Favorite thing of Japanese "true" sushi

In fact, it is well different from the sushi of "the genuine article" in them though there is a person saying "salmon" and "eel".

The original "Edomae sushi" is a cuisine handling only the fish of the sea, and eels are things arranged later.It is same as California roll.

Though I am a Japanese loving both the salmon and the eel, I want to solve only the misunderstanding.

Norway contributes to the fact that salmon sushi is eaten more now. Thank you very much!
...I'm sorry, it is almost machine translation in English that is strange.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/jul/25/japanese-chefs-high-street-sushi-taste-test
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

In flyover USA people prefer unagi because it's far from the ocean and unagi (that comes out of a plastic frozen bag) is the only sushi that isn't terrible tasting

Sushi is another simple thing completely overblown. It was invented to be street food. I don't see a problem with enjoying rolls more than the "real" sushi. You can only do so much with rice and fish. Someone should teach that Jiro guy the law of diminishing returns.

Your Engrish is pretty good.
Don't worry about it.

>You can only do so much with bread, flour, and yeast

>oh look, we put yellowtail on it this time!

Fuck off

>The original "Edomae sushi"
So, you either know nothing about sushi, or you're just a Yohei shill? Yohei-zushi was an attempt to copy Osaka-style oshizushi using the diversity of fresh seafood available from Tokyo bay. Oshizushi used freshwater fish as well as saltwater fish and also used cooked and preserved ingredients, making this practice a more authentic one than raw seafood on sushi.

Salmon, though, is totally a modern Norwegian invention, I agree with you there. It was introduced to try and stimulate commercial interest in Norway's failing salmon industry.

>sushi
>street food
define street food, because sushi is quite the opposite...

theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/jul/25/japanese-chefs-high-street-sushi-taste-test

>it's just fish and ri-

>Obviously never had sushi at a place that didn't also serve thai food

You've never had good sushi

God, why is everyone so autistic about food?

Hi here in (country diffrent from yours) we make are food a little diffrent to suit are pallets better
>what!? NO NO NO NO NO! I INVENTED IT YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT MY WAY!! RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEE

>are pallets

Changing things to suit dumb retards with no taste makes them objectively worse.

>are food
>are
This is embarassing for you

On an anonymous website my lack of "our" means nothing

As for you, where do you come from? Do you honestly think your country is perfect? Like nothings ever been changed to suit you in the history of your history?

You know it well! The history is surely older oshizushI.
I am glad to listen to a story of The oshizushI because I am from Osaka.
But I think that unfortunately "sushi" recognized in the world "nigirizushi". Therefore I did not think that a talk of the oshizushi was turned on.

What I wanted to say is that "salmon" and "eel" are actually born being arranged like a California role.

Food that you eat off the street.

>On an anonymous website my lack of "our" means nothing
Long term I guess, but you'll always know.

Eel is delicious but it is endangered now

I know Japan is stubborn about whaling, but is there any effort to use more sustainable fish in sushi?

>tilapia sushi

>every couple of months some weeb butthead runs his post through google translate a few times and plays pretend

>japan isn't a real place and anyone claiming otherwise must be a weeb
As someone who grew up surrounded by Japanese-Americans and traveling to Japan multiple times throughout my childhood and teen years, I'm endlessly amused by the level of shut-in flyover delusions I see here.

Let me guess, you're still coming to grips with the fact that limes exist and if someone pronounces a "foreign" word in a way that even slightly agrees with the actual pronunciation, it's pretentious?

It is a special class in Japan to use the eel for sushi as it writes it at the top. Originally it "conger eel" to have used.
So I think that it is approximately unrelated to sushi about the extinction of the eel.

A problem will be one of kabayaki and unaju...

i have to say, as a new yorker born from immigrant parents your post cut me real deep. anywho, i lurk enough to have seen this exact same style of thread multiple times. they always die fast and the ops usually abandon them after like three posts probably to go shitpost somewhere else. like seriously why would a japanese person come here to ck of all boards when they have their own site on top of that

>as a new yorker born from immigrant parents
Oh, no wonder, you live in Queens and your primary exposure to Japanese stuff is going to Anime Castle in Flushing and maybe that one time you braved the big city and ventured to Ippudo to see what all the hype was about

>hating on limes

Fuck you user.

currently upper west side of Manhattan, raised in washington heights, and my fiance's name is yuki :^) just got back from hokkaido last week, was pretty fun. i know you want to desperately believe that everyone on the internet that disagrees with you is a bitter social retard but that isn't always the case. have a nice day though, this is wasting both your and my time along with solving absolutely nothing.

god this girl is so fucking sexy. puke some more bb.

>my fiance's name is yuki
is she hypoallergenic?

My favorite thing about sushi is that I'm often not the one making it. Ever tried making sushi at home? Even with the freshest fish and a precise rice recipe it never tastes as nice as the stuff you get from the sushi chef that prepares them everyday.
Whereas with most other restaurant dishes I can replicate at home and have it taste identical. Sushi is just one of those items where miniscule amounts of detail and knowledge from repetition makes all the difference.

For nigiri, sure. I've made it a few times and it's not as easy as it looks on paper

For sashimi you just need a really sharp knife and really good fish

My father is a cook who has more than 40 years of career. He was serving as a chef at a premium restaurant where the Imperial family would go.
But say that even such a man can not grasp just like a craftworker who only made sushi.
Even the temperature of the gripping hand is used ... It is a world we can not imagine for the general public either.

did your dad also work at nintendo

Food sold on the streets, which Sushi was and is from at least the Edo period onward.