What are you going to do after 99...

What are you going to do after 99.9% of the workforce has been automated and you're one of the remaining few with work value still? Does Veeky Forums have post-apocalyptic bunkers built already for when the starving unemployed normies revolt on you?

Academic supported by the state or some billionaire.

This and both.

> raise minimal wage
> robots are now cheaper then humans
Humanity was a mistake.

Ill repair automation machines...

New jobs will emerge, just like when farming got semi-automatized and a shit load of people lost their farming jobs. Old professions die and new professions emerge all the time, and automation will not be any different.

Lewd robot bodyguard harem

That's not how automation works; we aren't talking about automating all current professions, but all professions a human could possibly occupy.

There's always people willing to pay for things made or done strictly by human beings regardless of quality. Just like how some people in America go out of their way to, "buy American!" instead of buying cheaper shit from overseas.

Humans smart not enough. Artificial intelligence can't be created in XXI century imho, therefore humans will suffer from shit worldwide economy and broken ecology.

>You
>Remaining few with work value

Unless you are a plumber or a priest, don't you think you are with value. Automation can simulate smarts, and academic intelligence is but a specialized tool, that makes it easier to fabricate.

Are you a theoretical scientist? You are easy meat.

Are you a teacher/accountant/economist/anything involving just reading stuff and spewing words? You are fresh meat.

Are you a designer? You are vulnerable. And meaty.

The machines will out-compete us, the economy does not care for any single human, consequently it won't care for all of us.

If we get lucky, the powerful will ensure we get some of the machines' production. If we are unlucky, the most callous of the powerful will control the economy, wealth, science and technology. If we are really unlucky they will be replaced too by the unfeeling system we have created, optimizing for the sake of optimization, producing for the sake of production, and eventually degenerating into survival for the sake of evolutive pressures.

Those "buy American" people won't have money to buy from you anymore. That's kind of the whole topic of the thread, brainlet.

I'll probably be killed off in the great wagie purge of 2050.

Yeah except not on the scale true automation would bring, the ops question is fucking dumb though because if 99.9% of the jobs on earth were automated the remaining 0.1 dont have any work value because the economy as we understand it no longer exists. Its like saying yo when post scarcity happens im going to work as a farmer because people will still need food.

>the ops question is fucking dumb though because if 99.9% of the jobs on earth were automated the remaining 0.1 dont have any work value because the economy as we understand it no longer exists.
That was the point of the thread though. The fact work value will no longer matter because everyone else will be unemployed rioters is the problem.

Everybody will spend a lot less time working, get paid more, and everything will be cheaper.

Humans will always be useful for feeding training data to learning machines.

>What are you going to do after 99.9% of the workforce has been automated

This wont happen. Stop falling for the Basic Universal Income propaganda

>tfw work in healthcare
>tfw strong background in science teaching and interpersonal communication
>mfw I will never be replaced by AI because people will always prefer to converse with fellow humans over robots

If all living needs for the entire human race are being provided by robots, wouldn't we just be living in a golden age where people could do whatever they want instead of having to work to survive? The struggle for food and shelter wouldn't exist any more.

>mfw I will never be replaced by AI because people will always prefer to converse with fellow humans over robots

wrong

I play too much stalker

That is until AI can pass the Turing Test.

At that point I would be able to afford security drones to fuck the brainlets shit up

I'd rather talk to a robot than to a human

Machines dont produce value normie!

>after 99.9% of the workforce has been automated
Then productivity will skyrocket and most goods will be virtualy free to produce.

looks comfy

that's like saying you are too happy

that's only if (((they))) cared about you, in reality most unnecessary people will probably be killed off

>People will always prefer to talk with humans over robots

Wrong. We hate to interact with Brainlet Normies. They are annoying.

Specially while shopping in Retail Stores.

In hospitals Brainlet Nurses make mistakes all the time that kills people.

Other Brainlets include:
English Teachers, Taxi drivers, Code Monkeys, Fast Food Workers, Construction Workers, Factory Workers, Farmers, Secretaries, Lawyers.

All of those Brainlets are fucking annoying.

>theoretical scientists are easy meat

Wrong. Computers can not match the creativity that scientists have. Computers are just tools for our calculations.

Computers can not discover or create new theories. Computers can replace an Engineer who just apply & Experimental Scientist.

Theoretical science is the least likely to be automated.

Rural & Factory jobs will be automated first. Then Retails, Finally Experimental Scientists & Code Monkeys.

Theoretical science can't be fully automated. Because it requires creativity that machines don't have.

Why on earth would unemployed people who have all of their needs met for them and are free to pursue whatever their interest fancies become rioters? We are talking about a near utopia.

>who have all of their needs met
Why do you think the owners of the machines would waste resources to have their facilities produce anything for the masses? In your scenario they don't need the masses, neither as workers nor as consumers. Forget your abstract economics for a moment and remember that shit is made out of stuff, and has to be made out of stuff as long as we exist in this particular universe. The elites want to reserve precious resources for themselves, rather than have them used up in a couple generations because eight or nine billion people want to live like texans.

Won't happen in our lifetimes.

>job creation in a stale since 2000
it started already

>muh creativity cant be replicated by machines

what if I can't die

Because of international competition. Not robots.

robots will only exacerbate this

Won't happen in our lifetimes.

Automation kills not creative jobs.

Competition kills creative jobs

You are fucked by one way or another

You are fucked by 2 dicks.

A Pajeet dick & a Robot dick.

Why wouldn't a computer be able to match human creativity? Creativity isn't special.

Just be a NEET to be quite honest

Nobody will care all that much at the slow process of menial labor replacement of today as the mcjobs become mcrobojobs, but once they get serious into replacing the trucking industry with automated self driving trucks I think alot of industries will follow suite.

Got a zinc filled bunker so I can support my massive load spreading for the rest of my days

I don't have work value now and it's quite possible that I never will. Luckily I don't think that work value is the only measure of a person's value.

>he thinks he's worth a damn with 0 marketable skills

>Worthless Job Skills
Enjoy your grim future

As long as you own some real estate or/and get your neetbux that can work out.

they're never going to automate meme creation