Nutraloaf is a food served in prisons in the United States and Canada to inmates who have misbehaved; for example...

>Nutraloaf is a food served in prisons in the United States and Canada to inmates who have misbehaved; for example, assaulting prison guards or fellow prisoners.
>It is similar to meatloaf in texture, but has a wider variety of ingredients. Prison loaf is usually bland, perhaps even unpleasant, but prison wardens argue that nutraloaf provides enough nutrition to keep prisoners healthy without requiring utensils to be issued.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZfvQf8-uwlo
youtube.com/watch?v=jYc0Mx9Crtc
youtube.com/watch?v=ow76N2Ra-4U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If I was in charge they'd eat nothing at all.

>There are many recipes which include a range of food, from vegetables, fruit, meat, and bread or other grains. The ingredients are blended and baked into a solid loaf. In one version, it is made from a mixture of ingredients that include ground beef, vegetables, beans, and bread crumbs. Other versions include mechanically separated poultry and "dairy blend".
Sounds pretty good t b h
How the hell can meatloaf be bad

they should be feed only soylent.

I've eaten worse.

seems fair enough

to be fair though, all prisoners should be given the bare minimum required for nutrition without regard to taste regardless of whether they are "being punished for behavior within the prison" they are already in prison as a punishment for them being scumbags and are already enough of a drain on taxpayers

What the general guideline for prison food? Watched a couple documentaries like lockdown etc, because i couldnt sleep. Food always looked bad but they sometimes had their own stuff.

prisoners shouldn't be able to bulk up in prison
that's like giving them woverine claws or eye lazers before the leave prison so they can become even better criminals

youtube.com/watch?v=ZfvQf8-uwlo

I mean, it wouldn't really be a problem if prisons actually did what they were partially intended to do. I.e. turn criminals into functional members of society.

seems like a pretty futile quest

I agree, but your local negroids will spin that as violating Article 8 (cruel and unusual), so prisoners get to eat better than college students, who actually pay for the damn food.

idk, they seem to have really low recidivism rates in those comfy Scandinavian resort prisons.

inb4 somebody says something about black people

See ya in a few years, kiddies

I've been to both jail, the military, and college and I have to say that jail was by far the worst. This nutloaf shit actually looks really good in comparason and appears to have actual nutrition unlike the shit I had where it's 50% bread and garbage like prechewed "meat".

>it's a cleverly-disguised /pol/ thread
Nicely done. I think such a loaf could be made quite tasty, but most people barely even consider criminals human so I doubt they put in any effort to do so.

That would probably be more expensive than actual food.

Too late.

>I see /pol/ everywhere
back to your safe space, you little rat

>both
>lists three things

I added in the military afterward and forgot to modify the rest to suit, silly me.

This thread will comepletely stop talking about food and start talking about criminal justice and racial dynamics in no time. This is a food and cooking board. If you want to talk about food and politics

I figured. I do that all the time and thought it was funny

If you want to go fuck your mother she's at my place.

Shut up pussy

A large portion of prisons are for-profit, meaning they're handled by private companies, not the government, and not tax dollars. Additionally, most prisoners receive about 2.50~ worth of food per day (not meal). Go eat 2.50's worth of food a day while working a job for a year and get back to me on how they're not being punished enough. Some meals are literally nothing but a half slice of toast, a 1/8" slice of tomato, and a cup of rice. Any other food they receive comes from commissary, which is at about a 500% markup from Retail (Not Wholesale).

no one cares
you know what's cheaper than $2.50/day? A bullet in the head.

That shit is a crime in and of itself. Private for-profit prisons are a fucking nightmare straight out of Dickens.

Edgy. Why don't you demonstrate for the class?

I'd kill criminals for fun if it were allowed.

>prisons actually did what they were partially intended to do
prisons offer job training and education programs to inmates. if an inmate makes personal choices to not participate in those programs and to engage in continuing criminal behavior that's on them.

they aren't misguided and confused, career criminals are just cunts that break rules.

soylent definitely is cruel an unusual. You can't be on an all liquid diet, your body isn't made to do that

which one of your two dads is in prison, little fella?

Don't project.

>A large portion of prisons are for-profit, meaning they're handled by private companies, not the government, and not tax dollars.
Who do you think is paying the companies?

youtube.com/watch?v=jYc0Mx9Crtc
youtube.com/watch?v=ow76N2Ra-4U

The black one

Because those prisons work in the context of Scandinavian society. Scandinavians tend to bend easily to societal pressure due to their conformist culture, that's why criminals are easier to rehabilitate compared to from anywhere else.

Not to mention less ethical

The government, by prisoner.

The important part being "by prisoner", meaning prisons are pretty much directly economically incentivized to have as many prisoners as possible, and towards recidivism for that selfsame reason. Plus, these new powerful economic forces in the country lobby for their causes, which means that the US has, for example, very long sentences compared to other first-world countries.

Do you think this is related to the US having the second highest incarceration rate per capita in the world?

Another point that should be made is caloric restrictions. For example, in MS, regardless of size of the individual or work performed (yes they chain gang in all weather at brutal jobs) the daily calorie count is set at 1500 calories. Truely cruel and unusual punishment.

Take note kids, some of those chain gang slaves were caught with under 10 grams of marijuana. They have a nice 5 years to look forward to with Tyrone, Jamal and Dequan in a cell designed for 2.

Good thing you're not in charge then

>The government
>not tax dollars
mmmmmhhhhh....

On the one hand youre completely right in the economic sense. On the other hand I'm totally fine with shitskins sitting in stinky rooms where they cant fuck up the rest of society. Soooooooo frig off.

do you feel in charge?

Fuck off jew, what the fuck is off topic about prison food? You're the bedwetting little shit trying to derail the thread.

Did a week in the clink for a DUI. Wasn't bad, just a bunch of white dudes who play a lot of cards where I was.

Food was bad but they had a menu and it wasn't so horrible. We'd actually bet deserts on card games. No holdem oatmeal cookie brah.

Anyway they told stories of serving this to guys who went to the hole. Basically it's purposefully done to punish them. Because of budget cuts they now get regular food because they can't hire someone to make specialized punishment loaf.

How many dollars is this??? Gotta be good value

Good thing you are not in charge and never will be you motherfucking dumbass

There's a commissary, kind of like a convenience store. They can spend real money (usually put into their accounts by family members) to buy things from there. A lot of inmates prefer the food there to the cafeteria.

About 10 cents, then the private prison buys it for "10 dollars" with tax money and the prison board and local officials pocket the 99% left over.

'merica

>served in prisons in the United States and Canada to inmates who have misbehaved; for example, assaulting prison guards or fellow prisoners.
literally who cares then

Where can I buy nutraloaf?

I've eaten half-rotten minced meat due to hunger and no shekels as a student. That can't be worse.

One of our county judge's has an interest in the local jail--also he is one of the hardest sentencers. People can serve several years in county. Probably still better than state prison. That's a whole new ballgame.

Of course it's Wolfe Pit...

If you smoke weed you're no better than a nigger anyway.

Perhaps they won't use drugs like a degenerate next time.

of course psycho Drumpf would mandate that we feed HUMANS this literal garbage

jail is not prison

>shit skins
>says frig off
shouldn't you be in school?

okay so you do realize there are more whypipo in prison than blacks right? so why dont yall go eat some mayonnaise and tell youre sister how spicy it is

why do people like you bother responding. just lurk. you enjoy filling out the captchas, do you? fucking moron.

CRAWLING

I spent 7 years locked up for non violent drug offenses and fucking assure you that Prison Food is absolutely shit and prison loaf is absolutely shitter than anything you will eat ever.

I literally ate toothpaste while in the hole because it was so bad.

Diversity is the spice of life or something like that.

No problem, we don't have to feed them anything.

>if prisons actually did what they were partially intended to do. I.e. turn criminals into functional members of society.
Haha! That's a good one, user. Everyone knows prisons are meant to make prison corporations rich.

Fpbp

Yeah, this legitimately sounds palatable. Fucking prisoners getting their delicious loafies.

What's wrong with Wolfe Pit?

>and not tax dollars
Where the fuck do they get their money from, you tard?

When my dad was in prison he was p well behaved and friendly with the guards, they told him that the prison was very proud of being able to feed people on $1.40 per day. Lotsa carbs, dad gained a shitload of weight and forgot how to properly cook for himself for a while

kek, this is such weak bait

More like fpep.

t. Evangelical bin Taliban

What did you do to deserve the loaf?

Tell me about user! Why does he eat the loaf?

>toothpaste

Mm mm good.

This. Weed sucks anyway.

Stupid sexy Flanders.

So edgy this comment was banned in the UK.

But seriously, most people going to prison are for drug or petty theft offences, that hardly constitutes killing them off. But you are probably one of these retards who can try think beyond his comfy house where mom makes tendies six times a day.

You can make it fairily easily and cheaply. They have a couple recipes online.

>no u

>prisons offer job training and education programs to inmates.

You mean like the prisons that teach hairdressing to felons in states where it is illegal for a felon to work in a barber shop?

That doesn't encourage a vicious cycle of repeat offenses or anything, no sir.

Cool, explains how some of them can gain muscle.

Worked at a prison, most inmates were fat or skinnyfat.

Didn't know Joe Guerrero from AfterPrisonShow browses Veeky Forums. You looking for some new "prison" recipes in this place?

>body cant survive on all liquid diet

Yes it can. Tons of people who cant eat due to physical or medical reasons live off of tube feedings via a PEG tube.
Soylent in prisons is definitely viable, and the first two weeks of tube feeding shits before they get used to all liquid will solidify punishment.

>punishment
Prison is for rehabilitation, not punishment

>mfw AfterPrisonShow makes threads on Veeky Forums to fish for new channel content.

"Mommy help my safespace!!!!"
>>>/reddit/

>this nigger trying to bait
Kill yourself nigger.

niggers get upset when they cant eat fried chicken and watermelon for every meal
that is all the distaste for nutraloaf boils down to

kek

>all this nigger food to try and appease the main population

What would you serve them? Foie gras?

i heard of this. its often mouldy. honestly prison seems like shit to me, if i was in their for whatever reason id try to work kitchen

bread, butter, milk, soylent equivalent
they can buy whatever else they want from the commissary
except for religious holidays where a proper catered meal will be provided