I'm fat and want to drastically change my diet

last few days I've eaten only a banana for breakfast, carrots, cucumber and celery for lunch and grilled chicken breasts with broccoli for dinner. Also some almonds and a lot of tea. What else can I eat that will help me lose weight and not make me go crazy or break down and quit my diet? I am a candy addict and used to eat a whole large bag of candy each night so am really badly craving sugar, especially before bed, is it ok to make a small fruit smoothie as a dessert? Are eggs ok? What about hummus?

download my fitness pal on ur phone and count calories. the trick to losing weight without excercise is being at a calorie defecit. you should aim to eat between 1200-1500 calories if you're just starting to lose weight.

essentially all foods are okay if you count how much of it your eating. for example, you could still have a lollipop everyday if u eat at a deficit.

careful with almonds
they have a crazy amount of calories for how much you eat

Eat a ketogenic diet, it makes the sugar cravings go away eventually.

This guy is right. Veeky Forums is typically a better place for weight loss advice.

Eggs are actually great.
Don't eat candy. That shit is horrible for you.
There is no food that will help you lose weight.
I don't know how you're making smoothies, so I don't know if it's okay.
Hummus is iffy - how much tahini is in it?

Also, don't post such politically loaded pictures. This isn't the place for it, even if it is incidentally related.

yeah, I have been careful with them and am sticking to around 25 almonds per day.

Get your BMR, eat about 200-300 less than that.
At least try walking to be active for an hour a day, Calories in calories out

how should I make smoothies? I was gonna just blend some frozen berries with a banana and an icecube.

Do keto for two months.

It will dramatically cut down your craving for sugar.

OK I have to admit that is a clever cake

That sounds good to me, might want to add some low fat yoghurt or skimmed milk.

Eggs are cool. I eat a lot of rotisserie chicken and it makes me fill full. Sweet potatoes help satiate my craving for sweets. I Microwave them for 5 minutes and finish by sautéeing them with some onions. Smoothie is fine as long as you don't go overboard and add a bunch of juice or sweetener. Just buy some berries and eat them for sweets. Don't starve yourself too much or you'll burn out. As long as you are at a deficit and stay away from simple sugar and juices and too much fat. Also try intermittent fasting.

In the same boat op. As other anons have said, count calories. Aiming for 600 calories a meal is surprisingly, not hard, if you eat the right things.

My problem is satiety, i'll eat and then be hungry again 2 hrs later. And then at the end of the day i've used up my calories and i'm starving. From what I understand this goes away gradually though.

my tips:

Avoid Pasta and breads if you can. Pretty much empty calories

Chicken and Fish are your friends

Canned sardines are great, high protien, low cal. Always aim for high protien, low cal. The central part of your meal should be at LEAST 12 grams of protien

Same for low cal greek yogurt. I get oikos absolute zero, that shit hits my stomach like a brick, great satiety for the calories.

Drink 2 glasses of water 30 minutes before every meal

My daily packed lunch will look something like this:

>Some central component, like a mini chicken salad kid, a little rave wrap, a tin of canned sardines, etc.

>Tupperware of Fruit: Surprisingly for how sweet it is, fruit is really really low in calories, especially strawberries and grapes and cherries and shit. Go nuts with the fruit, good for filling up

>2 sticks of string cheese (light is better, but w/e)

>1 cup of oikos absolute zero greek yogurt (despite the name, it is NOT 0 cal)

>Clear American sparkling flavored water

This comes out to about 550-600 calories, and is filling. The problem I have, again, is i'm hungry again in 2 fucking hours. I probably need to chug more water. If you want shit thats low cal to munch on, fruit, celery, carrots (no dip), pickles are fucking great, etc.

PS: Because I work at a hotel, I get to nab 'breakfast' as my dinner before I leave (i work nights)

2 hard boiled eggs

1 bannana

1 cup of raisin bran

1 half pint of 2% milk

This again is 550-600 calories, nice and filling. But i'm hungry again in 2-3 hours, so i'm at home, it's 9 am, and i'm starving and I have to go to bed in 3 hrs. Fortunately sleeping on an empty stomach is easier than you'd think, just drink some water and settle in. Lasting those last 3 hrs without snacking is what's killing me

OH: and I set aside a day - generally my 2nd day off - as a cheat day where I just eat what the fuck ever

We can do it user. Thanks for your suggestions. I'm trying to do no bread or pasta at all. I'm thinking it would be good to get rid of dairy too but that might be too drastic. I've been hungry as hell too but also have more energy than when I'd down a whole sack of gummi bears and a pizza in one night.

How about this raw apple cider vinegar? My friend swears by it, but is it just a meme?

If I drastically cut protein can I lose muscle while still working the muscles I want to lose? Don't ask

I've been shoving raw spinach in my mouth as a snack, I absolutely hate it but it's low cal and comes pre processed so I can eat huge amounts of it easily in the car

Any other snack recs like this?

What you eat matters less than calorie counting AND PORTION CONTROL. It's approximately a 3500 calorie deficit to lose a pound of fat. Figure out what your passive daily caloric usage is (tons of resources, google it on your own), then base your daily calorie limit on that.

Example: My daily required calories is 1500. I consume only 1000 calories a day. Over the course of one week, I will lose 1 pound of fat passively (500 calorie daily deficit * 7 days = 3500 calories).

Losing weight too fast can imbalance the electrolytes in your body and KILL you, so don't go gung-ho on it, make moderate changes over a period of time. Also, make sure you're getting a balanced mix of minerals/nutrients daily. Candy/soda/junk food is a 100% no-no, period, as it is empty calories and does *not* make you feel full. If you need sweets, eat fruit in moderation. Part of dieting is impulse control and discipline. It's way fuckin harder to manage that than it is walk 10 miles a day, lift weights, and exercise. Also note, that losing fat without toning your body through exercise and muscle gain results in flappy skin, which is just "Ew".

>Avoid Pasta
What about pic?
>and breads
Fuck I eat way too much of that shit

Forgot the picture

I feel too ashamed to go to the gym but walk an hour a day.

Don't follow advice, keto is a meme.

>What else can I eat that will help me lose weight and not make me go crazy or break down and quit my diet?

man the fuck up fattie. you don't lose weight by eating more, you lose weight by eating less. go drink glasses of water until you are full and fuck off.

Why would that make a difference? It's still nothing but simple carbs

Don't starve yourself, it slows your metabolism and actually makes it harder to lose weight.

Quit the candy, in fact quit most sugar. It's borderline poison.

Don't eat within 2 hours of sleeping.

Go outside. Seriously. I don't care what you do but go out there and move around.

I'm not suggesting to avoid breads cause of keto nonsense, just simply that it's very high in calories for not a lot of food - it's devoid of most other forms of nutrition. It's basically pure energy, and in that regard very efficient. But unless you're needing the calories because you have a very active life - and if you're overweight in the first place, this is unlikely - it's excess energy for you
At some low fat greek yogurt for extra protein, makes it a complete meal.
Anything that purports to affect your metabolism is bro-science. Not sure if it has use as an appetite supressant, I suppose mixing a spoonfull of it with a glass of water couldn't hurt (taste nasty though).

It's calories in, calories out. Simple math. If you have an average, sedentary life, with a sedentary job, and sleep 8 hours a day? You'll burn 1500 cals a day on day to day activities. That's why most recommend a 1600-1800 cal diet and an hour of light aerobic exercise, which will burn ~400 cals depending what you do. At the end of a 24 hr period that puts you at a slight calorie deficit - aka, WEIGHT LOSS.

Hey man, im doing fasting and going to the gym for about 45 mins to an hour. Im 258 pounds and im working on it. No one is gonna give you shit. If anything, you should feel good about trying to make yourself better. Get healthy and lose weight for yourself, fuck what other people think. I see fat people all the time in the gym and I aint got nothing but respect for them. They are trying to change themselves, me included. Go to the gym, lift, get gains, lose the pounds, fuck some bitches.

So a lot of stuff about calories in < calories out have been covered ITT.

I can tell you: You will always feel hungry, there is no trick to changing that.

What you can do is change the way you think about hunger; for me it helped a lot to think that the feeling is just my calories burning away, like a wound getting itchy when it is healing or something.

Also, drinking water, tea or coffee is a short-time fix (helped for a couple minutes at best).

Being hungry sucks but you can sorta get used to it

hey fat gym guys here's something. I don't give people like you any shit but I do find you annoying not because you're fat, but because you (by which I mean big fat out of shape guys) seem to be more out of touch than most (perhaps in a tie with women who go to the gym as a group social event) when it comes to etiquette

things that annoy gym rat types:

1. smell. take a shower before you go to the gym, use soap, soap in all the crevices, scrub. use a rag on a stick or something, not really sure. then rinse. wear clean gym clothes every time. it may help to buy a week's worth of cheap gym clothes, places like TJ max are good for this. deodorant is good, but not spray deodorant, and not axe or anything heavily scented

2. spraying heavy quantities of spray deodorant in the locker room. I dunno what it is with fat people and spray deodorant, they love it, and they spray it all over themselves, choking out everyone within a 30 foot radius. please take a shower instead.

3. really that's all I care about. yeah there are the gym newbie "mistakes" when it comes to supersetting or leaving weights scattered or whatever. I don't give a shit. some people do, but none of that applies to fat people specifically. just keep the smell under control and we're good.

people who appreciate fitness are going to go out of their way to avoid making you feel uncomfortable, but this smell and deodorant thing is one area that really grinds my gears. I want to say something because it's really suffering sometimes when a fat guy walks in with a cloud of BO, or a cloud of Axe, or a cloud of Axe + BO, but I know you'll give up anyway in 2 weeks and stop going, not that I want you to stop but that's ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS what happens, and I don't want to be in any way morally responsible for that.

oh and BTW it may not be BO per se, BO has a particular smell and "fat people gym" smell is different. I really don't know what it is, but it smells really wrong.

my guess is it's failure to exfoliate (maybe because flexibility issues, or ignorance of stuff like loofahs, or, maybe flesh folds holding nasty rotten skin/sweat/cheese. or some combination thereof).

anyway, hopefully with this information you can avoid snide comments from someone IRL and thereby maintain your routine until actually fit. please don't take this personally I am only trying to inform

you could have phrased this way less douchey but still got your point across.

>Also, don't post such politically loaded pictures. This isn't the place for it, even if it is incidentally related.

Gtfo

>Veeky Forums is typically a better place for weight loss advice.
not since it has been overrun by /pol/ and /r9k/ which has been the case for two years now.
Don't make smoothies. It's easy to go overboard with your calories.Stick to simple meals.

Try adding beans, healthier carbs, or oats to your diet.

I started dieting about 1 1/2 months ago. I have been intermittent fasting. So I only eat between 12pm and 8pm. I am on a 1200 calorie per day diet with my fitness pal, and I do fasted work outs about 3 times a week. I also drink three liters of water from the time I wake up to the time I break fast.

I am struggling with even making it to 1200 calories by 8pm. Typically, I have two big meals, and thats all my stomach can take without feel disgusting and full.

First meal:
3 scrambled eggs with spinach
homemade steel cut oats with dates
(typically lands me at about 400 cal)

Second meal:
One chicken breast or two fillets of fish
Sweet potato
Black beans
Vegetables.
(typically 500 cal)

After this, I can't even stuff my face any fuller without getting sick. Idk if its the fasting, but I am losing weight (down 12 pounds) and I do feel healthy, not faint or ill, so I am continuing this.

don't eat any fat and walk every day, and don't snack, and eat only twice a day. that should do it.

If you want to lose weight then all you have to do is count calories and eat less then your tdee. Take vitamins and try to eat more protein to preserve your muscle mass. Eating your calories in chicken and vegetables will at least help you not feel like shit though

>diet
>9 matches
>lifestyle change
>0 matches
Y'all niggers giving OP the wrong idea. Getting unfat doesn't need "dieting." Dieting implies OP is going to eat per the Veeky Forums sticky
>implying he'll read it
then once he loses a few pounds he will JUST himself back to obesity by going back to his old eating habits.
UNJUSTING your fat self requires a permanent change in how you look at food for starters.
>don't eat any fat
>walk every day
0/10

Don't think of it as a diet. Think of it as "this is the way I eat now." Eating like the way you are will make you go off the rails if you do it for long enough. Learning to cook will help you eat healthier by giving you more healthy options.

Eggs are great and so is hummus if you like to eat them. Couple of over-easy eggs on some brown rice is an easy meal to make and it will help you feel satiated.

A palm full of blueberries is a decent snack. Actually eating almost any fruit at night about an hour before bed won't harm you and will help with the cravings. Think of it as something to look forward to.

Also non-starchy veggies are great way to feel full as long as they aren't covered in high calorie sauces and cheese. Asparagus, Broccoli, Cabbage, Tomatoes, Squash, etc.

This for /fit and smoothies. At least for now.

Get myfitnesspal. Log calories autistically (oil in pan, milk in coffee - weigh and measure EVERYTHING). Start with a small deficit (500kcal) and build up. Work on replacing habits like cutting out the candy will help you keep the weight off long term