In America, when going out to a restaurant, a pizza is considered a starter (appetizer)

In America, when going out to a restaurant, a pizza is considered a starter (appetizer).

Do Americans really do this?

You jealous?

things that can be broken into small pieces work well to share with a group
You will often see flatbread as an appetizer, though they are rarely like normal pizza

There is an old American word for someone who orders pizza as an appetizer: Faggot

SEETHING

You're generalizing REALLY hard here.

> One restaurant does it so all must do it! DURHURHUR.

Even checked the restaurant in question (Kelseys, from Canada) and apparently they no longer even have that on their menu.

fucking disgusting. When will americans learn

non american here.

what is ranch dressing?
what does gooey mean?

Appetizers in chain restaurants are bullshit, it's usually an "appetizer" if you split it between four people. I've ordered nachos as an entree and gotten more food than I could comfortably eat

If that were made vegan and we had anons try it there would be a rant thread four hundred posts long.

>Appetizers in chain restaurants are bullshit, it's usually an "appetizer" if you split it between four people. I've ordered nachos as an entree and gotten more food than I could comfortably eat
They're like happy hour food. People who drink. They feed the table during drinks while you wait for others to arrive, they're already ready while people figure out what to order, etc. They are sometimes all people order, because they're not ordering entrees at all.

I often get the Thai Lettuce Wraps at Cheesecake Factory as my main meal.

That's what they're made for you loser. Restaurants don't generally expect you to be eating alone, make some friends.

>do people really do things differently in other countries? do people really eat things other than what i've ate for my entire life? please spoonfeed me so i can understand!

no they're sides dumbass

>not ordering an appetizer for yourself while your friends get an entree
>you end up with more food

blown the fuck out

>people do things
>this for some reason amazes the simple-minded

>Americans so fat they don't realize having a whole pizza as a snack before their main meal is ridiculous

>what is ranch dressing?
depends on recipe but mainly buttermilk, mayo, seasonings and maybe sour cream
>what does gooey mean?
warm and soft...almost melted.

It looks like an appetizer intended for a large group.

Something can be cold and still gooey. Gooey is like a syrupe but a bit thicker.

But not sticky. Take out all the stickyness.

Please shoot yourself in the face

I just imagine the entire continent of Europe as a bunch of people that have a google search page of the word "america" as their home page.