Give me ONE good reason why death isn't the ultimate freedom? Upon death, you will no longer experience pain, suffering...

Give me ONE good reason why death isn't the ultimate freedom? Upon death, you will no longer experience pain, suffering, boredom, or anything for that matter. You will be rewarded with ultimate blissful peace and freedom from everything.

>You will be rewarded with ultimate blissful peace and freedom from everything.
Too bad you won't be there to accept the award

You won't need to. It's automatic upon death.

> based frogposter

Freedom is the amount of possibilities and choices you have. You have none when you are dead.

True freedom is a state of (un)being wherein you are no longer crushed by your biology or social structure. Everything else is slavery.

You can't be rewarded anything if there is no you

The word wasn't meant literally autist. Heard of metaphors? The reward is inexperience of everything. Complete nothingness. The complete lack of ego, instinct, impulse, emotion, everything.

What if hell is real and everyone goes to hell after death?

You first need to proof the existence of your particular God for that to have any substance. The only plausible and evidence based explanation is complete lack of existence after death.

>evidence based
How can you prove that someone stopped existing after death. Literally impossible

It's also freedom from life, joy, happiness and all the good things in life. I'll take my chances, and embrace death when it comes. But life is better, with its oscillations.

By asking the question "what's more likely?".

Ok then, assign probabilities to the different possibilities.

You can go look at the arguments and evidence yourself. It's not a new debate.

Indeed, and the conclusion is that no one knows which is more likely.

I still fail to see how you can that reward if you don't experience one second of it.

freedom means a lack of restraint.

being dead you can't do anything.

so it is ultimate restraint, ultimate anti-freedom.

The whole benefit comes from not experiencing anything my friend.
One explanation relies on the supernatural and the others on biology and chemistry. Can you also not conclude the distinction between astrology and astronomy?

Because if it were you would have killed yourself already.

Why should I consider the opinion of science in higher regard when concerned with the matters of the afterlife when it can't even define consciousness?

Death is the end. All words lose their meaning for someone who does not exist.

Has there really never been anyone who has been resuscitated after a at least mildly prolonged death?

freedom from want is the greatest freedom. mere survival is not enough, people need warm bellies, jolly songs and good fucks to be happy.

Because trivial solutions never lead to enlightenment, I disagree.

There has, and their experiences say more about their beliefs than they do about death. You will see what you want to see during death, it is your brains way of coping with the fact that its over. Christians will see heaven, hindus will see themselves in the process of reincarnation, muslims will see whatever the fuck they believe in, and then all brain activity stops. After that point, everyone sees nothing forever, any experiences that indicate otherwise are just memories made during the near death state.

Because you're also restricted from doing anything.

If there's one statistical improbability, it's that ""nothing"" happens after your death. You don't know shit OP.

Death is liberation, yes. But liberty amounts to nothing without contrasted responsibility. This is because liberty opens the door but your response, your dutiful and conscientious reaction, is what moves you through. In death you have no means to respond, leaving you impotent vis a vis your freedom.

It's easy, if you are alive you have the choice of killing yourself but you can't come back once you are gone, you don't have a choice, there's no freedom in that.

>there has to be a god for there to be a hell

how does it feel to be a ignorant brainlet

>people thinking they can answer philosophical questions with scciennssse

You already know the answer OP; just ask yourself why you haven't finished the job already.

>everyone sees nothing forever
How do you know that? You don't. You're assuming that's what death is and confirming it through your experiences, but it doesn't hold up under scrutiny. So, go die for us, come back, and tell us about the eternal nothingness.

I agree that it's very likely, but I don't go around saying "I'll die and be gone forever." Anyone who does would probably fit comfortably into a priest's clothes as well.

I'm implying the idea that there's perhaps much more to know about life, utilizing the history of man to feed my point that we may very well still be in the dark with much to learn. Give it 200,000 years and what's death then? "Blackness forever, bro." Will that be the general consensus?
It's possible but I doubt we'll be thinking in those terms. Meh. No one knows shit 'bout death. This thread sucks a fat one.

I'm listening to Shakira "Whenever, Wherever" RIGHT NOW OP and when I'm dead I can't listen to this song anymore.

Something that doesn't exist in the manner we can presently know as existence, if at all, cannot be free. Freedom is relative and requires contrast, contrast requires existence.

If there is a "you" to be spoken of after death, nothing can really be inferred about its nature or the logic it is bound by.

So no, death is not freedom. It is just an end.

>life, joy, happiness and all the good things in life

huhhhhhh where are those

Freedom implies you'll get something you didn't have. Death doesn't give you anything, it only takes.

>Death doesn't give you anything

eternal peace