What are some books, facts, things, etc., that ever well-read person should know?

What are some books, facts, things, etc., that ever well-read person should know?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Individualist_anarchism#Max_Stirner
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The only list you'll ever need.

Jerusalem's that good?

James Joyce was a fart fetishist.

nobody had even read it yet when it made the list.

LOL! Classic Veeky Forums!

>tfw already read the best books
What is the point of reading now?

A well-read man would take the true redpill.

What a shit tier list.

i don't know which one is shittier

Needs more fiction

>Anarchism
> Stirner nowhere to be found
>INTO THE TRASH IT GOES

Who are you quoting?

It says social anarchism
It's a fucking spook

>stirner
>anarchist

Get a load of this haunted-ass motherfucker

Nigger are you stupid
You obviously haven't read Stirner

I've read and understood him, as opposed to merely reading him as you have done, fuckboy.

"Therefore we two, the State and I, are enemies. I, the egoist, have not at heart the welfare of this “human society,” I sacrifice nothing to it, I only utilize it; but to be able to utilize it completely I transform it rather into my property and my creature; i. e., I annihilate it, and form in its place the Union of Egoists."

He was not an "anarchist." He considered the anarchism of e.g. Marx and Bakunin (actual anarchism, i.e. Communism, none of this "anarcho-capitalist" garbage that is so popular today) to be as dangerous and as futile as revolutionary nationalism or republicanism. You don't destroy the State in the same way that you don't destroy God: both are nothing, so they "exist" only to be "annihilated," i.e. made back into nothing. So he would use the State to his ends, and in doing so, further its final dissolution. But it was not his "mission" to overthrow the State, and this mission is the foundation of anarchism.

>What's individualist anarchism?

What a meaningless distinction. Sure he was opposed to classical anarchism. However to say his 'union of egoists' and dissolution of the state are not anarchist because they are egoistic is just stupid.
See en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Individualist_anarchism#Max_Stirner

Oh, but here's a lovely little Wikipedia article that will pass itself off as gospel. But it contradicts itself. In the article, it says, "Stirner does not recommend that the individual try to eliminate the state but simply that they disregard the state when it conflicts with one's autonomous choices and go along with it when doing so is conducive to one's interests."

How is this "anarchism," a belief that the state ought to be abolished? Oh, right, because it's on Wikipedia, it must be so

Not our fault you don't understand Stirner or anarchism.

Nor is it my fault you're so stupid that your opinions are copy-pasted from Wikipedia

Interesting how Moby Dick has the #2 spot, yet it's hardly ever spoken about, especially relative to the other top books

Because that one isn't a meme

Back when the chart was made Moby Dick was discussed a lot

What's so good about Moby Dick is there some underlying wisdom behind the story ?Genuinely curious

Why does she have about eight eyebrows, terrifying image OP.