Is this the greatest piece of philosophy mankind has ever produced?

Is this the greatest piece of philosophy mankind has ever produced?

Other urls found in this thread:

itunes.apple.com/us/itunes-u/historical-jesus/id384233911?mt=10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No.

>path to salvation
>probably literally inspired by god
>just "philosophy"

No it's not "philosophy", it's salvific theology, which is two tiers above philosophy.

>implying god exists
wew

nice extra edge buddy wew

if you knew what God meant you would know he exists necessarily. In fact he's realer than you and anything else. God is the realest.

Existence is not a predicate you cretin.

wew

Okay? Explain.

if you knew what Allah meant you would know he exists necessarily. In fact he's realer than you and anything else. Allah is the realest.

the idea of Allah points man to the Absolute or the origin of all things, and towards immanent Justice with its complement, Mercy; this is all that is needed to show that Islam, though it does not possess the full truth of God and his personhood — nonetheless possesses some of the reality or essence of God implicitly.

the idea of God points man to the Absolute or the origin of all things, and towards immanent Justice with its complement, Mercy; this is all that is needed to show that Christianity, though it does not possess the full truth of Allah and his personhood — nonetheless possesses some of the reality or essence of Allah implicitly.

I wish I could have a legitimate salvation experience, where I could realize the closeness of God, and rest my mind from worry and doubt.

As it is I feel like a hypocrite when I go to church.

Gotta give the desert dwellers credit: their shitty lore keeps suboptimal minds whirring about themselves even in current year 2017.

itunes.apple.com/us/itunes-u/historical-jesus/id384233911?mt=10

Thomas Sheehan argues that Jesus was exposed to Neo-Platonic thinking when he was a a day laborer in Sepphoris, and that he synthesized that thinking with John the Baptist's teachings.

>Jesus circa 1st century was exposed to neo-platonism
>"Neoplatonism is a modern term used to designate a tradition of philosophy that arose in the 3rd century AD and persisted until shortly after the closing of the Platonic Academy in Athens in AD 529 by Justinian I"

in fact our modern minds have become sub-optimal in this kali yuga of ours. the ancients thought much more clearly and their intuition was on point

>he actually thinks Jesus was born in 1 AD
ok friend

why doubt it?
all sources put him in the 1st century mate, that's why our calendar is based on him

Feck no

No, he was born ~5 BC.

Word to the Virgin Mother. Yo.

1/ read the Tao Te Ching
2/ compare all available translations
3/ ????
4/ profit

*tips baseball cap*

If it wasn't for the book of proverbs, i'd cast it into the fire. It was the /pol/ of it's time