I'm nearly convinced most the food on Veeky Forums looks like shit because you guys don't cook at high enough...

I'm nearly convinced most the food on Veeky Forums looks like shit because you guys don't cook at high enough temperatures.

For both the stove, and the oven. You need screaming high temperatures if you want your food to brown correctly.

Crank it up. Don't be a puss.

This is objectively wrong.

Promptly fuck off.

I don't like burning oil though, it smells bad and the oil turns all brown. Should I just blast the heat anyway?

Example?

You're wrong. Promptly turn the heat up or continue enjoying your 'steamed' food.

Use an oil that has a higher smoke point.

yes, especially with olive oil you should always go just fully turnt up

I've used the highest smoke point I can find (avocado oil). If I put some of that in a pan and turn on the burner any higher than medium, it will get hot enough to start burning. So no matter what kind of oil I use I can't literally crank the heat as high as it will go

not op but this is the difference a 50 degree difference in the oven can make in terms of creating a better color. i had some difficulty getting my buns to turn gold until i used a higher temperature than what was recommended on the recipe i used.

theyre pork buns by the way. two different batches using the same recipe.

>all my food has to be Brown

those look good user, I haven't made baked pork buns before, only steamed. Do you use the same style dough ?

My stove is rarely used for anything but pressure cooking my whole plant foods. Oil is bad and high temperature cooking forms carcinogens.

:^)

>Put heat on high
>Once oil starts to give indication it's at smoke point (but before large clouds of smoke appear), put food in pan
>Temp of pan will immediately drop, but the burner on high will keep it from dipping too low
>Excess water will boil off much quicker, leading to a crust forming without steaming your food.

no there's many other reasons people's food looks like shit on Veeky Forums.

I'd say that's correct for normies though, most of the shit I've seen on social media is not browned properly.

sounds like you just learned how to brown some meat and want to show your epeen to everyone on an anonymous image board.

>just learned to brown meat
>show epeen to everyone
>"epeen"
>no image from OP of any browned meat

Try again redditfag. Better yet, just fuck off.

>telling everyone some fairly common knowledge to be condescending

you don't need to show some shitty food to reveal your ego moron, literally no one gives a shit about your knowledge of stove knobs

thanks bro, imma try

Keep in mind you may need to turn the heat down a bit once the food has been in for a minute. The biggest temp drop happens right when you put it in and when you flip, but while it's sitting it could get too hot if you aren't watching.

i can never fry hamburgers correctly. i'm trying again tonight

it's always either no crust on the outside, or the outside is burnt and still pink as fuck on the inside. steaks are fine medium rare and shit, but there's just something about ground beef not being completely done that is off putting

and yes i make my patties thin

Use the flip once method.

Dont go fucking around with it flipping it a dozen times. Just a few minutes on one side, flip, few minutes on the other side, then let it rest.

user, I'm with you. I've tried beef tartare, it's not something I would eat regularly. Some burger chains pride themselves on cooking the burgers however you like, even rare, good for them, but for me, I like a burger cooked all the way through, with lots of cheese and bacon and onions and sauce.

>turn heat up to max
>every surface within a 4 foot radius of the pan gets speckled with a million sparks of oil
>can't approach the pan without a welding mask and oven gloves up to my elbows to not suffer multiple pockmark burns
>tinnitus

>can't approach the pan without a welding mask and oven gloves up to my elbows to not suffer multiple pockmark burns
Or you can just stop being a bitch.