Tfw absolutely getting my ass handed to me in a PDE course

>tfw absolutely getting my ass handed to me in a PDE course

Other urls found in this thread:

books.google.com/books/about/Partial_Differential_Equations_for_Scien.html?id=VsK_31_j0XgC&printsec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button#v=onepage&q&f=false
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

implying anyone on this board can do anything besides PEMDAS

Just use the inverse scattering transform.

>he fell for the STEM meme

PDE is a meme anyway, didn't take it in undergrad

this happened to me last year. Made friends with some autists who actually understood the material and escaped with a C

as u should be
pde is 300k starting

How can anyone pass an advanced math course without fully understanding the material? How can anyone even run the risk of going into that kind of a class unprepared? I'd be shitting bricks every day if that were me.

What are the pre-requisites for PDE?

Severe autism

tf currently getting my ass served to me on a Turing Machine thanks to DFA proofs and classes in a logic course

To be fair, you have to have a really high IQ to understand PDEs?

>How can anyone pass an advanced math course without fully understanding the material?

I'd dare to claim that even for basic courses, most people don't "fully understand" all of the stuff when they're fresh off the course, even if they did really well on those courses. Totally projecting here btw.

For example, I still find myself returning to basic analysis shit and noticing that I hadn't truly understood/appreciated some of the finer details back when I first went through that shit. Happens all the time. Maybe I'm just a brainlet though.

that shit is fucking easy dood you got it

Maybe if you're a dumbass pleb pde's are hard, just to let you know OP i never took notes in that class or did the homework and passed with an A.

P H E N O T Y P E

H

E

N

O

T

Y

P

E

Depends if you want to do like Engineering PDE or actual PDE.

Actual PDE

Ordinary differential equations, linear algebra, multivariable calculus/calculus 3

Then general results in functional analysis and measure theory.

The appendix of Evans' PDE is decent list of what you need to know.

Try Farlow's PDE book, it essentially outlines when and how to use the standard PDE techniques (analytic and numerical) in a digestible manner. Here's the table of contents so you can see the organization
books.google.com/books/about/Partial_Differential_Equations_for_Scien.html?id=VsK_31_j0XgC&printsec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button#v=onepage&q&f=false

>For Scientists and Engineers

disgusting

>disgusting
I studied that book entirely during the winter break before my first pde's course, and i guess what?

Out of 100 people me and 8 others were the only ones that actually understood what was going on in that class, that book is a godsend

What are you having trouble with OP?

>for engineers
dropped>I still find myself returning to basic analysis shit and noticing that I hadn't truly understood/appreciated some of the finer details
same here user

Fucking brainlet, PDE is EZ af.
A Green's theorem here, one there, and you're done.

did you try studying until you understand it?

>Judging a book by it's name and not it content
It's just called that because it's so easy that even an engineer can use it.

Exactly. If it is so easy an engineer could do it, then its not teaching any theory. Its teaching a grab bag of techniques to solve basic PDEs.

see

>PDE's are easy

How to detect a brainlet

>it's another meth heads think engineers are stupid episode

I passed because I understood enough of the basics to pass the final. I hadn't mastered the material. Most of the problem was that I got in a accident and had a traumatic brain injury and missed a lot of classes.

cucksucker detected

Thanks this actually looks really helpful

Thats all you need to do PDEs in every university in the states, i bet you're one of those types of unrealistic faggots who actually reccomends people to learn complex/real/functional analysis before taking calculus.

pde's are hard, how is it that Veeky Forums breezes through pde's, is everyone here really the next newton or some shit?

Not a for a real PDE course. Thats what you need for a "PDE for Scientists and Engineers" course.

>tfw CCs don't offer PDE even though I meet all the requirements

this is very true

Nope the course is based on Evans big boi

Veeky Forums lies

>class requires you to write complex proofs
>immediately feel like a brainlet

I wouldn't be disappointed by that. A PDE class is just memorizing shit that you'll have forgotten after a month.

stop taking brainlet PDE classes

brainlet detected

Mathematics is all understanding... there are no shortcuts... have someone who really understands the material explain it to you. It is NOT hard once you understand it... the hard part is getting that "aha moment"

same for me but it's a first course in algebraic topology

i hate hatcher's book because he hides half the content in paragraphs of exposition, some containing the main point of the section and others being totally superfluous but then also having separate theorems and lemmas.

but also we covered all of fundamental groups and covering spaces in a bit over a month with unhelpful lectures that skipped parts of the material

so i'm not too mad

So you're looking for alternatives to Evan's book?

Hatcher sucks. Buy May's Concise Course.

Jesus and u still passed? Kudos man

I fucking hate hatcher's treatment of cohomology

Hatcher's treatment of everything is bad

>>tfw absolutely getting my ass handed to me in a PDE course
but thats good it means you can learn alot! just sit on your ass and study!

>pde is 300k starting
kek

>What are the pre-requisites for PDE?
from the look of the books:
everything :(

all pure math is 300k starting

>implying he's worth 300k