So I'm going to make some tomato sauce for my pizza. Question is should I cook the sauce or just crush the tomatoes...

So I'm going to make some tomato sauce for my pizza. Question is should I cook the sauce or just crush the tomatoes, add seasoning and put it on pizza like that?

Pic related, got a can of san marzanos.

Other urls found in this thread:

who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs270/en/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

definitely cook it.

Cook with a bit of garlic and onion and like 50 basils and some oreganos then add some olive oil.

botulism spores can be killed by heating canned goods.
So, though people can and do use things like beans straight from the can into marinated salads, olives and such. It is a good idea that you heat food to the right temp and for long enough if you want to be safe. Anything on top of a pizza in a home oven isn't getting very much heat on top for very long.

>BPA lining

OP here.

I've usually cooked my sauce with some gatlic, olive oil, little bit of thyme and white wine, black pepper and tiny bit of salt.
The readon I'm asking is I've heard every Italian going "MAMMA MIA NONONO" when mentioned cooking the sauce before putting it in the oven .

Typos* posting with mobile.

I've tried cooking and not cooking and I prefer not cooking.

It tastes fresher and brighter that way. If you cook it it tastes very rich almost like spaghetti sauce.

I add tomato sauce to crust dough, add seasoning, use utinsel to stir it around, then build rest of pizza.

Your pizza will be soggy dough if you don't reduce the sauce. I usually just put spiced tomato paste on mine.

If there's botulism, it's the already-present-and-heat-stable toxin that kills, not the live bacteria.

Is that anything to worry about if I'm not having kids and already queer?

That's the problem, just wondering if there's a way to keep that fresh taste while not having too watery sauce.

Use fresh tomatoes as a topping?

Use arrowroot starch to thicken without cooking.

>If there's botulism, it's the already-present-and-heat-stable toxin that kills, not the live bacteria.
It's heat resistant in the first place, like if spores remained through canning, but you can still kill the toxins by prolonged heating for 5 minutes.
who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs270/en/

Drain some of the liquid when you're opening the can.

i have a question that is not worthy of a new thread
>do i need to cook spaghetti sauce in a jar/can?
i understand i still need some seasoning even with the sauce
but it tastes kinda weird when I just pour it from the jar without cooking

Canned tomatoes are a wicked meme. Just go buy some quality fresh plum tomatoes, blanch the skins off, de-seed them, throw'em in a pot and simmer it for a while while you flavor it to your taste. It's like comparing fresh picked garden anything to canned anything. The san marzano tomato isn't magically better than every other tomato in the world especially after it's been canned.

I prefer the taste of canned whole tomatoes.

canned tomatoes are better for everyone who doesn't live in a climate in which you can grow decent tomatoes, they are actually better than fresh ones as the canned tomatoes were picked when they were ripe, in contrast to fresh, imported tomatoes

>doing all that for a barely-noticeable improvement in taste
Or you could just dump a can of tomatoes and mash them up with your spices and have sauce ready to go on your pizza.

>tfw live in a climate that I can grow decent tomatoes

Growing Roma, San Marzano, and Beefsteak.

Going to have tomatoes out the ass.

>doing all that for a barely-noticeable improvement in taste

Just use a mill, low effort required.