GPA?

What are/were your GPA's and do they matter.

Some explain GPA's and how they are marked to a britbong

2.5 and yes

GPA stands for General Penis Aptitude. The scale is 0-4.0. Zero is excellent, and four is unacceptable.

The score is marked by biannual inspections which usually take place in the client's home at random. If you see a large van with the words UPIA (United Penis Inspectors of America) pull up your driveway the standard procedure is to remove your pants and underwear and lie supine. Unlocking your doors is unnecessary, as UPIA has master keys to their client's homes.

After 4 years and 8 inspections your scores are averaged and you and your spouse receive a report in the mail with your GPA.

You better hope it's low or you'll be put on probation, which means you wear an electronic ankle bracelet for a while, but you get used to it.

Protip: do not try to take it off haha

for grad school I would say yes.

What did he mean by this?

>All those decimals
You insecure about something, user?

2.4 and no. Went straight to grad school and squeaked out a 3.0 and now have a good job in my field. Never put my GPA on my resume.

2nd year and 3.0. I wanna say yes but someone tell me no. I want to get an internship (from CAnada btw) and not fail at life.

4.0 and i hope so because im working entirely too hard if they don't. electrical engineering Master's program concentrating on antennas/electromagnetics btw

Had a 3.9 until Senior year then i got lazy and graduated with a 3.3

Meh. Jobs don't care that much, stay over a 3.0

>2.17
Help. Physics major. This is the lowest it's ever been. By a long shot.

And no as long as you're over 3.0. Which I'll probably achieve by the end of this semester.

God damn just camp out in your professor's office hours at this point.

CSfag here, have a 2.5 GPA and already work for a Fortune 500 before graduating.
GPA only matters if you've nothing else to show for yourself.

He tried to be funny, doesnt seem to have worked.

what field?

tell me your secrets user, i'm a cs major with a 2.45

I got cum laude on my BS. I might be able to get summa cum laude on my Masters.

Engineering.

CS major with a 3.4, the only classes I get less than a b are fucking cultural classes and since I live in Southern California the only cultures I'm allowed to learn about are African, Latin American, and Japanese/Chinese. Also I hope it matters, I dont have any internships or cool projects with my name on it.

Only thing that matters is which PHENOTYPE you have

3.3 in undergrad, went to med school. shit is easy.

No GPA yet, I don't consider myself a strong student but I try. Considering I'm getting into software, is GPA that important. Also, how hard is it to get a 3.0+ GPA

>3.3 in undergrad, went to med school. shit is easy.
I'm graduating with a similar GPA. How to get into med school? MCAT?

>He doesn't copy paste his GPA off his transcripts in order to ensure maximum accuracy

Found the fucking engineering student.
Rounding Pi to 3 doesn't make you're 1.981 a fucking 4.0.

>you're
At least Engineers can write correctly.

HAAHHGHA ENGINER IS BUTT HURT, BECAUSE HE HOMOSECKS!!!!!

Does high school GPA even matter if you're going to a Community College first, don't care about paying and have an average GPA?

*sips tea*
Uhmm, no sweetie. I have nothing to be butthurt over when I'm getting all that green while you are starving to death.

3.52 in EE Physics dual.

Is GPA important if I'm trying to get into a top-tier grad school? I'm not putting myself through however many more years of homework and shit to go to a mediocre school.

2.5. Undergrad. CS degree.
I've heard it's important for your first job.

Had a 4.2 in high school, trying to get a 4.0 this first semester.

Physics major / math minor
3.3 GPA.

Currently in my last year of uni. S

~3.75 CS - Yes for grad school, but internships/ research, etc should take precedence over maintaining high GPA.

Experience > GPA

Bout a year left in my double major in Physics and Applied Math

Am I cucked for grad school?

4.0, but im at CC getting my associates in Software so I can start as a junior at purdue. CC is full of tards so its easy

Depends what kind of school. 2.8 doesn't look terrible if it's from an extremely rigorous program. If it's from a 2nd tier school, it probably won't look so good, but I would still apply. 3rd tier (most state schools, ect) I would consider a different route.

Ultimately, however, your research will say more about you than your marks, if you do any.

how did you get into med school with a 3.3. Is it just that easy in America?

In Canada you need at least a 3.8 to even approach being competitive

UK fag here
3.8 GPA (converted)

Math/Psy
They matter for grad programs but most the time you can get away with having enough experience lmao

3.85, it helped me in the fact that I graduated magna cum laude but that's about it

Graduated with a 2.97. Decided to do a PhD in a different field, so redoing undergraduate studies in this field to get into grad school. So far, have what would be a 4.0. Started taking school seriously.

>I got cum laude on my BS
i hope no one heard you

double cringe

Who knows. I'm getting recruited for grad school by the professors at my university who teach the grad courses. I thought 3.37 was too low for grad school, but mechanical engineering is a tough, but forgiving bitch.

he said cum

after your first job no one will ever ask for your gpa again, does that sound important to you?

"""c""""""s""" junior, 3.97 without studying seriously
and the only course that wasn't an A was some shitty humanities course

I liked it.

might as well send in mcdonalds applications as well

How do you convert to US standard?

I'm predicted a 2.1 and interested in going to the States, does anyone know how to convert that to GPA?

just don't list your GPA on you CV

3.6 currently (4th year undergrad). Biology major. Pre-med, so I actually had to take some of the hard classes.

Graduated with a 3.97 in chemical engineering with a specialization in petroleum
Got lots of offers in a tight job market, so yes