How do you even refute nihilism when it is so obviously correct...

How do you even refute nihilism when it is so obviously correct? It is simply delusional to claim that anything has intrinsic meaning.

Honestly thought isn't nothing better then anything? Like humans are simply a brain, killing yourself would turn off this brain therefor ending you in a state of nothingness well its really not a state its nothing, its extremely hard to explain but you get what im trying to say. Am i just extremely unempathic for thinking this way? Just ending it all because why not?

Meaning comes from the human mind, which is part of the universe, ergo the universe has meaning.

You don't
Everyone today is nihilistic IN THAT SENSE

BUT everyone runs away scared of the nothingness and lie to themselves, they call this "giving meaning to your own life"

By subscribing to nihilism, you indirectly subscribed to to dichotomy of meaning/meaningless as a quality of things.

Much like how people feel uncomfortable about materialism of life, because they evaluate it with the dichotomy of "dead/vital" and say "if it has no distinct vitality, it is dead".

As often the case, reality is something else entirely.

meaning in what context?
in the context of the universe we just don't know.
in the context of your own life and what you do, you'll need to find that for yourself. or you'll end up a 30-something special snowflake who regretted your life choices.

This.

cringe thread

if nihilism is correct, it refutes itself

How so?
If relativism is correct, it refutes itself
But nihilism..

nothing has any intrinsic meaning, including this sentence. If you make an exception for your nihilistic propositions and assert that they mean something, you are no longer a nihilist

See, this is what everyone fucking says about nihilism.

>dude i'm cringing lol xD
Fuck off. You don't have an argument.

Keep fooling yourself. Life is a simulation designed by robots to punish us for being scumbags. Dying just brings you to hell

Humans interpret things as having meaning. Doesn't mean that those things have meaning intrinsically.

You're playing with words
This doesn't refute nihilism

>you're playing with words

this is what people who don't have any nose for phil of language like to say

"humans interpret" what the hell are you talking about "humans" what is a "human" seperate from everything else? there's no basis for making that category distinction 'human' vs 'nonhuman' or 'intrinsic' vs 'extrinsic'. you say that meaning is contingent but your argument is a rats nest of meaning-laden presuppositions

My nigga you just got hit by the wrong type of hashish if you follow me. Fried rice mustache man neytasha claimed " some black gangsters called nihilism be hunting mother europa" he was on that pdiddy shit. But mustache man became a true man and entered a postnihilistic stage nigga, after that, white nationalist magic man evola comes along produces ride the tiger and says come on we all just gotta stop rubbing our dicks as much

Playing with words again
You're not as smart as you think you are, at least not in this area
This is absurd

>inb4 ad hominem

Nihilism's totally correct until one opens one's mouth and begins to talk-- then, it becomes something else entirely: a position.

>as if ...

>meaning comes from the human mind

What does that even mean?

>The human mind is part of the universe

What does that even mean?

Yes. Have you read The Denial of Death by Ernest Becker. A wonderful and enlightening little book concerning this idea.

>inb4 ad hominem
you insulted me first you little shit

It cannot be intentional. Bartleby was a nihilist-- but who can guess his intention? Wait, he doesn't have one-

Hahahahhaha
Fair enough

>What does that even mean?
Nothing. Nothing has meaning.

I haven't
Thanks for the rec, will look into it

How about the fact that the poster child of nihilism dedicated himself to warning us against it?

That old thing? I read it as a kid and thought it very good, but it's been years. True nihilism is never itself, but some position where it's practice becomes plausible: classic liberal individualism, z.b.

Is that N

>its

You refute it by showing its impossibility sui generis, but it isn't 'wrong'

You're only nihilist about things it's convenient for. Alot of our culture subscribes to nihilist values subconsciously but self professed intellectual nihilist's like you are even worse. Way worse. You rationalize how pathetic and boring your life is by saying all life must be that way, good, ok, kill your self none of us need you. The parents who probably helped you get to this point where you can shit post utilizing a computer and Internet, stop leeching off them, kill your self. You wouldn't listen if someone refuted nihilism because it isn't about being objectively correct for you. It's about making objectivity conform to your own reductionist views until no one but you is being rational while you do ironically do nothing with your life. You always get to be right in your own stupid head! Good job! If you were really nihilist would you need to validate your views and intellectual prowess on Veeky Forums? Seems like a flowery undertaking for a faggoty princess fuck.
Kill
Your
Self
Useless
Retard

>intrinsic meaning
Nihilism is the denial of meaning fullstop. Intrinsic or otherwise. It's gota be one of the dumbest positions you could possibly take. Read some phenomenology.

Now this is what I call Asperger's.

Wow you're incredibly pathetic
Im going to use this shit as an ironic pasta.
100% cringeworthy -If bait, well done sir. If not, hahahahahha.

>Being this buttblasted

You should kill yourself too, fampalan.

Be a nihilist if you want
Don't pretend to be one on the Internet
Useless view for people with useless degrees who plan on doing nothing. Good job champ you are smart and special, you can do anything!

>le angry edgy teenager nihilist meme
HAHA! WELL MEMED SIR!!

>make a nihilist thread
>people cringe
>xD le not an argument

It's possible to try a bit harder. The answer to nihilism is seeking some sort possibly self destructive vision quest. Cocaine and Acid are illegal though.

You'll only surpass it when you embrace the Absurd.

/thread

It's more about the conclusions you draw from it.

Usually the people who self identify as nihilist's are projecting some trauma in their past that no one but them cares about. Did your parents die? Girlfriend leave you? Is that why life is bleak? Well how about you just get the entire tragedy stricken continent of Africa to subscribe to your pointless world view. Oh wait, those diseased nig nogs still aren't as dumb as you.

It's impressive how low the intelectual level is right now on this board. You're a perfect pleb, congratulations

>people don't agree with me
>this board rn
>mfw

Stoicism > Nihilism

Truth exists

>Hey guys did you know that le universe has no meaning XDDDD
>What do you mean by meaning? What do you mean by universe? How can you possibly say there's no meaning if "meaning" is a meaningless concept?
>Y-you're just playing word games!! Hahaha, fucking plebs, I'm so much better than you XDDD.