Liver

Thoughts?

Delicious.

it's a shame people don't eat it as much as they used to, it's one of the most nutritious parts of an animal

a lot of people can't seem to stomach offal though

Underrated, but make sure to let it sit in the fridge overnight in a bowl of milk.
You will be grateful when you take it out the next day and see the disgusting stuff that it left behind that you will no longer have to eat

Never had it, willing to try it but never remember to pick it up.

If its deep fried fuck yeah.

I think mine is dying

Old people fucking love fried chicken livers, and both of them suck, because chicken livers spit grease all over the place, and some old fucking grandpa that isn't going to tip the hot server girl you're trying to fuck is the only one that orders them.

Cook trying to fuck the hot server perspective: fuck chicken livers. They piss me off, and they're only ordered by some dusty old fart that pisses off the girls I'm trying to fuck.

I put chicken livers in dirty rice.

I'd like to try it, but have never bothered to look into picking any up. Both my parents and grandparents say it sucks but only my mom can cook worth a shit and she's never cooked it.

I might ask my local butcher if he has any recommendations and try it eventually.

Just wash your rice you filthy animal

So fucking good no matter how it's prepared

Don't you tell me how to live my life

First thing I craved when I started eating meat again.

You mean to tell me milk dissolves the entire thing?
Amazing

It's delicious

vomit-inducing
but I've never tried it fried

on the other hand, liverwurst is fantastic

If you use calf liver this isn't necessary. I'd still do it for regular beef liver though.

Why the fuck would I waste my milk making that shit?

Want the best burger patties ever? Add a little liver to the beef mince

My guests love it but I don't tell them what it is

liver and onions is dank

Click on this thread to post this

'Lambs fry' as we call it here is like the best, most tender, most delicate steak you've ever had

>waste milk
How fucking poor are you?

ftftftftftft

can't stand it, if I'm even in the vicinity of cows liver being cooked I get nauseous and eating any will instantly trigger a gag-reflex. It's probably the only food I literally cannot eat. Maybe this is worth trying though.

I have never been served liver that tasted good. It was either boiled or roasted until it was basically rubber.

Liver and onions best shit ever. Especially if you can make that gravy with it.

Uma delicia

I challenge anyone who has had the old beef liver from a grocery and thinks they don't like liver to try fresh venison liver cut from the abdomen and eaten the day of the kill. Sauteed to medium rare in a bit of butter it is firm and almost sweet.

beef liver is the shit,Chicken liver is shit.

If it's overcooked it's got one of the worst textures imaginable. Granular shoeleather. Cooked well though, it's like a cross between meat and fat

That stems from the method rather than the liver. You should try it pan fried. You're really missing out.

>pic unrelated
My Mom used to make liver and onions with bacon every week. She would fry up some bacon in her big cast iron skillet, and use the grease to fry the liver, and sautee the onions. She would always make mashed potatoes and pan gravy, and some canned vegetable like peas, or green beans. I make my version of her recipe every once in a while, but I like a fresh vegetable like brussels sprouts or collard greens on the side.

>Thoughts?
Calf liver is great if not overcooked. Pan fry, serve with a nice sauce with plenty of cream in it.
There's an awesome Hungarian recipe for smoked goose liver. If it wasn't so expensive, I'd have made a spectacle of myself with it.
Pork and chicken livers both make great pate. I wouldn't mix 'em in the one dish, but both do good things.

IMPORTANT! Do not overcook liver. Makes it nasty, like eating weird rubber.

Tried to like it, just don't like the taste.

I like liver and onions, but never cooked it myself. How much does it cost per pound usually?