Have had a collegiate reading level since 5th grade

>have had a collegiate reading level since 5th grade
>scored 99th percentile on the reading portion of the GRE
>have an academic level understanding of the Greeks and have read the majority of the western literary and philosophical canon
>on top of that have a professionally oriented master's degree
>still an unemployed neet who can't get a job while some guy I went to school with dropped out at 17, drives race cars and makes six figures

Any books that help me deal with this feel?

why don't you write some genre fiction?

You're Not As Smart As You Think You Are: An Allegorical Novella by David Fuckoff

Less talking, and put more mustard, Plato

Just go to a T14 law school. You should destroy the LSAT if you're so smart. Your racecar driving friend developed a valuable skill while you spent all your time on aesthetics.

I'm at one.

>>have had a collegiate reading level since 5th grade
>>scored 99th percentile on the reading portion of the GRE
>>have an academic level understanding of the Greeks and have read the majority of the western literary and philosophical canon
>>Have a BA in Catholic Theology
>Make mid-six figures in technology sales
How about you put down the books on the weekdays and, you know - work?

I'm too intelligent to work in sales like my parents, I went to school to avoid that fate.

It seems like youre not intelligent enough to realise you should develop a skill needed in the job market ,also known as the real world

>I'm too intelligent to work in sales
And not smart enough to earn money driving a car, either, I see.
>Sales = make phone calls for 10 hours a week; take clients to business lunches 6 hours a week; fill out forms for 4 hours a week; follow up on emails 10 hours a week - all working from home. Clear $215K/year
>You 'avoided that fate'
Surely your mind is superior.

Day trading

>And not smart enough to earn money driving a car, either, I see.
I'm not smart enough to be in the NFL either.

Well now you're just making excuses

Nothing in your post even makes sense. That idiotic comment about being smart enough to drive a car making six figures or that silly figure of 215k. Even OP is closer to reality than you are.

>Average CDL driver makes $40k their first year. The position only requires 6 weeks of training. In 90% of all cases the training will be paid for by a hiring firm, who will also pay the student a stipend. After 5 years the average CDL holder who has continued job training will earn about $74k/year with federally-mandated work weeks of no more than 42 hours. With specialized training a 5 year CDL veteran can earn as much as $125k/year for 20-25 hours of work per week.
See? Not that bright.
>A first year sports therapist with the NFL earns $66k. They must be certified. Certification takes an average of 18 months.
Yeah - not that smart.

the starcucks employee manual didn't help?

you should've been racing cars instaed fag

What the fuck are you even on about? OP is saying the guy is making six figures driving a race car.
Then you tell him he's not smart enough to make money driving a race car.
I then say I'm not smart enough to be in the nfl, which by no means should ever suggest to you I am talking about being a fucking sports therapist.
I am not smart enough to dunk a basketball or hit a hundred mph fastball either.

this
was not written by
I take home $215k/year in computer technical sales.
I make the average for my field and my experience/training.
Look at the starting salaries for technical sales professionals with firms like Verizon Business, HP, CompuCom, or some of the other places I have worked. Base salary is $10k/month and there are commissions, accelerators, and spiffs.
This is not shocking. Sales managers make 3-4 times what I do.
Hell, I know new car salesmen that make twice what I do!

>Then you tell him he's not smart enough to make money driving a race car.
I didn't write that.
This is what I wrote
>And not smart enough to earn money driving a car, either, I see.
I wrote that because *anyone* capable of reading can get a CDL and make six figures within 5 years.
Don't believe me? Call one of the major freight companies and ask about their training programs and pay ranges for specialized training.
You made a stupid comment about the NFL obviously not knowing that the majority of NFL employees are NOT players, they are staff and that the NFL pays non-players quite well.
OP is whining that he is educated but makes no money while a guy with no education makes a lot.
I am pointing oout that *anyone* can make good money with minimal training and a high IQ/lots of education is no excuse to not make a good living.

Mathematics can be more beautiful than literature.
Does anyone else get the feeling that mathematics is just the beginning, to me it seems like what symbolics is to written language.

>2017
>suggesting anyone should get a CDL

wew lad in 10 years truck drivers won't have jobs thanks to autonomous trucks.

Says who? Someone on the internet?
I sell logistics software and hardware to major trucking firms and they are alternately amused and pissed off by idiot amateurs predicting the end of commercial drivers because of self-driving trucks.
Amused because 'driving the truck' is the least important skill of the driver and pissed off because there is already a shortage of CDL drivers by 70k+ and idiots like you make it harder.
In reality firms like CR England and Swift are panicking because future CDL holders will need more computer training, reducing the pool of possible drivers. Actual logistics companies predict that self-driving trucks will *increase* the need for CDL holders by 20%.
Anything else you want to learn about?

First stop being an egocentric bitch. You are probably not more than the rest, just have more interest in culture. Then accept things

>tfw to intelligent too be successful

You may be intelligent but you are a fool. An education won't get your foot in the door but it will open them, experience is what gets you through these doors.