Using your knowledge of philosophy, consciousness, free will, and fate, can you answer the following question

Using your knowledge of philosophy, consciousness, free will, and fate, can you answer the following question.

Who was in the wrong here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=enY3sXZUwBI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Right? Wrong? Griffith is the one with the dick.

He sacrificed his friends for self gain, it's pretty obvious.

I'll start

Griffith should bear little to no moral culpability for his transformation into Femto.

Guts is presented strongly as a nietzschian hero, one for whom the struggle against fate and self determination is paramount.

Griffith however is much closer to kierkegaards' Knight of faith. Griffith has always been absolutely devoted to his dream, and sees the circumstances surrounding his ascent to be more as subtle variations surrounding the direct path destiny has for him. To Griffith, we see that his decision values system is indifferent to the individual circumstances. To Griffith, those who joined his troupe had pledged their lives to him, and in turn said lives were his to do with. To Griffith it makes no functional difference whether or not the soldiers met their end or a battlefield or in the eclipse.

Griffith did nothing wrong

Casca for enjoying it like a slut.

griffith for being such a controlling cunt and flipping out when guts ditched

like he won the 1v1, its not his fault you went and fucked the princess and rekt ur life el em ay oh

Casca for being so easily mindbroken. A fucking embarrassment.

t. Brainlet

nah fuck you, traitors deserve the malice of seven hells

Nice one

Griffith's moral framework is obviously retarded. If everyone decided to betray their closest friends and allies, everyone would be worse off. Nevermind the fact that he rapes Casca because he's gay for Guts and can't have him.

He made it quite clear he didn't view any of them to be his friends.
youtube.com/watch?v=enY3sXZUwBI

Griffith was completely a victim of fate. From the moment the crimson behelit became his he was screwed.

The eclipse was designed to come at him at his weakest moment, when there's no way he could possibly say no.

It's almost like he was a machiavellian, who was saying what he had to the Princess when he was almost certain he was alone.

Seriously how do people not get this? You have to play the court game. Griffith was saying what he had to in order to get inside Charlotte.

They all signed up to help him out with his dream, nothing is out of the deal

Just because he was a victim of fate does not absolve him.
And he could have refused, he just didn't.

We're all victims of fate faggot, Griffith deserves to be cleaved in two by Guts. Nothing more nothing less.

If only Guts would have pounded Griffith's boypussy like he wanted so much, everything would have turned out fine

>Gutsfags
Reminder that Griffith never considered either of the Hawks his friends.

Griffith is a controlling asshole, he would've been a top, and Guts even if he was gay could never handle getting buttfucked after what happened to him

They considered him a friend, even if he didn't feel it he had a responsibility to lead to be honest, fair, and transparent to the band

Fucking morons. The behelit fucks with your destiny much more than standard chance.

Plus the band of the hawk killed like 70% of its team in an effort to get him back, are their lives not worth something too?

Even if you nullify Griffith's agency after the torture, he still had a choice when it came to banging that princess

>responsibility to people you don't consider your equal

wew lad. Please tell me you don't live like this

This is the crucial point really.

They're still people my dude, I have a responsibility to my dog and if I treated him like shit people would rightly call me out as a shitty person for it

But then how far down the rabbit hole do you go?

Decisions have far reaching ramifications. Discounting agency at the time of the eclipse, you then try to pinpoint a point prior to the torture.

You can play that game till the end of time. Griffith would never have fugged the Princess if guts hadn't been such a fag and left in the middle of the night

A pet is not a person and the relationship is not even close no matter how distant two human beings are to each other in status

Exactly, which is why I argue that what Griffith did to the band was a complete ethical failure

>bringing a doggo into it

They make a point of saying the individual members of the hawk were murderers and thieves. Does he have an obligation to them? They're not blameless. The vast majority of them were in it for women, fame, and riches.

Why should thieving, murdering degenerates be defended?

I would view proposing Griffith as a knight of faith completely counter to the exemplars of knight of faith. Perhaps Abraham but even still Abraham became a knight of faith because he chose to lift the knife to sacrifice Isaac. Griffiths sacrifice did not require of him action, a principle of the knight of faith.
His sacrifice wasn't made with the same level of action as those of Abraham, Mary, Jesus or Paul.

Griffith isn't the long arm of the law nor did he ever think of himself as such, there's no due process involved here

I don't disagree with this, but your comparison wasn't very good.

How important is the act of raising the knife?

Barring that he physically couldn't, they still required the catalyst of his words to begin. Is that not similar?

>Griffith doesn't view anyone his friend, unless they are his equal.
>Guts defeats Griffith in duel.
>Griffith upset about this goes on to fuck the princess, damning the Hawks.
>Griffith still does not view Guts as his friend.
>Because Guts is not his equal, but his superior.
>Griffiths actions after are done in hate.
>Guts views Griffith as his friend, and rescues him.
>Guts can view someone lower than him as his friend.
>Griffith was in the wrong and succumbed to fate, while guts defied it.

THERES A BOARD ABOUT THOSE THEMES ALREADY STOP POSTING It here

So this is what passes as literature on Veeky Forums? Ugly cartoons?

This is all there is to it.

So this is what passes as a man? A plucked chicken?

>be Griffith
>gets hot for a dude who kicked my ass
>he wont fuck me wtf
>hes leaving me now too WTF
>fuck a princess in her dad's house
>get caught and tortured
>boytoy breaks me out so i sacrifice everyone to demons

who was wrong indeed

>be guts
>get hot for dude who enslaved me
>overhear him lie to some bitch about how he doesn't like me
>instead of talking to him, I leave in the night, like the edgelord I am
>distraught, my husbando finds solace in Prince Charlotte's puss
>rescue husbando with comrades willing to give their lives
>they do
>Griffith cucks me by making passionate love to my waifu
>wtf his dick was so good waifu can't think straight

REALLY makes you think

nice diogenes v. plato reference. Here's a (You)

nice acknowledgement of the obvious. here's a (you).

kys

this.

Berserk is edgy 15 year old atheist stuff DESU. The idea of God is evil... why? Why is there not a counterpart? Overall it feels just like an excuse to write a nihilistic mess.

Why not? Why does it needs a counterpart?

It doesn't but it's clear it's only there... because. If humans can create their own gods out of their shared wishes, why was only the Idea of Evil created?

>Japan
>Christian values mumbo jumbo

That's self-evident isn't it? You said yourself, it's a nihilistic mess. It took a vision of the world, a certain atmosphere and themes it wanted to convey, and then ran with it.

It's valid to criticize something for being badly written, heavy handed, overly edgy etc etc, but I find strange that you criticize Berserk for being nihilistic...Not everything needs to be balanced, or fair. Besides, these tropes are extremely common in horror literature, see Ligotti, Lovecraft. Kentaro Miura didn't invent or even popularize these things, they are well-established elements.

Golden age arc was excellent, the rest is just "woah so edgy, look at these drawings" which was good till the magician loli joins and it feels like a fantasy book

Precisely.
Honorable mention to Mozgus and his band o merry fellows tho