The reality of the book industry

>Woman: Oh hi, you're user? The publishers are releasing my book, "Scrumptious Wumptious Clean Eating Goddess Cooking Secrets For #WinningWomen"! I have 50,000 preorders from my Instagram followers alone!
>Man: They're releasing my book, "Sex Secrets of the SAS Endurance Gods" next month.
>Woman: So user, why are you at this publishing party? What book do you have published? Oh... You're just a marketing intern... That's... interesting...

i want to read that SAS book

He's giving corporate seminars for employers such as Goldman Sachs, Bank of England, Toyota etc. so if you're a middled aged Investment Banking Emerging Markets Distressed Debt Associate living in London then you're in luck.

>dudes dating under
Nice world we got here.

I just released my manifesto. It's called 'My Twisted World' and I'm about to do a publicity shoot.

"Publicity shoot"
Haha 10/10 genius user.

kek

Quality post

When I want to publish my book I'm just going to put it in a Mega upload link here and let meme magic take care of the rest

What are you trying to say? That publishing is just as shitty as every other industry? That only shitty, marketable books are being published?

Oh good, something worthwhile came from this thread.

I'll have you know that my book, "10 Ways to Embrace Mediocrity: A Guide to Accepting that You've Failed", is quite popular with philosophy graduates.

I'd probably be super passive aggressive in a situation like this one

>" I think it's great that people are getting into reading with your books. Starting with simple ideas and writing is a good jumping off point to get into the serious stuff. "

"Okay. BTW how's your love life going?"

>"Oh chad, you wouldn't believe how exhausting women can be when you walk around with Post-modernist novels in your hands. They always want to know what you think of them and your interpretation of numerous elements.Truly, I envy you. "

Holyshit, Chad will never recover from this

"Well, at least I'm not morbidly malnourished like you."

>not being thinspo

Chad wouldn't say that.

We're dealing with a bookChad. BookChads know the lingo of linguistic mediocrity.

BookChads don't "know".
They just "be".

I wonder if "I'll have you know" gets ever used in a non-facetious manner

Deep

>Woman
Stopped reading.

My ex left me for a guy that had actually published a "Sex secrets" book.

Guess you should have read it

post book title

>publicity shoot.