Are magnetic fields affected by the warping of space-time caused by massive objects?

Are magnetic fields affected by the warping of space-time caused by massive objects?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WbmFIVVid4w
youtube.com/watch?v=Pb69HENUZs8
earthscience.stackexchange.com/questions/239/impossible-or-improbable-hurricane-crossing-the-equator
youtube.com/watch?v=vrqmMoI0wks
youtu.be/KAjw3WFgVa4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Everything is.

There is no warped space-time.

First of all time isn't a physical dimension.
Second of all space can't bend.

Fields interact with fields. That's all.

Gravity fucks with time.

What field determines objective location of objects with mass?

How can it mess with time?

Time is a measurement, there is nothing physical about it, it can't be warped or slowed.

Gravity is just fields interacting, on both an outer an inner molecular level.
The 'mass' of something is just its density so to speak. There is no real mass to anything.

>what are relativistic reference frames
Clocks or twins on spaceships etc etc approach c etc etc

I think the only dense thing here is you

Alright, you put a clock on a spaceship and tell me how it goes.

> He hasn't covered relativity

a clock on a spaceship is worthless cos it tells the time the earth takes to spin around, exactly what time are you measuring with an earth clock on a space ship

>He fell for the circular logic or gravity inducing gravity
>Muh Atomic clock conjecture

> implying I said anything of the sort

Does it matter?
All time is going to be referenced to something. Anyone born on Earth will use the Earth day cycle as a reference point so using an Earth clock on an Earthling populated space ship as as good as anything.

Now if you come from a planet with a 40 hour day then I would expect you to have a 40 hour based clock on your spaceship.

Two clocks are set to 0000Z, one is placed on a bedstand on Earth and the other is placed on the bridge of the Millennium Falcon. Chewbacca promises not to fuck with the settings.
After several Solar Years of space adventures, the Millennium Falcon comes back to Earth to compare their clocks. They will show different values, because shit that fucks with space also fucks with time.

Faggot

So?

To the members of the Millennium Falcon every second that ticked on that clock was a second they experienced.

The only real problem is no different from fucking timezones.

But time is just a measurement. If the measurement is constrained to physical properties (gears on a clock, pendulum, silicon/quartz frequency) then of course the measurement has changed.

If you bring a pendulum into space and notice that it's not swinging as much anymore, that is not indicative of that motion being completely separated from the rest of existence in any way.

Everything moves at once. Every single motion in existence s happening all in the same moment.
You cannot separate motion from motion because time is exactly that, motion measured against another motion.
As soon as you remove that, it doesn't work. You can't measure time if it's literally segregated because you lose the simple reference.

And you can't act on space. You can only fill it. Space is inert.

Space doesn't exist. It has no properties and acts on nothing.
Time doesn't exist. A measurement is not a thing that does something.

Massive objects that cause "gravity" is no different than a magnet "attracting" another magnet. The magnet has a large amount of coherent matter because of the aligned structure of the iron. A large mass has a large amount of incoherent matter, but when you spin it like a gyroscope it becomes coherent and will act much like the magnet.

listen to this nigga.

Things can only be fucked with if they exist.
Like time.

Gravity is significantly different from magnetic attraction. For one thing magnetism has poles, plural. While a monopole could theoretically exist one has never been observed.

The important thing about magnetism is that magnets can attract each other and repel each other.

If gravity is just magnetism, or even works under the same rules as magnetism, then gravitational repulsion would have to exist.

Long and short of it, we have no observed anything spontaneously leaving Earth and your theory is bollocks.

There's no difference between magnetism and gravity, in a general sense, they're the same field.
The Earth's field should be the same shape as a magnet in the same shape of the Earth, to a degree. Who knows how much the sun and other planets effect the field.

Gravity has poles. You see it in how water drains. You see how water drains right on the equator or how people can't hold their balance on the equator.

Those same centripetal movements on both poles and the radial movement in on the center circumference is exactly the same as a magnet.
The field is dynamic, it's moving. Spinning. It's not static/still.

>gravity and magnetism are the same field

Don't listen to the theories where they try and obfuscate all the forces into separate things.
It's all the same thing, it's that same underlying field pattern through everything.

You just need more experiments on it all. As it stands, there's really very little.

>take my unsupported hypothesis as objective truth

>You see how water drains right on the equator or how people can't hold their balance on the equator.
That's pretty much bullshit.

>The Earth's field should be the same shape as a magnet in the same shape of the Earth, to a degree.
Except it isn't, at all. We know what the shape of the magnetic field of a magnet looks like. We can demonstrate it easily with iron dust, and that doesn't match Earth's gravity at all.
>Who knows how much the sun and other planets effect the field.
In measurable ways that show no pattern to distances to the sun and other planets.

It's not my hypothesis, it's just the work of other people.
You start by asking whether the magnetic field is actually moving, start by finding out what it is.
Experiments with hydrogen bubbles show how both poles of a magnet spin in opposing directions.

Then you go into simple experiments with paramagnetic materials and magnetic materials, see where they attract and repel along the field.

You'll find that there are two fields in essence embedded in the field itself.
There's an older book about the computer imaging of these two fields at the poles, both moving opposite to each other, hard to explain.
Some other book about the centers of magnets.
Older electrical engineering texts state the same, about the two fields being induced in simple circuitry examples (Electricity and Matter, Theory and Calculation of Transient Electric Phenomena and Oscillations).

Experimentation with the field shows a direct similarity to the field of the Earth.

So by extension, artificial gravity is possible via strong electromagnets.
I don't buy it.

Water just drains right down on the equator. Maybe you can attribute that to a sort of Coriolis effect, but I don't buy it with the work done on fields and magnets. It's too similar.

The filings show a 2 dimensional picture of a portion of the field, the lines the now magnetized iron filings are attracted to.
You should be able to see the effect of used shavings of a real dense metal/mineral. Maybe dense is the wrong word, I forget the name of any, but it should organise in a different manner around the magnet.

Solar flares and planetary alignment apparently do heavy things to the Earth, I just haven't researched much there.

That may be fine and all when it comes to magnetism but how does that relate to gravity?

(It doesn't.)

No one is doubting Earth has a magnetic field. We can all detect it really simply. But nothing indicates any relation between the magnetic field and gravity.

>Water just drains right down on the equator. Maybe you can attribute that to a sort of Coriolis effect,
Assuming the vessel being drained contains perfectly still water that is exactly what I would attribute it to because it is well understood as the fucking reason.

It should also drain right down directly on the North and South Poles.

There is a different electrical current that can apparently push back on natural things, things that wouldn't be effected by magnetism for example, like your hand or a leaf.

Gravity is most likely the movement to an 'Aetheric Void', you could call it space-time if you wanted to keep the relativistic aspects intact or keep people happy.

But you need more experiments. Because then you start talking about hollow planets and hollow suns and this and that.

Gravitational and electric fields look similar because they both have an 1/r^2 dependency.
Also, coming back to the OPs question,
1.yes gravity influences magnetic fields because they are transmitted by photons which have energy and are thus influenced by gravity
2.all this spacetime bending is because we observed that the gravitational field described above is just an approximation. At high energies, the two fields are not looking that similar anymore.
3.can your theory make more accurate predictions than GR? If no, come back with a better one.
4.if you want to make a point, make sure you understand the subject well enough to give better explanations than "there are these books, it's complicated"
5.faggot

If we go by the old texts I mentioned, magnetism is seen as the antithesis to gravity (gravity being the downward, centripetal motion).
And gravity would be the other side of magnetism in this field, this field that's everywhere.

Take a spherical magnet, and a metal pin.
You'll see that the pin, doesn't want to go to the center of the magnet, the center being the middle circumference of the sphere. It wants to go to the poles. It won't want to sit at the center or the very top or bottom.

If we go back to the example of the equator, you can see that people can't hold their balance while they walk on the equator. They pivot between the poles so to speak.

But if we take a paramagnetic material back to the magnet, we see it wants to go to the center and the very tip of both poles.
Now if we go back to the equator, another larger paramagetic block or something, it should drop faster to the equator than it would off the equator.

But those properties exist exactly on the magnet too.
You can say Coriolis Effect, but that's a dead end.
Might as well assume it's electric in nature and go with it. Electricity isn't well l understood anyway.

If troll, nice.
If not, kill yourself

>If we go back to the example of the equator, you can see that people can't hold their balance while they walk on the equator.
But that is bullshit. People can walk along the equator just fine.

Sorry user, I forget a lot of the books, I'll go find some.
But you need to get rid of the photon too. It's compartmentalizing the phenomena away from the field.
The introduction of particles into metaphysical things like light, electricity and gravity hurts the understanding, because they're all intrinsically linked.

Concepts like space literally bending, time distorting and the duality between aether concepts and particle concepts are hurtful to people trying to understand things.

They're very simple experiments.
youtube.com/watch?v=WbmFIVVid4w

Related videos show how you can balance small objects on the line as well.

Yeah I saw that and it was hilariously stupid.

I watched a video "demonstrating" how the water drained straight on the equator as well and when he drained the water he did it on the equator first and the water in the basin was pretty still. Then on the Southern side of the equator he poured the water in from the Northern side of the basin and didn't wait for the water to settle completely before draining it. On the Northern side of the equator he poured the water from the Southern side of the basin and again didn't wait for it to settle completely.

So the spin as it drained is just as likely to be due to the side he poured the water in from than anything else.

> gravity has poles
> people can't hold their balance at the equator
This is some high grade shit, you got skills bro.

Well this is the first result, somewhere in Keyna.
youtube.com/watch?v=Pb69HENUZs8
You can see he stabilises the water.

I don't know what you're saying though, you can do this experiment anywhere and just compare it do water draining in the opposite hemisphere.
Tornadoes and things follow the same pattern.

Gravity has poles, it's the same as a magnet.
These people are just walking off balance.

Then you have to explain why certain things are lighter at the equator, even if only by a small amount.

What happens if a tornado starts in one hemisphere, and crossing the equator to the other?

Northern hemisphere should be counter clockwise due to Coriolis, Southern clockwise.
He has it backwards.

I don't think any hurricane has crossed the equator. Feel free to look it up, I can't find anything on it except this.
earthscience.stackexchange.com/questions/239/impossible-or-improbable-hurricane-crossing-the-equator

>Then you have to explain why certain things are lighter at the equator, even if only by a small amount.
Because the earth bulges at the equator, so objects at the equator are a little farther from earth's center of gravity than elsewhere. Moron.

The point is the water spins at one side, spins the other way a the other, and drains straight down on the equator.

So the Earth just bulges across this thin line?
This effect isn't over four kilometers, it's a line. Maybe a meter at best.

Don't just explain looking into things with dumb shit.
>The Earth bulges around the middle
The Earth is a circle, like the moon or the sun or any other planet in the system.

The fact that it is wrong suggests he is affecting it in some way.

>The Earth is a circle, like the moon or the sun or any other planet in the system.
The Earth is an oblate spheroid.

And gravity maps of the Earth don't suggest that gravity is specifically weaker around the equator so it's probably just FUD.

How is it wrong? I can pull up 20 different videos of the same stupid experiment from all sorts of countries and tourist spots.
You go look at it instead. Or don't. Whatever.

>So the Earth just bulges across this thin line?
So you can't read simple sentences correctly and you don't know the shape of the planet you're living on? Truly pathetic.

NASA says the human body weights 0.3 percent less at the equator. Other articles vary from 0.3 to 0.5.

The statement is that at the equator, you are 21 kilometers further out due to the earth's spin, thus the change in weight.
The changes should be measurable on a curve, peaking at the actual equator, but no evidence is there to suggest that.

Then you have to measure weight of things at other points 21 kilometers up and corroborate them.
What does this thing weigh on a plane? On a mountain summit?
On a plane above the equator? On a mountain on the equator, next t the equator, out from the equator.

>from all sorts of countries and tourist spots.
That's the problem. They're all tourist spots which means people trying to get money.

I've seen experiments done and it is a real thing, but it isn't such a large effect as they show and definitely not that close to the equator.

I don't understand. It's just water down a bowl.
There's no conspiracy to it, it's water. A meter away from the equator on both sides.

It's an attraction, run by people who are trying to earn a living.

Where are the videos of people trying it for themselves?

Jesus fuck, did nobody learn relativity in High School? Did they stop teaching the basics of spacetime? Or is this just more religious contrarian electric universe bukkshit spreading its tendrils across Veeky Forums again?

youtube.com/watch?v=vrqmMoI0wks

It's a fucking BOWL
What would you do different if you had the chance to do it yourself, huh?

I'd get a plain bowl, for one. Not one with spirals painted on it because that could be affecting the flow of water as it heads towards the drain.

>One clock faster than the other
>Time must have speed up

Cool story.

True. We could draw the spirals upwards and see how that goes.

Moron

A propagating gravitational wave will change the local metric of spacetime, effecting the field configuration of an electromagnetic system.

In the same sense, a high enough energy density stored in electric and magnetic field will generate its own gravity. It's just that you would need charge and current scales much much much larger than is typically studied in a laboratory on earth to effect measurable changes in earth's gravitational field.
You would need a neutron star or a charged (also possibly spinning) black hole.

So the answer is yes. A charge moving back and forth creates both electromagnetic waves and gravitational waves. EM waves because it is charged, and GR waves because it has mass. The total energy sent out in these waves is just mainly in EM waves. THe fraction of energy sent out in GR waves would be something like 1 in a billion billion billion billion.... etc. It's impossible to detect for a single charge.

I know you are being facetious but it is an actual issue.
Depending how it is painted or finished water flowing over the painted stripes may speed up or slow down depending on the resistance relative to the rest of the bowl. Because the north and south bowls are painted in a spiral this might be enough to induce a spiral flow in the water.

Of course, this isn't the only way you could induce it. Maybe I'll try buying a few bowls from the dollar store and test it.

Do Ghosts Exist? Exploring the Paranormal: youtu.be/KAjw3WFgVa4

More proofs here

School is for learning like weight watchers is for losing weight. Or a multilevel marketing business is for making money, or getting married is about getting laid for life

We use time dialation formulas in satilite communications. If gravity didnt fuck with time, your gps (as its currently calculated) would be off on your location by several miles.

That's mostly a myth. Use Google if you want to know the details.

No, it's not. He's correct. Every satellite in geosynchronous orbit is moving fast enough to be thrown off by relativistic time effects. Do you want us to "use google" to find some flat earth blog saying satellites aren't real?