones, new neurotransmitters and such. Of the particles that you share like those that compose myelin sheaths, it is debatable whether they are really "you" or part of the functioning elements of your neural network directly linked to your sapience/consciousness.

>what are memories
Information, not identity. You gain other people's memories to some extent all the time already whenever you read someone else's account of events in a book or watch a documentary for example, and that doesn't make you become those people.

As Epicurus once said, when we are there is no death, and when death comes we aren't. The fear of death comes out of thinking we feel after we die, but the answer to that is unknown for we do not know whta happens, its only specilatuin adn imagination.

this
there could be an alien supercomputer over in alpha centauri assuming the next state of your mind riiight now. So what, does your consciousness "jump" there? What if you were pulverized in the same instant the computer switches on, would your consciousness latch on to the other machine just like it supposedly does in each "iteration" of the universe? If the supercomputer used a completeld different system of computation and it still works, doesnt that mean that there is a way to read random particle patterns and end up with the conclusion that they are simulating a brain, under the system you chose?
Consciousness is an ill-defined concept. A thinking identity, a personality, basically what program your brain runs is not but the thought that your personality is connected to the real world through this "consciousness" is absurd and leads to problems

Hopefully we're living in a simulation and our creator(s) have made us an afterlife, but even if we are living in a simulation I would think an afterlife would be unlikely as it would probably be seen as a waste of RAM by our creator(s).

Wrong. You gain memories of the experience of reading their book etc, not their actual memories themselves. All you have is your own interpretation of how that would be experienced, not a direct experience of it

Diogenes lifts up your skeleton and proclaims, "Behold, life!"

>be ancient end game alien race
>hey let's simulate some humans but with an afterlife except they'll never know
>100000 iterations later they start believing there's an afterlife
>2000 iterations later they know they're in a simulation
creepy desu

>The "I" part is non-real ego narrative bullshit
prove it

Holy fuck how can you be this retarded

i isn't in the reals, jackass, QED

firstly eugenics must be implemented

Nope. You're a large conglomeration of fine tuned chemical reactions fighting equilibrium by taking in energy and exporting entropy to your surroundings. When that stops you simply cease to be and disassociate as your component molecular species reach their lowest energy state. Just like anything else. In a way, it's almost like you never lived at all. The time from conception to death is only encoded physically in your brain, along with all the memories there of. And when that disintegrates it's gone forever. It's like going instantly from existence to non existence. In a sense, you're already dead. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

but what causes the physics?

I don't know if we can ever actually know the answer to that question. Everything we know are internal rules to the system, where the universe is the system. Imagine that you're a chess piece. You could have information about every possible move and rule of the game. That information would itself have to be encoded AS rules of chess itself. The problem here is that we are like that. Internal entities in the game. We can know every single rule the universe follows, but anything beyond that would be like the king determining the nuclear binding energy in he SiO2 molecules in the chess board using only the rules of chess. It can't be done. It's outside the game.

I would like to throw some facts into the discussion:

1) People from all kinds of cultures, continents and eras reported religious experiences that are unexplainable by our rational mind, the soul leaving the body being a very common theme.

2) Religion had such a deep impact on all of humanity that people were ready to sacrifice their lifes to spread it, from the earliest Apostels of Christ, to the countless missionaries and monks, to the thousands of people who invested decades of their life to build churches or other works of art to praise their god.

3) There have been countless wars that have been justified by defending the "right" religion during the middle ages and the "renaissance", but wars and the associated brutality did not stop but actually increase in atheistic societies.

4) The most stable empires usually had deep religious roots, like the Holy roman empire or the byzantine empire lasting for thousands of years.

5) Jesus' death and resurrection has been a source of hope for millions of people, and has fundamentally transformed our understanding and our role in society as humans and our relationship to God, because for the first time in recorded religious history has God sacrificed himself for us, and not the other way around.

I'm not going to pretend to outright KNOW the answer, that's why we refer to it as a RELIGION, but I am pretty convinced of the historical accuracy of the bible, and the way it has been written and spread only suggests it was a written account being passed down from generation to generation, and not a work of fiction as many people suggest today. Which leads me to BELIEVE in God and His son Jesus Christ, even though I DO NOT KNOW what actually happened 2000 years ago.

Your body breaks down and you are faced with two choices. Re-incarnation or The Spirit World. Should you choose neither, you can just cease being.

That doesn't make any relevant difference. Obviously the information you get about another person's memories will be slightly different than the initial information of their memories prior to their logging them. But the information in memories is already slightly different from earlier states as time goes by since the event that spawned them, so you're talking about a lack of perfection in externally transmitted memories like it'a an issue when internally maintained memories are imperfect and subject to degradation to begin with.