make baked potatoes instead
the clue here is in the name
>FRIES

I'm not a fan of baked potatoes

>wants to know how to bake potatoes
>is not a fan of baked potatoes

baking fries is just not as fucking gross and greasy as deep frying

>gross and greasy
maybe it's fries that you're not a fan of?

baked potatoes > fries

homemade oven fries suck. but if you do it, season them with old bay.

I would sugest baked potatoes too. Anyway, for fries in the oven out some oil on it to at least make them somewhat crispy and bake them longer than you would. For spices I like salt and some cayene. But thats just me.

the only problem with oven fries is that it's really hard to get them proper crispy.

Also they stick a lot, so they turn into mush if you try to stir them around

thats a pretty major problem. the airfryer meme seems promising since the convection dries out the fries more and makes them crispier

>roasted potatelets

You kinda have to search out a tray that's properly non stick and have the rain man patience to individually place and turn each fry.

>get speed peeler
>shave potatoes
>coat with spices, herbs and fat
>put under broiler, maybe toss once or twice

soft boil the potatos first, toss in oil with smoked paprika, salt and pepper, cook till crispy. you cant really overcook the inside of the fry - you most likely want it to be mush.

I've tried to oven bake homemade fries at different temperatures, using different methods a dozen or two times, and they never come out crisp.

Just can't find a way to do it.

What difference does it make? I'd like to know if someone tested how the "fries" turn out when boiling them compared to just soaking them first instead.

Not that guy, but I would imagine par boiling them first would extract more starch then soaking would, allowing them to get more crispy during the baking process.

parboil potatoes with water and vinegar, pat dry, coat with oil and seasoning, and then bake or convection each side until crispy

>making a single side of fries take an hour to prepare

This is actually unfortunately true.

There is no quick and easy way to get crispy oven-baked fries. Hell, even properly fried crispy fries are par-fried first, then frozen, then fried.

Assuming you are just going for some frozen fries from your're local wall mart, add some ketchup, garlic powder, pap rika, chilli flakes and add some cum in

fries in the oven are like a hand job from a hot girl. like yeah guess it gets the job done but its not as good as the real thing via pussy

>cut potatoes super thin
>cover them in oil
>put on baking sheet
>season more than you would season most things
>put in over 450F for 1 hour
>take them out and flip them around every 15-20 minutes
>season again the first time you take them out
>throw away mushy ones

A half sheet of densely packed ones makes about a cup of them. Just buy a fryer.

need a good batter for baked fries, no crisp otherwise

Go buy a pack of frozen Rally's fries from Walleyworld. Then read the fucking directions.

It's what you deserve.

i would honestly say that don't do fries, do wedges. cut at potato into 4or 6 pieces to avoid all the unnecessary cutting, add oil,salt+thyme/black pepper/whatever you want
200 celsius and, depending on the size somewhere around 15-30 minutes