What's the point of "experimental" literature? Do these authors just like to be pretentious on purpose?

What's the point of "experimental" literature? Do these authors just like to be pretentious on purpose?

they weren't smart enough to into theoretical literature

They likely have no experiences or deeper questions that are worth relating to others and no respect for the established forms of literature

If you can't be good, be different

ok

Confirmed worst board on Veeky Forums. Excellent morons you have here, really top hole.

Is that image a joke?

>Did I mention how buttblasted I am?

eventually one of them will stumble upon something cool and make all the pretentiousness worthwhile

I hope so, I really hope so.

All this person is doing is describing the way they want people to understand their description, they're never actually describing a physical thing except when they use physical imagery as simile or metaphor for their method of description. Describing description (this whole thing) is pointless, ridiculous, also possibly schizophrenic.

>If you can't be good, be different
correct

the talentless have to attract attention somehow

>having respect for the established forms of literature

What is this, and why is this?

>correct
not correct! the talentless must kill themselves or at the very least be quiet

>What's the point of trying new things? Sometimes new things aren't good.

>things must be as I say they must be or they are not good

Are you implying that something can be objectively "good"?

Yes. Good is objective.

>Prove it
The proof is trivial and left to the reader as an exercise.

one day, i will

Honestly this.

It's fun

it's the only way to talk of the future through symbols of the past

I don't get it. Does the author actually think this is clever?

i do

I have no idea what the point. I guess they are being pretentious. I don't know.

Either way, I can't read the blue font. Too little contrast. Why bother using a font for something so that people can't even read it?

Experimental literature can be very fun though.

It is f a m

Literally no one thinks like that. People have real reasons for believing things, none of which include "because I said so"

I want more

who House of Leaves here?

yikes

not without a
>holy...

fpbp

get this published and I'll buy it

They are dull and empty attempts as most "intellectual discourses" in the modern realm tend to be. They are all hollow and we easily recognize it as such. There really isn't any point in even trying to suggest that somehow this is any "experiment" but rather an authors own ego in trying to fit a certain mold of becoming something beyond themselves which is entirely wasteful of insulting to anyone who's ever actually conducted a legitimate experiment.

In literature this is perverse and should be left to these egoists who achieve nothing and create very little.