youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

more like pipe shit

T H E C A T H A S Y O U R P I P E

this is not a pipe strip

Now where could my pipe strip be?

Finnegans Wake

Sartre's War Journals

The pipe strip is literature. Avantgarde literature to be precise.

Fabulae. What amounts to the book reports of a high-school shitter which we now have to interpret the fuck out of because it's some of the best records of mythology that we've got.

The Song of Songs, from the bible. It has the same complexity of the strip and the same obsessive search for meaning by theologians. The only difference is that the strip is a meme

What is the forced meme of literature. The tunnel?

>What is the forced meme of literature

That's not a forced meme though. I read that book years before ever coming here.

Honestly?

Tristram Shandy.

Paradise Lost

This thread.

Heathcliff

This

META
ETA
TA
A

youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw

why

why not?

Heh

>Veeky Forums!!

Warriors series

Hey OP what viral marketing firm do you work for? I'm going to need to hire one when I ship my app, and I find your posts fairly tasteful and not too forced.

can someone please explain how this is supposed to be funny in any fucking way, it's so confusing. how can a 3 page panel comic artist be so fucking hacky

see T H E C A T H A S Y O U R P I P E

omg..........

That's why they have to pay a guy to post it on lit everyday, cuz it's stupid.

>comics
>avant-garde
Do you live in the 1960s?

The guy who created that comic taught a class at some uni starting fall 2016, so clearly there is some marketing push to make Garfield appear high brow, maybe the company that controls the Garfield intellectual property did some market research and found that having professors post comics on their door increases overall readership and merch sales by x amount. walk through your departments offices, you'll see a lot of farside, some matt groening, and a dilbert or two, you will not see any Garfield...UNTIL NOW, Paws Inc. has decided to expand into the academic market!

You're looking at a piece of prolapsed art. Read Garfield, then Garfield minus Garfield, then read about the author, then go to lasagna cat's channel, then to the forums discussing Garfield.
The whole set is an evolving hyper-intertextual art piece without the consent of its original author. Welcome to the future.

>The whole set is an evolving hyper-intertextual art piece without the consent of its original author. Welcome to the future.

>Implying it isn't all viral marketing

doh hoho do u think we just started memeing yesterday?

I meant comics are literature, and have been regarded as such since the 1960s (although full legitimation only came in the 1990, at least in Europe).

on the other hand I'm glad to see american cartoons and animation pushing back against all this god awful japanese bullshit that gets plastered all over the fucking internet...extra props to that dude who made a vaporwave youtube channel using simpsons clips instead queer anime bullshit

I'm not sure, Davis is quite ridiculed throughout all this.

Unironically the Iliad. The entire history of Greek literature is basically the Lasagna Cat video, except instead of an hour it lasted a thousand years.

an art form only fully becomes literature when someone makes a piece about the six gorillion amirite? mau5 totally shows that comics CAN be art! before that it was just fantasy stuff for young boys, but once the story of the six goril got told in comic form, it's time as serious art had at last arrived!

I had Tintin in mind, rather than Maus (which is good but not the masterpiece it is said to be).
Tintin began getting "legitimate" recognition around the 1960s, and by then some critics and academics were not afraid to use the word literature.

the only time tintin is used by academics is in a post-colonial class to show what a bunch of dicks the belgians were, no one considers that shit literature

Europe, a different world.

A forced meme revolving around how Garfield is unfunny but ironically pretending that it isn't.

You asked what is the forced meme of literature not what is the forced meme of Veeky Forums

what the fuck

Just think, university students a century from now will be studying Garfield in their American Literature classes. Its genius is already being recognized. Jim Davis will soon be part of the Western canon...

Jon is looking for his pipe, but it's not there, because Garfield has the pipe. The cat is smoking his pipe. It's pretty self-explanatory