The German word for passion is "Leidenschaft"

The German word for passion is "Leidenschaft".
"Das ist meine Leidenschaft" means "This is my passion", however literally translated it means "This makes me suffer".

I'm searching for books about passion, "Leidenschaft" - but no love stories.
It should be about someone pursuing something so badly that it drives them crazy,
something like Stefan Zweigs short story The Royal Game.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Passion means suffering in English as well.

e.g. The Passion of the Christ

That's good to know, thank you.

>"Das ist meine Leidenschaft" means "This is my passion", however literally translated it means "This makes me suffer"
No, it doesn't.

Und fang jetzt bitte nicht an über Etymologie daherzulabern.

Ein freundlicher und kluger Kommentar, vielen Dank dafür!

Try Stefan Zweigs book on N, holderlin and kleist
Zweig's Amok is decent too

>Das ist meine
kek

La morte amoureuse by Gautier is a pretty well known short story and it has a femme fatale theme.

El tunel (the tunnel) by Sabato

Germans don't have passion anymore. It was bled out of them. Now they're skinny little twinks who are scared of each other (and especially of other, non-pussified people) in public.

If you go to Germany, at least outside Bavaria, you can literally just order Germans around. Just stand tall and don't hunch your shoulders like you're fearing a beating, and they will instantly detect that you still have your virility and obey you out of fear of reprisal. I go on vacation to Germany once a year or so, and within an hour of arriving at the airport I have a train of German "men" carrying my bags and opening doors for me because I made a scary face at them.

Germans are the most pathetic people on Earth.

>Germans are the most pathetic people on Earth.

Only part of your post that's true.

>The Tunnel by Sabato

That looks great. So far I've only read Borges, I'm eager to read more south-american literature.

Thanks

Well memed sir

Try Herman Hesse. not the greatest author ever but might be up your alley.

>I have a train of German "men" carrying my bags and opening doors for me
while I hope this is true because of how funny that image is I know it's not

Dostoievsky, The gambler (game as a passion)
Balzac, The quest of the absolute (science as a passion)

Happiness phonetically has penis in it

it actually means "This is my suffering". it's not schafft, it's schaft. like Partnerschaft or Wissenschaft.
anyways, what you probably want is books about the fact that when you choose your passion, you also choose to endure the pain that come with it. the weird thing about someone having a passion is that they are willing to endure a shit ton of inconveniences because the reward is far greater than the suffering. nihilism is the death of passion, since passion is always irrational.
i'm a literary noob, so i can't recommend you anything. sorry op

>because the reward is far greater than the suffering

Nah, passion comes from passive. You can't do shit against your passion, it's like a curse and thus it makes you suffer.

Thank you, they're on my list.

youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY

But that's wrong ESL fag.