What does Veeky Forums think about pic related? Other than his gigantism and eyebrows

What does Veeky Forums think about pic related? Other than his gigantism and eyebrows.

Hopscotch is fucking brilliant

Ulysses of the 60s

argie here. is it? what makes it good? I haven't read it yet, I've heard mixed opinions

Surprised Vincent Cassel hasn't played him in a biopic

Cronopios and famas is pretty cute.

He is pretty good but he hasnt aged very well

I hate reading stupid shit like this. I wish phrases like this didn't stick so easily to brainlets.

Ok

I read it when I was 17. It blew my mind and it pretty much got me into literature.

He puts in words a lot of things you think and feel when you're young and he does it pretty well. At least that's what did it for me.

t. chileno

His short stories are really good, Casa Tomada is a classic desu.

What of him was gigantic?

the benis ;)

an the anus hole two

It's pretty well written in general, but the story ew, i'ts like EDGY TEEN - THE BOOK except that the protag is not a teen but a fucking 40 years old faggot. it really hits you when you're young tho.

Not Ulysses from the 60s btw, that is just laughable

is it best to read it the normal way and then follow the list of nonsequential chapters, or vice versa? and how long should I leave before doing the second one?

>Spanish language literature

>not reading Cervantes

The best cortazar is a mediocre borges

Depends, if you're posting on Veeky Forums I guess you already have preference for authors like Joyce, Faulkner, Woolf, Broch, etc, and then you're more than ready to read it the "hard way" (not really hard but anyway) and get into the LOL METAFICTION and Cortazar's theory about active readers. However, if you're more like a light reader, i'd really suggest that you read it only to the chapter 56. Sadly, the book is just more enjoyable this way, and the tablero de dirección it's just for readers that like to jump into the avant garde / posmodern way of reading books.

Ah and I'd said wait at least a year for reading it again the other way

how is it edgy?