Mfw fell for the engineering is easy meme

>mfw fell for the engineering is easy meme

But that's actually true.

It's "easy" in the sense that you don't really need a lot of deep thought to pass it. Though, you need to be pretty industrious and organized if you plan to survive the courseload.

user... I don't know how to tell you this...

There's absolutely nothing difficult to comprehend in engineering.

The difficulty is in executing the fucking mountain of work they're going to give you to do.

these

>It's "easy" in the sense that you don't really need a lot of deep thought to pass it

Jesus Christ.

Are you supposed to impress people here? Maybe retarded biologyniggers but even chemists laugh at this.

To be fair though, what undergrad degree requires large amounts of deep thinking?

That formulas look pretty intimidating but engineers never know what they actually mean; for them, that formulas are nothing but black boxes spitting the correct result after they put data in.

Only Math and Physics.

Mannnnn I did this back in High School a long time ago. If you think this is difficult, you're a brainlet.

>I did this back in High School
You did what in high school exactly?

This. American education is shite.

Do they not do proofs in Amerifat engineering? They prove all formulas here in Europe

Of course they do. Veeky Forums only pretends to have any sort of educational experience or credentials. Nobody here actually went to uni.

you do.

the only people shitting on engineering are assblasted natsci majors.

t. natsci/engineering double major

This is fucking elementary school stuff user, are you kidding me?

>he didn't have his parents teach him this when he was a toddler

This, hardest class I had was electromagnetics.
The real hard part is attempting to balance every single thing youre forced to do, and getting little sleep because its all just spread out enough to stack up.

>double major
So you like being jewed out of your money? Ok.

uh most good schools you just pay per the semester not per the hour. I finished in 4.5 years anyways.

>tfw worst subject in HS was math, by far (I still got low A's but not without working my ass off - far more than should've been required for highschool math)
>go into engineering
>get ass handed to me but still pass

that said, engineering school made me develop some serious OCD
i had "ticks" and dressed very comfortably (looked homeless) all in the effort of achieving maximum focus and having as little distractions as possible

now im working as a municipal engineer
and miserable

guess i won?

nope, NA babbies still need differential/integral rule sheets to bring to tests

This. I hate my fucking life right now. I probably get like 5 -6 hours of sleep most nights due to the ridiculous amount of hw. None of it even difficult just tedious

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to get a Engineering degree.

What are you pursuing? What's it like in terms of your courseload, your GPA, your tuitions and your overall mental health? I've been considering doing a double major for ChemE (for job opportunities) and Chemistry degree (for being able to research interesting shit).

I am pursuing a PhD in biotech. It was definitely difficult. I worked most summers in a lab for some rent money and took one or two classes every summer.

However, if you pick your courses carefully and pick a good major combination i.e. ChE + Chem or MchE + Math you can definitely do it in less than 5 years without taking more than 14hrs a semester.

I spent most my free time playing WoW and stuff with my then-gf and wife at the time. But if I was not a an assburger I'd probably have a decent social life. Further, I wasn't much a drinker when I was just a biochem major. I started drinking a lot more after engineering.

Also, I want to add that you might not find much value in getting that Chem degree if you don't think you'll pursue a graduate degree. Honestly, I would have learned almost the same amount if I just took chemE and like an extra 3 bio courses instead of an entirely extra major.

This. Also, have fun not understanding your Indian and Chinese professors at your low-budget school

Get an internship

Hey I go to Purdue too lol

Is the engineering program good?

>Assuming you majored

I'm in cs A lot of my friends are in engineering It's a good program but just a ton of work I mean a suicide tier amount of work Kind of the same with how cs is If I could back in time I would have went to UIUC Wisconsin or Iowa and most of my friends in engineering here would agree too

> Do mech eng for a year
> Math is pretty manageable (did well in calc 3 and linalg)
> The subject content fucking sucks
> I don't give one iota of a fuck about rotational and angular velocities or any of that bullshit
> Take an economics unit as an elective
> Actually interesting
> Drop out of engineering, major in eco/finance
> Course is infinitely more interesting and easier
> Have a graduate job lined up while my engineering mates busting their asses every night

Engineering is a meme unless you're willing to give up every other facet of your life. Even then, it isn't worth it.

Study economics/finance/stats/math, much easier and more interesting and arguably better career outcomes.

It´s mechanics. Learn physic to be good at it. learn electricity, it is really simple: a "circle" of wires connected to users and levers, and a security levers that jump to unconnected if neccesary. Gears are used and electro motors or otto motors or diesel motors. Keep the moving parts moving if necessary with your own muscles. You could tell me what you want to build and i`ll tell you how it is done in abstraction. A small gear added to a moving bigger gear is circeling more than the bigger gear in reverso the bigger gear is circeling slower, a translation of my german words for it is underscaled and upperscaled, first is as last mentioned and second as you must know. If a metal stick is added to the gear you can move something in the direction you like, and if a metal stick is added to this stick you can move something into another direction. Ego excusere quid superscalerii abstract.

>math
>stats
>easier that engineering
Stop false flagging you stupid engineer brainlet cuck

I wish for the sciences the exam would be oral based as opposed to writing paragrapghs down, not including math because for more mathy subjects yeah you need to get tested on problems, but oral shit like biology/chem/geology/E&M would make more sense

CS is king. You fucked up, OP.

i cucked math majors out of internships lmao. a BS in math is useless

I found the maths in engineering easy as fuck, but the mechanics fucking rekt me so I left. Just wasn't made for it I suppose.

Math and Econ or Math and Finance is king

meth heads cannot comprehend that math is easier than physics and engineering because you can go full autismo. With the other 2 you need to think "outside of the box" so to speak.

spherical harmonics and legendre polynomials are literally "look for a known answer in this table"-tier

>dressed very comfortably (looked homeless) all in the effort of achieving maximum focus and having as little distractions as possible
me2

user, 100 is not the maximum

Your Bmi is higher.

Holy shit, kid. You get some good sleep, sounds like. When I was doing undergrad engineering, I averaged about 3 hours a night during my senior year.

Give tips on how to dress comfy.

Go to a top engineering uni and can still get 8 hours of sleep. You guys have bad time management.

I've started micro dosing mdma to keep up with the work load. The only difficult aspect of it is the fluid dynamics but the rest is just tedium

>the Molly Mechanical Engineer's Ecstacy
I like it

Hahah, I was the opposite OP.

Ec and Fi first year, but I really missed maths with chemistry/physics applications.

Switched to Mech Eng, have my 3rd year placement lined up for January while all my friend who are now graduating Ec and Fi are struggling to get jobs.

Guess it depends on the job market in your country too

i over eat when i get nervous to boot.

this