My mom and dad got a divorce pretty recently, and I'm coming to visit my mom. My dad has my siblings...

My mom and dad got a divorce pretty recently, and I'm coming to visit my mom. My dad has my siblings. So it's just going to be me and her, and I wanted to make her dinner. I wanna do ribeye steaks, but I can't think of any good side dishes. Got any ideas Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iFC7-urzfXw
thekitchn.com/recipe-summer-barley-salad-122847
food.com/recipe/mediterranean-barley-salad-232061
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mashed potatoes

I thought that too, but I kinda want to do something special, got anything that would impress a middle aged white woman?

Cheese fries

mashed potatoes with cum gravy

Rice pilaf and sauteed broccoli

Flaming hot cheetos

Th-thanks for your suggestion user

Just pair it with a nicoise salad as an appetizer and something light for desert like a pastry puff or strawberry shortcake. Remember, elegance in simplicity. Going too gaudy on sides and other hullabaloo will detract from the experience.

this
alternatively a nice hot cum pie

>bruschetta appetizer
>steamed asparagus drizzled with garlic butter and baked potato as sides
>serve with merlot and a glass of ice water
>key lime cheesecake for dessert

Wala

Mashed potatoes and broccoli.

What area do you live in so I know what veg are in season. I'm picking a lot of green beans and zucchini now in addition to tomatos and cucumbers. Those can make great simple side dishes when fresh.

Missouri, and she has a big ass garden out here, so I don't think veggies will be a problem
>green beans
>asparagus
>zucchini
>cucumbers
>tomatoes

semen salad

What, are you trying to be her rebound?

a bit of sexual intercourse with your mother that is if you know what I mean heh :) *winks both eyes*

>I thought that too, but I kinda want to do something special, got anything that would impress a middle aged white woman?
my era, then.

Women in my era are either impressed with the old world fussy things:
twice baked potatoes, potato gratin, hassleback (might be a good choice), really nie russet roasted and served with all the toppings, but instead of sour cream, whirl up cottage cheese with the green onion, for an onion cream topping, spinach souffle
more healthy:
olive oil tossed baked oven fries or roasted fingerling potatoes, roasted green beans w. garlic and almonds, roasted asparagus
more alternative diet-ish or trendy:
no carb pureed cauliflower (can even buy it frozen and already riced now) , roasted peppers, mushrooms, anything that doesnt have starch.

Look at a decent steakhouse menu for inspiration such as Berns in Tampa

This user has damn good taste. Listen to him. I was about to list just about the exact same meal. I'll give an alternate instead, then:
>Artichokes with aioli
>Serve steak with brown butter spaghetti myzithra
>Port wine and ice water
>A choolatey dessert; brownies ala mode with hot fudge would be good.

earth apples

>ala mode

à la mode

Beside, good taste user

Bone apple tea

A pretentious French cuisine solution, menfin

Caille en sarcophage: just look it up

A recipe my mother used to make: Tournedos Rossini: Basically you toast two pieces of bread. Between those two pieces of bread you put the most expensive most tender best cooked piece of beef you can find (tenderloin in the original recipe), like an incredibly soft burger that has to be eaten with a fork. On top of this burger, you put pan seared foie gras, the most sophisticated and melting type of fat known to man. The whole thing melts in your mouth, delicious bread, meat and fat. Serve with salad of your choice and a light dressing on the salad. Be careful cooking the foie gras, it's half fat so if you pan cook it slow it will melt and not sear.

pair it with good wine, I'm biased towards Burgundy so won't give advice.

Ca te va?

>destroying artichokes with your gay sauce

Do you just eat them straight?

Rofl, stahp it

>avatarfagging
Wa la

Greek salad. Don't skimp on the feta.
youtu.be/iFC7-urzfXw

gnocchi as a starter?

Some kind of vegetable like green beans or asparagus

Eat each anothers asses

Barley salad its great

thekitchn.com/recipe-summer-barley-salad-122847

my bad this one
food.com/recipe/mediterranean-barley-salad-232061

My did and I did think cut 1lb ribeyes for the fourth. We get some mushrooms, bell peppers and asparagus and grilled those with the steaks. Mashed potatoes are good too