Scientifically speaking, is it actually possible to make bullets curve provided I can move my arm fast enough?

Scientifically speaking, is it actually possible to make bullets curve provided I can move my arm fast enough?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5vZ4lCKv1ik
twitter.com/AnonBabble

All bullets curve...

Downward as they accelerate due to gravity.

If you want to get technical this.

To answer the question as you were hoping: No, and you are retarded for thinking the answer could be anything else.

No

youtube.com/watch?v=5vZ4lCKv1ik

I mean with my arm, smartass. Like putting spin on a baseball.

If you could manage to fling a bullet sideways the magnus effect could curve its path a little bit. I guess.

Yes, if you use a bullet that was designed to tumble.

If you'd use a non-rifled musket with an undersized, round projectile you could put a spin on the projectile by moving the musket. So, theoretically it's possible.

Looking at it in terms of newton's laws, the only forces on the bullet after it's left the chamber are air resistance and gravity, so it's only "curvature" should be downwards. Swinging your arm would give the bullet's path a diagonal offset in the direction of the swing, but not by much given how fast a bullet goes relative to your swing.

Yes, but it's impossible to swing your arm fast enough for it to have any noticeable impact

Are you literally retarded? Air resistance and magnus force play a very significant role. That being said, OP is retarded as well.

Yes it is possible no argument about that
It just that you as a human being
would have move your arm with enough force to move the bullet which is moving close to if not beyond the speed of sound .

If anyone could do that, they would just walk up to the target and hit them.

>the only forces on the bullet after it's left the chamber are air resistance and gravity
By that logic, it should move straight downwards

Someone didn't study physics in primary school.

Are they actually retarded? that target is on top of them. The variance in hole size could actually make measuring this very hard. You'd want to shoot like 100 yards or something. Then any curve would be easy to measure.

It might be really really small so you have to have a long range to multiply the effect. They are shooting point blank range, why even bother?

>momentum is not a force
Your kindergarten physics prof should be fired

think of the ancient style sling shot. The kind with rock in a pouch on a long rope you swung around your head. Do those curve when they're let go?

The flatline paint-ball barrel is like this. It's non-rifles barrel with teeth/texture on the top/inside of the barrel. It puts an upward spin giving the paintball more range, BUT if you tilt paintball gun sideways the paintball will curve towards the direction it's tilted.

>They are shooting point blank range, why even bother?
Because they shoot at similar ranges in the movie.

It only curves down

For the bullet to curve, you need a constant force "pushing" orthogonal along the path. But once the bullet leaves the gun the only force working on it is the momentum left from your arm movement and of course the gun itself.
TLDR:
won't curve but moves diagonally.

mfw you're adorable

Yeah, if you could swing your arm at 500 mph.

/thread.

Please.