“””Magic”””

How likely is it bros? I’m not talking about magic as in “sacrifice a rooster to Nyalrogop’ui Agon’rtlo and you’ll be immortal”. More along the terms of “any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic”. Like, maybe what we’re seeing with our own eyes isn’t simply all there is. Maybe we don’t have the proper receptors to take in everything. Heck, maybe stuff like Chaos Magic do have some basis in reality. You never know. It’s not like they’re about blood, ghosts and demons.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AoWi10YVmfE
youtube.com/watch?v=GS9A1JuOKE8
youtube.com/watch?v=R2jlgTA0QtI
youtube.com/watch?v=V6p5mbp_M98
youtube.com/watch?v=is4PHzSjEH8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>>/x/

>can't even link a board
KYS Newfag. It'd have been if it was about drinking the blood of goats to achieve total between the chakras or some other bullshit.

What we have now would be considered magic 100 years ago. Just wait

i'm a naturalistic occultist. this means I use occult techniques like ritual magic, but remain agnostic about any supernatural effects. i've never seen any affects that cannot be explained by the ritual affecting consciousness, which then affects the world or perception of it

magic, as in the western mystery tradition, is basically the western version of yoga. it's very useful from the spiritual point of view, but it was developed by a lot of ignorant savages so you have to pick through shit to find good stuff. i've always enjoyed crowley's stuff, he was one of the first real trolls and would have loved Veeky Forums I think

This,my grandfather was shown skype and he couldn't believe it. He said his parents would have thought it was witchcraft.

As someone who identifies as a chaote (chaos magic practitioner) i can tell you it does work, but not in the mystical wizard sort of way. Its essentially using the placebo effect to your advantage in everyday life. Your mind is as powerful as you believe it to be, people have been given sugar pills and been cured of diseases that were thought to be death sentences, simply because they thought they were given a cure. Applying this to things like success will work if you truly believe it will, but it cant violate the laws of physics. Strangely enough though, if you are practiced enough at chaos magic you can affect human and animal behavior in subtle ways that shouldnt logically happen. Ive done it a couple of times but its not easy.

Hmm, okay. So where do I start with that anons? My only exposure to Chaos Magick is Grant Morrison's interviews.

i don't do chaos magick, it's not my style. i prefer the older systems like golden dawn and crowley's stuff, it resonates with me more. different strokes for different folks

whatever works for you, if you get into the occult i would earnestly advise having the solid foundation of a meditation practice before getting in too deep. it's very easy for people to get "unbalanced" doing things like talking to spirits in the astral plane ( even if they don't believe anything supernatural is occurring ). i've seen it happen many times. plus, meditation is the shit.

Book 4 is a good place to start, if you don't like crowley after finishing that then check out liber null, that's the big chaos magick book iirc

The hand symbols they use in the Dr Strange movies are derived from hindu and buddhist magic.

Same with Naruto.

Look up Mudra and Kuji-in

[continued]

fuck i need to drink more coffee. i should have added that meditation is important because it helps keep you "centered", so to speak. both mindfulness and concentration forms are useful for this purpose. i do both daily.

pranayama ( yogic breath discipline ) is also extremely legit and useful, and can be folded into a mindfulness or concentration practice

, maybe what we’re seeing with our own eyes isn’t simply all there is. Maybe we don’t have the proper receptors to take in everything.

There is definitely more than all we can see with our eyes, and definitely more than our receptors can pick up
The rest of this post is shit, stop shitting up my high-IQ board with your BOG BAMG THEROM BULLSHIT
limit discussion to comparative IQ and the intricacies of theoretical math and physics. k?thanksbye

>Veeky Forums
>High IQ board

I'd be willing to bet the average IQ here is 120+

t. 118 high averagelet

Holy shit, go the fuck away you disgusting voodoo hobo. I hate Veeky Forums, I just want it to be purged of this filth. What are the mods fucking doing...

oh yeah because we need another thread of autists bitching about IQ

it's probably

Science have controversial facts about effects of player. Because magic is more twilight I think scientists just ignoring it. Also on the Earth not much magical organizations for work with.

Do you know better places?

Alright, OP. Currently in deep thought inside a deep underground lair right now...but I am drunk enough so...here you go. Everything you seek is to start is in these vids.

First off.
Hail Eris.

Second off.
Touchable Illusion Magic = Femto-second laser holographic fields.

youtube.com/watch?v=AoWi10YVmfE

Fireballs?
youtube.com/watch?v=GS9A1JuOKE8

How to cast lightning bolt? There is a way to make it smaller. I will let you figure it out.

youtube.com/watch?v=R2jlgTA0QtI

How to cast indivisibility:
youtube.com/watch?v=V6p5mbp_M98

Ice magic and flight/Levitation/Telekenisis and summon beast mount and higher level spells:
Those are mine.

Cool Robes:
youtube.com/watch?v=is4PHzSjEH8

Sincerely-
The Arch-Wizard of Discordia

Hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha

P.S

Golem = Robot

>i've never seen any affects that cannot be explained by the ritual affecting consciousness, which then affects the world or perception of it
performance psychology and confirmation bias.

you are correct in accepting that biological and psychological effects or your practice is not magical. see

I'm glad antifa exists.
Now i can go in the appropriate gear and hide it all under a robe, really fuck with them.

Imagine: Klu Klux, the Last white power bender

i love Veeky Forums but hate it when /x/ fuck tards need to come here for answers because their pseudo science bs isn't satisfying them for answers. so far all the "magic" happening they've claimed in this threads posts is psychological. no one is shooting fire balls from their hands and flying to work like fucking superman. so they come here in desperation in hopes real actual science can grant their escape fantasies.

Reminder that Crowley pretended to achieve enlightenment with hard drugs and abusing kids.
Just go with Mr.White

Depends on who you are trying to impress. Whip out a bic lighter in 1400s Europe and you'd probably be burned at the stake as a witch. As for right now, most people outside of mechanics are still baffled by internal combustion engines.
Spoiler - It's a little more complicated than turning the key with the clutch opened.

What people even 500 years ago would call magic we call science. It's just a matter of perception.

Crowley never abused kids, he was trolling. That's all euphemisms for sex-magick with adults

He did do hard drugs, but also meditated a fuck ton.