Which state has the worst BBQ and why is it North Carolina?

Texas BBQ masterrace checking in.

I have had BBQ from all over the South, and I do not understand why North Carolina has the worst BBQ.

What is your opinion about American BBQ?

Other urls found in this thread:

austin.eater.com/2015/3/30/8309059/barbecue-master-aaron-franklin-slams-proposed-city-smoke-limits
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Texas masterrace
We'll see about that. You one of them commies up near Austin? Or one of them Houston jigaboos?

NC vinegar BBQ is the best. Curb that sweet tooth, Foghorn.

MUH BEEF
MUH SALT AND PEPPER

>Kentucky """"BBQ""""

>austin subhuman
>houston katrina rapefugee
Nope. I live in West Texas.

Also for those that don't know about Austin subhumans and BBQ here is a news article that describes why real Texans hate them. There needs to be an answer for the Austin question.
austin.eater.com/2015/3/30/8309059/barbecue-master-aaron-franklin-slams-proposed-city-smoke-limits

No. South Carolina has the best BBQ in every way over North Carolina.

>musTARD and cheese on everything

Nice try kiddo

best

Literally looks like you scrapped your garbage disposal and placed those scraps on top of some crockpot meat nestled between a moldy dollar store bun.

>delecious shredded veggie vinegar coleslaw
>garbage disposal
Fatass detected.

>What is your opinion about American BBQ?

HYUCK! I NEED SOME SUGAR SAUCE ON MAH MEATZ. American BBQ is pig disgusting.

>he thinks all BBQ sauces are sweet

Retard alert

California here. We have the best BBQ.

>hurr I'm retarded
The reason American BBQ dickwaiving is a thing is because it's varies vastly between states and regions. Sweet, sour, tangy, salty, wet and dry.

90% of all American BBQ is smoked meat in corn syrup sauce. Stop denying this. It might not be the only way Americans barbecue but it's the most popular. You are truly a disgusting people.

>itt: amerilards btfo about their corn syrup meat.

Maybe if you're counting shit like McDonalds McRibbs as BBQ or something.

No it's way superior to your NC so called BBQ.

Literally not a BBQ state. What is California BBQ anyways? Tritip and thresher shark?

leave shitposter go to your retard corner

>Attempts to counter with picture
>The picture's preference lists sweetness as nearly universal in the USA

Nice corn syrup, sugar, and honey flavored meat, Amerifat. Disgusting. Amerilards need to emulate Argentinians or some other South American nation that actually knows how to barbecue. Even Aussies do it better.

>Even Aussies do it better.
How are you BBQing with your electric grill?
Protip: throwing a few sausages on an electric grill is not BBQing.

Well obviously Memphis is the best

Fuck off idiot, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about

>amerilards and drenching their BBQ in sugar and corn syrup

Yep, sad really since the traditional BBQ from the hispanics of central and south america never saw a grain of sugar. That's what happens when the 12th fattest nation tries to BBQ. They simply coat it in sugar, lol.

It's all good when it's done right, and if you don't agree with that, then you're just a giant faggot.

Regardless, there's more shitty brisket sold in Texas than there is shitty pork in N.C., because good brisket is harder to find than good pork.

Are you also blazing rectum? Best BBQ sauce ever!

Alabama's BBQ is good, especially at wherever this place is. Although SC has the best and will never be toppled

you should try filipino bbq
not because it's bad or anything, but because the marinating they do with it is way different from what you'd get from most US states.

>the marinating they do with it is way different from what you'd get from most US states.
how so?

I haven't figured it out because these gooks won't tell me shit, but coming from west coast experience the taste you get almost makes it like it's not even bbq at all.

>Texas
>thinking his opinion matters when the national consensus is that North Carolina has the best bbq

Texas has objectively the worst bbq in the entire union - but don't take my word for it, ask anyone over the age of 12 to reminded of how little you know about bbq

>North Carolina not listed
You are not qualified to have an opinion

>implying Missouri doesn't have the best BBQ
We have the widest variety of meats available, and the most balanced barbecue sauce (which any good BBQ place serves on the side so you can enjoy the smoked meat on its own or as saucy as you want it).

Mah negro

Texas is the worst state I've ever visited. BBQ is great though.

I'm an NC bro and it is listed. The arrow is just pointing towards Virginia.

Name another country with good BBQ
>You can't

Dude South American's have the WORST BBQ. I live in South America and they've never even heard of flavor or seasoning. South American BBQ is a joke compared to the US.

Wait is that coleslaw wtf haha

Yes?

Gotta get more o' dat suggah on dat meat!

im from saint louis. we have awesome bbq up here.

All you Texans know is beef. You know fuck-all about dry rubs, sauces, pulled pork, baby backs, whole hog or mutton. I'm not even including chicken or turkey in this, because that's some bush-league kids' menu shit in the barbecue game.

South Carolina mustard sauce on whole hog, checking in.

>cabbage
>vinegar
>carrots
>spices
What did he mean by this?

mah nigga. Georgia checking in. Mustard sauces are objectively the best

Banana ketchup. I'm in the navy and I've asked a few of my Filipino cohorts what's up with their sauces, and banana ketchup is usually involved.

>tfw moved from California to New York

Still no bbq

Everyone circle jerking about nc or Texas bbq but no one has talked about the king of all bbq Memphis bbq

See

>in navy
>talks to Filipinos
Dude you are literally working with the mafia.

Most Aussies use gas or charcoal bbq's, I've literally never seen an electric one

Southfags all REEEing over second place itt

Irs literally garbage disposal scrapings

Topped with couscous and the semen of several black men, of course.

Still, NC barbecue is GOAT. It's only even a competition if we're counting Texas brisket.

South African BBQ > murican

Nah bruh, the worst BBQ is found in states without black people. wisconsin is a bbq wasteland full of KC Masterpiece-drenched bullshit

>Why is north carolina the worst
Not south enough, i suppose.

Braii?

My ex was from NC, and she never shut the fuck up about BBQ, like literally to the point where I broke it off because I was so sick of hearing about how they do everything better in NC.
Also she got fat as fuck and I kinda thought that breaking up with her would depress her enough to lose weight, didn't work she just got fatter.

Fuck North Carolina

>not biased at all

He's an OBSESSED poster that goes into any thread about America and reees because the food isn't whatever pest they find on the street isn't being served with a sauce made of American semen

Ironically I live in kc and rarely see kc masterpiece. When I do see it, it's in a ghetto neighborhood

>tfw you live in Atlanta and the BBQ is really mediocre
>tfw the best BBQ joints here are an out of state style

ITT: Amerilards dump corn syrup on their meatz and call it barbecue

t. numale

kys yurocuck shitstain

Go lay down and die in a shit-filled ditch you waste of oxygen.

At least you guys have strip clubs that serve good food

I bet there are a lot of those in NC
As far as the eye can see...

Heh nice

Korea, Japan, Brazil, Argentina. US BBQ is great but theres plenty of places around the world with their own great BBQ. Get a passport

Dirty greedy obese scum

Canada (when its warm enough to cook outside), Italy, UK (if done by someone good), Turkey, Lebanon, Egypt, Tanzania & Zanzibar, France
t. Relatively untraveled bong

>this is the pinnacle of american """"cuisine""""

I feel like that honor might belong to North Dakota or Iowa or some state like that.

>literally any country on the Balkan peninsula and 100 km north of it

Honey, Texas has the worst barbecue. Everybody knows Tennessee has the best barbecue, though.

I disagree with you, but I am sure we can both agree that north Carolina has the worst.

Texas bbq consists of a big slab of fatty brisket cooked for 20 hours until it's inedible.

Think about how bad NC is if that beats it.
Seems pretty bad desu

these are both wrong

Central Texas bbq is god tier, and the best in the country. East Texas bbq is a little worse but still good

NC bbq is the worst of places that are generally known for their bbq. California, Washington, etc have the worst obviously

Get some rest at nappy time, potty training can be rough for babies like you

YUH MUHM

All of them. USA has worst BBQ. You'll just never know because you'll never get a passport.

>this is what foreign apes actually believe

Nashville, where I live, isn't a traditional barbecue hot spot. But in the last decade we've had several barbecue restaurants with owners from Alabama or Memphis open - and they're often quite good. I love Memphis style dry rub ribs.

PASS THE SUGAR SAUCE MASTAH. I SHO LOVES TO EAT AMERICAN BARBECUE.

Beef and pork that is "pulled" requires the chef not to be a total idiot.

Pulling should be a kind of flaking. Pulling is taken too literally, it can be a part pulling, part chunking with the cleaver, and minimally dressed which is only done so that room temp meat that has cooled to be handled is now brought back to delectable warmth. Because of dry rubbing and basting, smoked meat doesn't require sauce. I also think pulled meat should get a thinner sauce, not thick and zesty. The vinegar cuts the past a touch, and adds balance. But, I've had some delicious meat sauces that bordered on homemade worchestershire-molasses-chili pepper concoctions tdf.
I'm well traveled, and I can nearly guarantee that if you order pulled pork it will be the worst choice in a BBQ restaurant unless you know better. Get the ribs. Get the sliced pork.
If you're not in Texas, or close to it, you might also hrm about ordering the brisket as not the best that BBQ chef can probably create. If you see burnt ends on the menu though, they might make it save to order any damn thing. If the BBQ beans were soaked and not from a can, they'll have a clue. If the cole slaw is not 90% sugar, and it's offered as an option on your slice pork sandwich, it's probably true the cook is making it fresh. They make their own sausage? Oh, that's a good sign. Ask some of these questions and you can almost be sure you can just walk out and go somewhere else.

No no's:
Over chopping
Over saucing
Making it look like cat food dunked in sugary sauce.

Not all BBQ is covered in sugar.

>it's an Ameriboo seeks attention post

Hi Ameriboo!

>like there's any reason to leave the glorious U.S.A.

Hello Colbert.

At least I get my parts without too much trouble. It's amazing. The lingua franca of the US Navy supply corps is Tagalog. I've seen people answer the phone in tagalog. fucking nuts.

Oh yeah I know man. When I reported to my first ship, my department head pulled me aside and gave me a talk about filipinos in the Navy.

>Hey user I know you're prior service in a different branch, so you know not to interfere with enlisted business, but whatever you do don't fuck with the filipinos. They tend to stick together regardless of rank.

Those fuckers saved my ass supplywise so many times.

>Chief: no questions okay sir
>Me: do I need to sign for it man?
>Chief: no, no questions. your division will pass.
>Me: uh yeah sure

I'm not sure how comparing BBQ is going to be measured because each region is specialized for a different cut
>Memphis resident
>Fuck NC

Do Yuros have sweet vinegar or something?