Elon Musk AMA on reddit. He will be answering questions in about 30 minutes

Elon Musk AMA on reddit. He will be answering questions in about 30 minutes.
reddit.com/r/space/comments/76e79c/i_am_elon_musk_ask_me_anything_about_bfr/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GrP3jHuLQ9o
youtube.com/watch?v=gmJgW-yMAIg
youtube.com/watch?v=E-GxDqtP4Vc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

I have a question for OP. Why don't you go back?

haha, i recognize OP image

isn't that a photoshopped version of that one episode in rick and morty where rick turns himself into a cucumber?

man i loved that episode :D

>mfw Elon Musk is a marketing meme

Please be sarcastic. Rick and morty is the worst thing to happen to popular opinion of science since the big bang theory BAZINGA crap

I'll post the answers so you don't have to sift through leddit nonsense

further explanation

I appreciate this public service.

np

ok I'll be sarcastic:
rick and morty is such a good show

kek
thanks for sharing Elon we know you're an alright kinda guy

Elon's response
>
Elon's assistant's response

Bumping to let OP know that we care

why is it bizarre at all?

he spends 80

damn auto-post

he spends 80% of his time with the engineering team. Don't be so cynical

>Rick and Morty
>science
I like the show, but really, what science?

Ask him what he thinks about Rick and Morty. I don't have a Reddit account.

he watches the show with his kids.

This AMA is for BFR questions

He saw the "to be fair..." copypasta once and assumed it was sincere.

weird≠penis shaped? hmmm

Someone should ask if they're thinking about making miniature dildo BFR.

9/10 AMA so far. Lots of new information

Thank you for screen caps.

>22 light minutes
what's that in regular minutes?

You fall for the copypasta?

a couple hours

>Musk's reddit account is 5 years old

You're not that funny elon

a light minute is a unit of distance
22 * 60 seconds * 300,000,000 m/s = 396000000000 meters

autism

is this real?

it's like 10th grade math dude

as in footage of rockets

yeah, but taking a joke like that seriously is 201 autism

ok but you're on a science and math board what I'm trying to do is help someone understand what a light minute so that hopefully they can be a better person

>as in footage of rockets

there is already some of SpaceX stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=GrP3jHuLQ9o
youtube.com/watch?v=gmJgW-yMAIg

I was thinking something more along the lines of rule 34

dude, you're on a science board, everyone knows what a light minute is

apparently not

that didn't answer the question at all

apparently yes. it was a joke

there are 9600 comments in the thread. he's giving a mixture of joke answers and in depth answers. I don't mind

ooooh this is interesting

alright dude you were just "joking" about being stupid you're probably actually busy calculating renormalization groups

I didn't even send the post senpai. I just don't have autism

YOU ALL HAVE AUTISM SO SHUT UP

haha "how do I do calculus jk I'm like so smart really it's a joke"

"no"
I never claimed to be smart, but that was clearly not serious. get over it, you made a fool of yourself but it's not the end of the world

I don't think you would know how to calculate a light minute I'm not sure how I'm supposed to be embarrassed

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

as you said, it's not hard to calculate, just know the distance of a light second and multiply by 60. And even if I couldn't, how is it relevant to the discussion? the point is that that user obviously knew what a light minute is, but you took it seriously when you shouldn't.

Why are Elon Musk's responses are so fucking stupid?

you didn't even know it's a unit of distance dude give up already

literally every person on this site knows it. probably 99% of people and 99.999% of people on science oriented websites are aware of this. it's incredibly basic knowledge

autism should be a crime

but you didn't

Because most of these questions are fucking stupid.

why does it matter? I didn't even make that post

because you're compensating and it's annoying

I'm compensating but you felt the need to tell someone what a light minute is on a website for adults

he asked

he joked

you're still compensating

aaaaaannnndd that's a wrap. AMA is over

You posted all the answers? what a shit ama

I like this kind of thinking, but it was roundly debunked by the whole Szechuan sauce fiasco.

All those people were Veeky Forums memesters ironically rioting. Especially and including the red shirt naruto run autist.

What do you mean? How many people do you think went to McDonald's and acted like idiots, as compared to the number of people who watch Rick & Morty?

Furthermore, why do you think they went to McDonald's and acted like idiots? Because they were genuinely obsessed with R&M and this is their natural behavior, or because they thought they could get on youtube by putting on a show pretending to be maddened R&M fans?

Was redshit even in a McDonald's? If he was, it was certainly after all the irl shitposting since hardly anyone was there. Either way, he was Veeky Forums embodied.

The crowds themselves were Facebook-tier, so while there may have been a core of ironic memesters, a huge chunk of it was herd mentality. I noped out of there when I found out what the line was for. Got my nuggs from Wendy's that day.

>
szechuan sauce has nothing to do with the intelligence meme, no doubt there are obnoxious rick and morty fans

>The crowds themselves were Facebook-tier, so while there may have been a core of ironic memesters, a huge chunk of it was herd mentality.
McDonald's announced "very limited quantities" of a cheap item that was hyped through the roof by a popular TV show. That's the kind of thing that creates crowds.

I guarantee you that most of them just wanted to try the sauce. Not because they're playing out some obsessive fan dream, but because it sounded like it would taste good, and this might be the only chance in their lives to try it.

>Was redshit even in a McDonald's?
It's clearly in a Mcdonalds, you can see the McBranding on all the signs.

youtube.com/watch?v=E-GxDqtP4Vc

But yeah, I guess you're right. He probably even asked permission to do that since everyone is business as usual as he's freaking out.