Where is the best place to study theoretical Physics, Veeky Forums?

Where is the best place to study theoretical Physics, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Course_of_Theoretical_Physics
youtube.com/watch?v=6ZD4Q7Afb8A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

China

Veeky Forums.org

Rick and Morty

My moms basement

hell

"To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand."

A book.

On here m8

at home.

EU=good
africa=bad
asia=no english
america=too much thugs and fat people

Continental Europe and the US if you are rich.

On YouTube

I really mean it , all the knowledge I have in quantum mechanics and all modern physics comes from YouTube and Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Course_of_Theoretical_Physics

Just don’t rush into it, you need to get the knowledge over time, you just search something here and there...
And, like me, if you take just some minutes a day to search a little bit about the subject I can assure you will learn A LOT

shut up

When you finally fell confident about it, you can expand to some audiobooks to learn even more, I recommend you use that 30-day free trial from audible so that you can get a look at some good books , the first audiobook that I listened when I got pretty good at theoretical physics was : “Reality is Not What It Seems : Journey to Quantum Gravity” , wich is a REALLY good book

Of course to can choose your own path , but what I’m trying to show is that you can learn a lot from only the internet

The place where most physicists inevitably end up: the unemployment line.

and what are you studying faggot? nursing? Suck my cock

I have a PhD in pyhsics and I don't know good youtube channels or wikipedia article that have an introduction that makes learning physics from it approachable. Maybe if you have to solve a concrete problem, you can learn some math by babystepping yourself through Wikipedia, but other than that I don't think you can get a solid grasp of what's out there.

McGill

Harvard

youtube.com/watch?v=6ZD4Q7Afb8A

Engineering >>>> Physics

Reeeeeeeeee

hehe kiddo
>tips maple syrup

Kys you can't learn theoretical physics from literal pop-sci bullshit written to scam undergraduates, high schoolers, and cranks everywhere. Read Peskin and Schroeder and do the exercises and if you can't even do that you definitely don't have what it takes.

yeah if you want to be french af, uwoo is better for phys on account of PI being right fucking there although you trade the quebec fgts for asians

McGill is an english school you brainlets.
And the surrounding area of Montreal is english too.

McGill is English as hell. I'm not sure how it is for theoretical physics though.

Anyone know what Concordia's physics/math is like?

t. Montrealer

concordia is a pretty garbage school all around honestly. only good thing was their co-op programs in engineering but McGill has more and more of those now

On the subject, what's the best place to study Hydrodynamics?

EU. Swiss, Germany, Austria and Singapore.

True. Engineers can grasp everything a physics cocksucker can while being able to turn knowledge into practical application (depending on the specialization).

Is it hard to get into McGill mathematics? I'm going to need to go to one or the other if I want to stay close to home.

from where?

This.

this is me

McGill

test

Phd or undergrad?

Undergrad (in order to get a solid math foundation)

Frederic Schuller

engineering brainlet race

by a dumpster, while you collect your food and regret having studied theoretical physics

>go to EU
>try to study theoretical physics
>get run over by a peaceful migrant
>corpse gets decapitated and desecrated by the unfortunate migrant's peace-loving familiars
i'll take fatties over muzzies any day

>Engineers can grasp everything a physics cocksucker can while being able to turn knowledge into practical application
lel (i got a Master in engineering)

I had an internship when I was in high school with a physics professor at a nearby STEM school and part of my work was TAing for his intro physics 1 class, filled entirely with engineering students. They couldn't understand fucking any of it, and it was less material than we had already covered in AP physics when I was 16.
My favorite moment was a lecture where we went over some example problems that required free body diagrams. This was after we'd already been working on them for about two weeks, I think he was helping them review for the test. He asked the class what trig function returned 1 at 0 degrees and 0 at 90 degrees.
One student shouted "gravity," and got told no.
Another student thought this student was correct but was told he was wrong for not raising his hand, so he raised his, got called on, and said "gravity" again.
Another student raised his hand and said "up."
The professor just had to do the entire problem for them.

It depends, do you want to actually understand it, or are you just interested in the concepts behind it?

I spent a couple years learning about particle physics which easily transitioned into theoretical physics but I was only learning about the concepts, not the hard math, if you want to do it like that I'd just recommend reading a lot of books on the subject from different authors.

UC Berkeley.

No joke they have one of the best theoretical math/physics dept's in the world.

by yourself