Veeky Forums Space Program

Let's make this happen boys. In the conceptual stage right now we need
>a way to get to Mars
>a rocket design
>a spacesuit design
>amazing technological innovation
Tools available to us for advanced concept mapping include MSPaint and Blender. Remember our budget is probably only a few thousand $ realistically, so we need some creative minds to get people to Mars or Titan or whatever.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ammonium_perchlorate_composite_propellant
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Solid fuel only. Ammonium nitrate based.

Bro, we need some blueprints.

How many passengers?

Found a launch site within our budget. If we get a woodcutting firm going simultaneously we could probably keep our expenses down before we become profitable.

Maybe we could spray the logs with antifreeze and use that as a launch tower support? Just brainstorming here

Enough for a sustainable population, so 2 people maybe on our budget? We just need the people with the furthest genetic drift possible to minimise inbreeding symptoms, so like an aboriginal and a finn? Maybe 20 or so is more realistic.

Holy shit.

u-u guys are s-serious about this... r..right guys?

Hueston, we have a solution.
This has taken a lot of collaboration from guys in Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, hell even some NEETs from /r9k/. My boys have been working the graveyard shift to bring you pic related.

We call it "Project Lambo Land". We have devised that with just 3.248 BTC, 9.36 XMR and 6 ETH, we can get this launch date for before Christmas!

So. What say you, OP? You up for the journey of a lifetime?

>>a spacesuit design
We could get a diving jumpsuit and correct for the balls and other parts by using really tight duct tape. You won't be able to shit in it and you'll have to reapply the tape every time you get off the suit, but it's cheap and nobody would be staying in empty space for long anyway. The helmet is a bit tougher. Sincewe're going for a diving suit anyway might as well match the design and use a diving mask under one of those S&M latex masks.

>limiting yourself

I like it, basically the opposite of pic related. That's called thinking outside the box and exactly what we need at this budget.

Will a Wal-Mart wetsuit be good enough to hold everything in in a vacuum? I suppose Mars is a near-vacuum too.

Here's a rough conceptualization of the idea.

We would need to launch this with little to no laws on space travel.

Perfect. Seeing it now I realize it's probably going to be a little awkward to talk over the radio. Meh, who the fuck needs radio anyway. Anybody with photoshop, use the color changing tool to change the skin color to latex black so we can see how the mask and gloves would look like.

need to fully cover skin dumbass

>wood rockets
you smart

Wood can't melt, and is quite light. You're onto something here. We just need a cheap flame retardant to spray it with.

Wood combusts easily.

It's perfect for launch supports then, it can burn all it likes once the rocket is launched. We'll just use a few of the 100,000 trees to build new supports.

What about a materials made to simulate woods lightweight porous structure porous metal lattice sprayed with Zirconium silica ceramic as a heat shield.

Re-bar and concrete on a nano level if you will

The end result would be strong light weight and good up to 1800F and 80-90% air

Using this method could do it

>a way to get to Mars
>a rocket design

Nuclear ramjets.

And how do we build nuclear ramjets on a budget of a few grand and memes?

I was thinking a banana rocket. Potassium 40 releases antimatter every so often while it decays.

Toss bananas into a magnet bottle for containment and wait for the magics to happen.

We need for someone who's living near nuclear power plant to steal some nuclear fuel.

Smoke detectors.

I like the way you think.

Wouldn't you have to super-compress the bananas for any feasible thrust?

Perfect, we can use wood as our solid rocket fuel

lets fucking do this

>not using a NTR engine on everystage

What exactly are we going to do when we get to Mars? Don't tell me you cringelords are going to bring your Kekistani flags.

Don't make a rocket you fucking stupids it won't go anywhere.

You need a Ufo. Go read about impulse electricity and the conjugate field to magnetism.

why AN? Ammonium Perchlorate and Aluminum is what they used for the space shuttle boosters

>not using hydrazine

So currently our proposed fuel options are:

Ammonium-nitrate based solid fuel
Wood
Nuclear ramjets (stolen nuclear material?)
Bananas
Impulse electricity and magnetism
Hydrazine
Ammonium Perchlorate

Now which one gets us the highest thrust/$ ratio?

We still need designs/proposals for
>the launch stage
>the IPV (interplanetary vehicle) and it's life support/habitation for a 3-month transfer window (unless an entrepeneur here can cut down interplanetary travel time)
>landing system
>self-sustaining colony
Remember guys it's not an easy space program but Titanic wasn't built in a day so put your heads together and find some innovative solutions that keep costs down.

Oh we also need a badge for the first mission. No test runs, gotta keep costs down.

:)

RP-1/HTP

If we send our flying objects from some unsophisticated backwater country like USA, they'll all be automatically unidentified without resorting to magic (except in the eyes of the locals)

I'd prefer to go with as simple a design as we can to cut down on points of failure. Sea Dragon instead of Space Shuttle.

All you need to do first is make a small thing lift up.
I would start by getting the magnetism out of electricity.

That gives us a 550-ton payload to orbit, nice. How do we build it out of affordable materials though, aerated clay maybe? We could get it from the river that presumably runs through

Probably best to use parts of ships sent to the breakers in india.

if we make a sea dragon we can make it out of (comparatively cheap) steel, and we wouldn't even need complex turbo pumpd

Clearly we just need to double jump off each other until we reach it.
NASA think too much chemistry instead of simple high-school physics.

this is probably a joke thread but somebody already tried doing orbital launches on a budget, they rented a site in congo and literally just filled metal tubes with pressurized fuel. Inefficient but cheap and it did actually work but the CIA shut it down. Can't have people making budget ICBMs in tinpot dictatorships. I forgot the name, it was a bunch of West Germans that tried it in the 70s.

If NASA can waste this much money on a comparatively useless piece of technology, we can spend tiny amounts of money on a Mars mission.

Fuck that just buy a bunch of tannerite at walmart. Tannerite is ammonium perchlorate and aluminum powder, just what you need to make to make high quality solid rocket fuel.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ammonium_perchlorate_composite_propellant

Isn't throttling an issue with solid fuels? And stopping/starting your engine?

Before you guys get too far into your designs you need to go watch a couple of episodes of "Salvage One," where Andy Griffith builds a spaceship and has exciting adventures for 16 episodes.

Some of their ideas on cheap ship design might be worth considering, or might inspire better ideas.

Just watched a few minutes -- damn, I had forgotten how totally crappy that was. I mean, you'd expect it to be pretty crappy, but still...

If we really needed to go we would orion that shit.

Sure, taking off like that puts radiation in the atmosphere, but we already did like 10.000 nuclear tests just for the hell of it, whats a coujple more gonna do