There is literally nothing wrong with canned tuna

there is literally nothing wrong with canned tuna

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-HOgkzZc4Co
news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/11/141117-starfish-dying-epidemic-virus-animal-ocean-science/
youtube.com/watch?v=zYm0zzJAET8
youtube.com/user/ichicax4
youtube.com/watch?v=gDEszs38vdU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what about heavy metal toxins

Tuna in the can is poached. That's a legit way to serve the flesh of the fish.

What you think about your mercury limits, fishing methods, or making it THE only way to eat said seafood would be silly. The reason the food is canned in the first place is to make it last, so it can be enjoyed out of season, when it is convenient, and so it can be transported to where the person lives, which might not be in that port but miles away, in the wilderness, in the mountains, etc.

Canning is good stuff.

Albacore> olive oil packed > the rest

What about microscopic radioactive particles from fukushima in the meat?

they only make you stronger

i eat about 12 cans of tuna a week and have done this for about a month now, and i have salmon and swordfish for dinner fairly often, how at risk for heavy metal toxicity am i at

>i eat about 12 cans of tuna a week and have done this for about a month now, and i have salmon and swordfish for dinner fairly often, how at risk for heavy metal toxicity am i at

You're well on your way to becoming a T-1000.

Solid albacore's the only shit I can eat. I tried to buy normal canned tuna a while back for sandwiches and couldn't stomach the stuff. The soupy tuna is so discolored and I hit too many unexpected textures.

Tuna packed in olive oil is fine. Not a fan of the stuff in water.

You'd have to eat a lot of it for it to really matter.

Not too bad I don't think.
I certainly wouldn't recommend that.
I wouldn't recommend even 1 can a day.
But you might want to consider changing that.
Switch out tune with sardines. Small fish like sardines don't have the heavy metal buildup like tuna.
Sardines are pretty high in cholesterol though

>Radioactive tuna is wrong. Especially if you have to make threads on Veeky Forums to promote it.

In case you are not in the know... The Fukushima Diachi nuclear power plant is still leaking MASSIVE amounts of radioactive particles into the AIR AND PACIFIC OCEAN.

DO NOT EAT SEA FOOD FROM THE PACIFIC OCEAN.

i do what i want, I don't need no man.

You are at severe risk. I'm not being hyperbolic you seriously need to see a doctor. It's safe to have roughly 1 can a day every day. But you are eating 1-2 cans a day and have been doing it for a month it's a lot and you aren't giving your body any time to process the heavy metals before you are adding more in. What you are working towards is chronic poisoning vs acute. Once you even show the symptoms it will already have done a life-changing amount of damage to your body.

Seriously that's way too much.

show me 50 people who died from radioactive tuna you pussy

youtu.be/-HOgkzZc4Co
Here you go faggot

Fukushima could drain hundreds of tons of pure metalic Uranium into the pacific ocean and you wouldn't detect shit. You massively underestimate how fucking HUGE the Pacific ocean is.

No, it's fucking overcooked.

So is the sun. What's your point?

Brainlets don't really understand ocean dynamics, they understand flashy macros with BRIGHT COLORS SHOWING HOW MUCH THE RADIATION EMPIRE HAS CLAIMED THE SEAS RUN FOR YA IODINE TABLETS.

There's likely more radiation in the Pacific ocean from coal ash run off then there is from fukushima or any nuclear power plant. Ah, but the coal lobby wants to bury the fact that coal is radioactive as shit, I forgot!

It's more complicated than that, but you're right in that it's not really an issue so long as we pay attention. There are things that COULD be an issue with it, like currents concentrating radioactive material and it settling to various areas, then us fishing out of those areas. It is a shitty disaster that we don't want happening, but it's not the end of the world.

\m/

How do you do your tuna salad for sandwiches?

Finely diced red onion / chickpeas / canned tuna in brine / mayo / lemon juice / tomato relish for me.

I'm in the UK where our selection of canned tuna is atrocious. Olive oil packed tuna is never seen in regular supermarkets.

Makes a mean good pasta casserole.

>What about microscopic radioactive particles from fukushima in the meat
>Not wanting superpowers like the X-men
>not wanting to see through walls

That is not okay user. You'll go blind, I'm not even kidding.

the bananas at your local mart have more radioactivity in them then anything you will get from the ocean from that jap disaster

Radiation from the sun is different, it comes from nature.

Eat some foods containing glutathione to be safe. It helps facilitate the removal of heavy metals from your system. Eggs and garlic are good sources. Look it up.

Bullshit. I work for Starkist and I can tell you that this is absolutelu false.

ITT people don't realize that there are tuna in the atlantic ocean

So many shills in this thread....

It is a threat to national security. There is no reason to ignore the fucking telephone poles that washed ashore in northern California and Baja California then huh? How about the two headed whales babies? The disintegrating starfish?

How about the fact that to get a proper reading there needs to be many samples of fish taken, completely dried to dust, contained in a lead box, then tested.

It does not work like Fallout the video game you fucking new fags. Read more. You're probably fapping your brains into necrosis from the lack of cerebral spinal fluid in your body.

Whoa, you're so, like, redpilled, man.

Must be all the iodine pills.

Hows that radioactive waste taste retards? Was it worth trading your DNA for fapping to loli and anime?

news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/11/141117-starfish-dying-epidemic-virus-animal-ocean-science/

OMG so mystery... Soupy spoopy huh goys?

youtube.com/watch?v=zYm0zzJAET8

OM nom nom.

Let me guess... You don't eat whales so.... Hmmmmmmm can't impact the tuna?

Damn nigga you sure convinced me to stay away from that yucky tuna

Or be pregnant.

>this is what hippies actually believe
The only people who have to worry about Fukushima Diachi are the people who live in the region. Guess what, swalling a drop of water from a swimming pool that someone pissed in isn't going to kill you. If you want to bitch about fallout then bitch about the hundreds of nuclear bomb test that DIDN'T kill you. Fukushima did not poison the Pacific.

Not only is the Pacific ocean damaged beyond repair..... If two of those 50+ spent fuel rods so much as bump into eachother the whole fucking nuclear plant will explode and kill the majority of humanity.

Enjoy your fucking Stockholm syndrome and radioactive tuna that you probably already threw away.

Okay, you got a chuckle out of me. What's the next step of you master plan?

You invite me over to flick yogurt on your face.

>cat food

Humans are a part of nature.

Do you think that radioactive metals are man-made? That humans invented uranium rather than found it?

Tuna in water (drained), finely diced celery, yellow onion, green onion, sun dried tomatoes, diced pickles (only if I'm going to eat right away otherwise it gets soupy), garlic powder, tarragon, lemon juice and zest, mayo (easy on the mayo), and diced avocado

>How do you do your tuna salad for sandwiches?
I don't.

Why is this still a thing?

I have never seen radioactive ground other then from areas where humans have used radioactive substances.
I have yet to see a waterfall shit out uranium.

tru. uranium wasn't in underground deposits until humans put it there.

Oh fuck not a picture made by some underage. Gonna go purge that tuna right away.

Idk user. But in America, you can get a tuna steak for a cheaper unit price.

Grill it yourself a nice rare to mid rare or sear it with sesame after marinating it for a few hours, put it over a salad or pair it with your starch and vegetables and you got yourself a good dinner or even a light lunch by just eating half and making a freshly grilled tuna salad.

Personally my favorite way is to sear it with sesame seeds on it after marinating it in a lime honey and soy sauce mix. Putting it over an Asian salad with seaweed, orange ginger dressing, mungbeam and broccoli sprouts, cucumber and tomatoes, and fresh scallions, Thai basil, and cilantro with a squeeze of lime over the top. Quite good really.

Exactly, just like how Jesus hid away all of those dinosaur "bones"

DO NOT GO OUTSIDE

ALL THE SUNLIGHT IS RADIOACTIVE.

DO NOT EAT BANANAS

BANANAS ARE RADIOACTIVE.

>If two of those 50+ spent fuel rods so much as bump into eachother the whole fucking nuclear plant will explode and kill the majority of humanity.

>kill the majority of humanity.
kek
Even if it did detonate (big if, you have no idea what you're going on about), it'd be a point of light from space. Like looking at a Christmas light from 100 meters. Yeah, it'd be a tragedy, and I'm sure lots of people could die, but it wouldn't even knock a percentage point off of the human population.
You are severely overestimating the potency of fission reactions.

They are in everything by now, in miniscule amounts. It's caesium-137 and strontium-90 that really accumulate in your bones and body and cause serious problems, and those radionucleides do not travel so far in large amounts.

You realise meltdowns and criticality incidents have happened a few times in history and only people in the direct vicinity died. Even a nuclear bomb designed to blow shit up effects a few hundred km radius, in the largest cases (tsar bomba etc;)

That's... what I said? Are you agreeing with me?
I was stating that the guy was overestimating fission bombs and that it wouldn't put a real dent in the population.

this. there are vastly more concerning things spread all over the ocean

I've been eating chunk light in water made into fried tuna patties every day for months because of cheapness, how fucked am I.

9 nuclear subs have been lost at sea, and weve detonated a fuckload of nukes in the sea for research, this Fukushima thing is literally a drop in the bucket

>shima gets fuku'd
>almost immediately the great barrier reef is bleached
>blame it on global warming

>search 'mercury'
>1 result
seriously guys, don't eat large fish too frequently unless you want permanent brain problems

Enjoy your nuke fish with mercury.

I loved it when I ate meat, but there's a mercury poisoning risk from too much. There's people who feed only canned tuna to their cats, though, and I don't know if that kills the cat or not, but I'd assume so?

>poonami

The sea is a lot of ocean. You get more radiation from taking an airplane flight.

EVERYTHING

IN

MODERATION

I think you are well on your way of becoming a human thermometer

DO NOT LIVE

IT LEADS TO DEATH

Was supposed to reply to the other guy, muh bad

That bleaching has been happening for a while

On one hand cats don't live as long as humans but on the other hand their tolerance is also lower.

Lmao

Sounds like you tried to write a poem

>MUH MERCURY
Tuna has high amounts of selenium which binds the mercury. Relax

youtube.com/user/ichicax4

All these retards who eat tuna trying to prove they are not retarded is frighteningly entertaining.

youtube.com/watch?v=gDEszs38vdU

bet it tastes twice as good as regular dolphin

Take iodine.

Not everyone was abducted by fucking aliens

does the preservatives and all the other shit inside the cans actually matter
like how much does it actually affect you?

There aren't really any chemical preservatives. Do you know how canning works?

Thanks user, made me laugh.

>not being brutal enough to eat heavy metal poisoned food

I have to ask for more info, sadly.

Canned tuna is a staple for me (Budget pescatarian) and I do notice more digestive issues (Bloating, distention, general swelling) from a can a day for a week. Stopping it altogether stops this issue, and moderate also has -less- impact.

I love fish, I enjoy cooking and while canned tuna isnt a treat for cooks, it filled the fishy taste I love. I want more info on things like this image, as that is what will stop me from consuming.

underrated post

For some tuna salad? Sure why not? tuna, mayo, celery, some hard-boiled eggs on some toasted, crunchy wheat bread? Absolutely.

LOL dude sorry but what's this gif from

I dunno man Im just freaking out right now, thats actually me!

I've just realized American call mercury as heavy metal.

k

shit thread

I think it's from Battlestar Galactica..?
>pic is doc from the show

No you aren't