Alcohol

>alcohol
Why do people drink this meme tier poison?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0OSnAPxyMzo
youtube.com/watch?v=9rmF0RnKwHU&t
youtube.com/watch?v=NxNsMDfBrBM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>shitposting
Why do people post these garbage threads?

Cultural traditions mostly. Once upon a time it was pretty necessary and ubiquitous.

the church found it to be a good way to pacify people in order for them to predate on them.

>meme tier
>Reddit frog
Checks out.
You're a cock.

wp user
here's your (You)

also saged

Because I grew out of being edge and realized life sucks so why not drink. Also, beer tastes really good

in the middle ages if you didn't you'd die of dysentery instead. Yes everyone in the middle ages was buzzed 24/7, it explains a lot.

only applies to troglodyte city dwellers

This literally never happened. Small ales were used as a dietary supplement. Easy source of calories.

>Because I grew out of being edge and realized life sucks so why not drink.

so you went from straight edge to edge lord

Nah, the booze they drank was like 1% alcohol content or something

Because an entire meme culture sprung out of no where because one fucking song from a guy who didn't like seeing his friends dying of overdoses.
Ian MacKaye thinks you're gay.

youtube.com/watch?v=0OSnAPxyMzo

>older than my friends
>girls asks if I'm the youngest one
>nope just not a degenerate drinker

Heaven is getting drunk.
youtube.com/watch?v=9rmF0RnKwHU&t

>>nope just not a degenerate drinker
>girls asks if I'm the youngest one

They ask you that because you're so short

learn to cook healthy tasty food. you'll never want to drink alcohol ever again.

6'2" try again leatherface

'2"

Yeah on the internet you are, manlet

Nothing wrong with being a manlet anymore desu. Look at all those refugees in Europe, they are shorter than the natives but European are literally obsessed with manlet brown cock. Humans are getting shorter because of all the interracial breeding. Brown manlets control the pussy.

>S-shutup guys.... I'd be popular if I lived in europe, I swear

You have to go back

that frog was unharmed though

This is a really pathetic post.

>shitposting
Noooooooo, I prefer assssposting.

I'm going to include my asssssss in my posts.

>stop drinking alcohol
>my social life literally crashes and burns

Nigga u wrong

Naa went from straight edge to realist

I'd rather hang with drunkies than straight edge faggots.

>necessary

Wait, in what way?

dirty water

I use it because it's the only way I can express emotions and if I don't I think I'll kill myself.

>it's the only way I can express emotions
Have you tried frog posting?

It's awesome that we have no gross brown people in the USA.

Kill yourself, Redditor.

T-total for 11 years now
No coffee or tea either

Now just to get rid of this sugar addiction...

But the beer they drank had less than 1% alcohol content so it doesn't really count.

-Beer tastes good
-It's been human tradition all around the world since like 6,000 bc
-Everything is awesome when you're drunk

Are 13 year olds even allowed on this board? Get drunk just one time and you'll know why dipshit

>Beer tastes good

>>>/sipfags/

because my job is to drive people around and they drug test

so i quit smoking DUDE WEED LMAO and switched to booze

Because drinking a bottle of wine and shitposting until 2am is one of life's small pleasures.

Cause it feels good

>It's been human tradition all around the world since like 6,000 bc
not an argument

Because they want to get drunk and party for some obscure reason. Never understood what was fun about that, but to each their own.

Just because I can't control how much I drink once I start doesn't mean that people who can shouldn't enjoy it. You sound like you need some humility in your life, OP. I pray for you, because your day will come.

So they can post fucking "I drink so much I shit my pants on the regular" threads on Veeky Forums of all places.

it makes me feel funny

Because I like it.

Marketing an addictive product. Same reason people still smoke cigarettes.

youtube.com/watch?v=NxNsMDfBrBM

SHUT THE FUCK UP EVIN

This is a myth.

I think sippers probably enjoy beer, energy drinks have a stupidly strong taste

There never was an argument to begin with, it was an open ended question in OP

Damn bruh you triggered the entirety of Veeky Forums with this thread.

All it took was that less than 1% of alcohol to kill off just enough bacteria to make it more worthwhile than drinking dirty water straight up. It wasn't perfect but a hell of a lot more safer.

Going back to OP's shitpost. To keep it plain and simple, there's no real reason.

We can purify water and have other sources of safe refreshment these days.

If you're drinking you're mostly upholding traditions and were born from drinking. Social drinking, as a means to cope or get through the day, and for the taste.

This is a complete myth. Medieval societies had access to clean drinking water.

I think the value of beer as a sanitized drink comes more from the boiling. The fact that yeast can grow in pretty high-alcohol conditions shows that a small amount of alcohol isn't enough to render a drink safe.

Wellll

Alcohol is a factor, as the alcohol can actually start making the drink inhospitable to the yeast itself, and by extension definitely to any other bacteria. This is important because unhappy yeast will start doing shit other than fermentation to survive which can make some nasty flavors.

However, one of the main aspects of brewing (apart from particular styles) is making sure that ONLY yeast is allowed to proliferate. By making conditions nice for your yeasty boys, they start reproducing faster. They'll wind up hogging all the resources and crowd out any dangerous bacteria. Failing to do this will make some nasty ass non-beer.

So alcohol is only technically a factor. What's more important is the comfort of your yeast. By making them the dominant microbe in your brew, you ensure a safe drink.

Oh shut the fuck up. You know damn well as I do that getting fucked up and shitfaced FEELS good to the human brain. In the moment it feels awesome to be drunk because "fuck everything that matters nigga I'm drunk" which is a nice bit of pleasurable escapism.

Things like funerals and weddings are traditions. People booze because boozing is fun.

I have a thyriod tumor and drinking alcohol calms the unending hand tremors.

Yes. Alcohol is haram.

Medieval societies had complete access to your mom. Because she's old and loose.

>Mom

Flyover detected.

>not cooking world-class food and drinking legendary wine

Fuck all of you

>realist
Escapist you mean. Drunk people are fucking retarded. Beer is good though.

Realist and escapist aren't mutually exclusive you retard. I drink by myself in my house that I live in alone. Me being drunk affects nobody but myself.

>Me being drunk affects nobody but myself.
Absolutely incorrect.

People will pull the "muh dirty water" thing but honestly it's more about the ability of beers and even hard liquors to extend the worth of grain. Bread doesn't last years, you can only make so much of it.

Way to not read what I wrote. I said I drink alone in my house. I don't have family within 1,000 miles of me and no friends. so yes, only me.

seems like he's going downhill

As if you shitposting to a Taiwanese lesbian singles board isn't some form of escapism. We all need it sometime/somehow.

I remember when I was 15 years old and considered myself to be straight-edge. I was such a fucking faggot back then. I'm 22 now and alcohol is what makes my shit life bearable. Have a drink, so you can stop being such a little faggot.

There's so much bullshit in that pic I can't even start laughing

>Absolutely correct
Ftfy

I rarely get drunk. I usually just get a decent buzz and fall asleep. I get the spins really easy

Basically a way to better use grains and material that can't be held in surplus forever, such as a meal substitute and all that, as such culture formed around the practice as well as consumption which later had small benefits when waters became not exactly the safest thing to drink for a bit.

Same here.

>implying you're not a fucking faggot still

I only drink a few when I see something new in the store.

what are you, gayes?

The poison is in the dose.

I drink a little whisky once a week and I'm probably far healthier than any kid who drinks two cans of soda everyday.

You answered your own question - memes

Drink gives me the worst diarrhea.

Yellow and smelly sometimes.
Dark and with blood other times.

Really nasty. I'm actually considering to stop drinking altogether.

>doesn't actually help your mood
>isn't good for your body
>won't taste good until your force yourself to build resistance to the bad shit in it
>all it does is fuck your liver and give you headaches

I don't get it, they said it would help with the crippling depression but it doesn't do shit

Simple, my friend.
Ever wanted to die?
Ever wanted to try BLISS?
Like, ultimate bliss? Better than orgasm?
This is what drinking is. And it lasts.
I am a medfag myself. I know what drinking does to each of your systems. I am dunk right now. I have to close one of my eyes to see straight, You want more info? Reply to me and I will tell you everything I know.

In schools, they tell you only one thing. I will tell you everything I know.

Too feel good, but rum is literally liquid candy so of course it taste good.

Sure, why not. Spill 'em.

Because I'm addicted to feeling good and weed makes me stupid and passive even if I smoke+1 bowls a day. If I drink a couple of stiff drinks after work I can get a good warm buzz and survive of of 5-6 hours of sleep. It helps me function.

Very well, then. I shall tell you everything I know.

People teach you alcohol is bad. Wrong.
A glass of wine once a day is good.
Smoking does not addict you at first cigarette.
Neither does tabacco.

A simple test for addiction. Are you able to go a week clean? A whole week being clean? If you are, you are probably fine. If you want to puke-puke. Want to drink-drink. Rinse and repeat. You probably drank too much. Puke a lot, there is no shame at it. Your liver just wasn't prepared.

You aren't drinking enough

Pedro please

What's wrong with moderate drinking again?

I like to meet with friends, listen to music and drink. Alcohol definitely makes the whole experience better.

Fuck straight edge people they are genuinely some of the worst people at gigs. One of them punched me in the back of the head once because I had a beer in my hand.

I know this is a myth.

But it also just illogical. Try drinking your normal water intake but instead drink beer daily.

You will just be hydrated as fuck. Noone could survive what you are purposing.

I still am one, just not a straight-edge faggot anymore.

Have a knuckle sandwich to go with that beer!