I want to start experimenting with Indian food, curries...

I want to start experimenting with Indian food, curries, mostly but I'm worried that eating and cooking too much of it will make me stink permanently. Is this a legit concern or am I worrying about nothing?

I don't want to be a dick but there's a group of Indian people at work that always smell exactly like curry, even when they're not eating. Don't want to smell like that, desu.

Eating too much of any cuisine will alter your body's smell. Perspiration is directly affected by what you ingest. That's why a sober guy can smell like booze if they got trashed on their day off when they show up to work.

Try jogging with an asian guy, the BO with be really offensive because of what they ate.

its not permanent, but you will smell like that after cooking it for a while. it gets in your clothes

Some people smell like their houses, so you'll smell people who smell like their body odorous laundry piles, their smoke-in-the-house cat pee homes, greasy fishy fries, alcoholism rancid sweat odor, and yes, their diet too.

You will notice if you eat curry every day that you can smell cumin, turmeric and curry smells in your armpits, and even more so if you do not wear anti-perspirants or not shower frequently. My ex showered twice daily and pretty damn clean person, and the two days after eating Singapore noodles, the only curry they would eat, I could smell curry on him.

I thought people hated pajeets because they smell like body odor and feces. If they only smelled like curry then people would like them

I ate Indian food everyday for a couple weeks and I noticed a change in my BO. It went away when I switched to more diverse dining.
Now I just eat it 1-3 times a week.

>I thought people hated pajeets because they smell like body odor and feces. If they only smelled like curry then people would like them
the smell of cumin, fenugreek, onions, garlic is pretty close to the smell of people who don't use anti-perspirant and sweat that stuff out with their other sweat, and then add bacteria.

>I want to start experimenting with Indian food,

So do it.

>worried that eating and cooking too much of it will make me stink permanently

Nonsense. Proper ventilation while cooking, and standard hygiene practices are enough to keep you from smelling like an Indian restaurant.

Absolutely no issues with making a curry to enjoy from time to time. Mix it up between the Indian variety and the Thai variety, and I think you'll really enjoy them. I do.

Your armpits will literally start to smell like curry spices if you eat it a lot.
Best you can do is shower in the morning and shave your armpits.

>if you eat it a lot.

Define "a lot"?

Once a week? Twice?

I don't think the OP would want to eat it more than that, as it would get monotonous, and that's not enough to start smelling funky.

OP what do you look like?
because I'm a skinny white dude obsessed with indian food and I've had coworkers comment around me that they smell indian food but never pin it on me
I work at a pharm plant so theres more than a few indians around

>Is this a legit concern or am I worrying about nothing?
Really depends on the climate. If you live in a hot and humid place you're going to sweat a lot, and yeah you will have a weird smell. If I eat that stuff for just 2 or 3 days in a row I can smell it. I don't think it's so much other people will notice if you bathe daily. You will smell it on yourself though.

It isn't so much the spices as it is the onions, garlic, and ginger. But I swear I can smell the spices too. Mix in a lot of lightly spiced salads and it won't be so bad.

>Eating too much of any cuisine will alter your body's smell.
Nothing compares to the Indian regional food smell though

I meant like 4+ times a week.

They smell like that because they are cooking giant amounts of curry for their whole family every single day, so the smell of onions cooking and shit sticks to everything.

Making personal amounts you won't really smell out your entire living area, but cooking for a family of 12 which is a typical pajeet house yes you would.

Rosties out

Worked security in the evenings while going through school and would let a maintenance team in to clean the offices in the evenings after all the employees went home. They had a maintenance guy from Romania that ate so much fucking garlic that it seeped out of his pores and left a trail of stench behind that would linger in the building for 12 hours or more and was completely resistant to any deodorant spray. It was so bad that the employees complained about it when they'd show up in the mornings to work, and the guy had to be set down and told that if he didn't change his ways, he'd be fired. Smelled like a combination of nasty armpit B.O., burnt rubber, and baby shit.

Variety is the way to go.

>cook with fuckton of garlic
>smell your fingers later

>they smell indian food but never pin it on me
Keep telling yourself that.

POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

cumin, onion, garlic, fenugreek, and even turmeric can all be really pungent coming out of your pores. Asafoetida is the worst offender though.

If it's not all day, every day, you'll be just fine.