As sodas/sugary drinks become less popular/banned which ones will die out first?

as sodas/sugary drinks become less popular/banned which ones will die out first?

probably coke and pepsi last t go

Sales have only dropped ~1% per year. It will be a slow decline, but I would imagine obscure ones to disappear first, then ones that don't get commercials (sun drop).

Sadly the small Mom and Pop (no pun intended) brands will disappear first. Say goodbye to shit like RC cola, Cheerwine, and Kickapoo Joy Juice

Bitch, RC Cola is a Dr. Pepper-Snapple product, not some small batch or regional stuff, it ain't goin anywhere

better not Vernors, although, places not respecting local customs might be hurting them. long live the Michigan cure-all.

Good riddance
This diabetes fuel is the bane of our civilization

Hopefully that amerishit mountaindew sugar water.

I hope Faygo will die first

Soda will NEVER die out.

Shasta. And good riddance. Trash ass fucking soda.

Mello Yello and Tab will be the first to go. Coke, Pepsi, and Dr Pepper will be the last.

Can coke die out
Isn't it one of those too big to fail type things?

>as sodas/sugary drinks become less popular/banned which ones will die out first?

you must live in a major metro area, I worked for a coke distributor in flyover, our sales were growing every god damn year. Sure poeple don't drink as much today as in the 70s, but they drink more today than ten years ago in flyover areas, specially for higher priced drinks, I seen some mouth breathers going in a gas station and spending $28 on 20oz red bulls.

I think shit like coconut waters and vitaminwaters, "light" drinks, low sugar, half stevia shits, will dissapear, it was a misguided hail mary a la mcdonalds trying to please everyone and ending their sales in the process, take the criticism the vocal minority says and then look at your sales and let those be your guide.

What is amazing to me is the shit that sells in metro areas, I was in DC and people were buying the most generic looking and tasting beverages and paying top fucking dollar for shit like pic related, I feel like the new demographic of buyers is extremely influenced by the buzzwords of the product only and completely ignores the taste, the ingredients and the packaging. As long as the product is NEW, and has buzzwords like organic/raw/handcrafted/artisanal on the label, and has a high price point they buy it. Drinking the "normal" stuff in a metro area makes you look like a square because "only boomers do that".

So the cultural divide is there as long as an economical divide, affluent consumers have quit drinking pop, and the younger affluent consumers consider it "old fashioned". But considering the wealth inequality we have, that means sales will continue to go up around here.

It can, coke has had terrible business since for the last fifteen years at a minimum, if I had to bet I'd tell you coke will be a dying company within 30 years.

Let's start with basic shit, you have new moderately successful products that sell, like Surge and Vault, you got a costumer base for those products, they kill it and all those people start consuming mountain dew.

You have the option to buy Monster Energy Drinks 15 fucking years ago, instead, they buy Glaceau because flavorless half sugar water sells at 2.39 a bottle sells so fucking well.

Coffee drinks are shit, the Illy drinks were absolutely disgusting water with thickener and coffee flavor, then there were the Godiva drinks again, water with thickener and chocolate flavor (that will be 2.59 a bottle please) and now the coffee drinks were rebranded to Dunkin Donuts and they're still absolutely tasteless with a hefty price tag, that will leave any consumer feeling cheated they could have bought a product they already know it tastes good (starbucks) and actually costs less.

I swear if these idiots didn't have the name recognition they would have went bankrupt a long time ago. Coke was built by a room full of people, and those people have retired in the late 90s and early 2000s and now someone else is running the show and its like they got no fucking clue who their costumer base is, i didnt even get in the ridiculous amount of logistical problems, some of which very self inflicted but hey goy we're saving money on bottom line right, nevermind we are pissing the fuck off of the customers and consumers.

Pepsi and Coke own a load of other drinks besides soda, so it'd be difficult.

A can of coke cost the company about $.13
The syrup to make a big gulph size drink, about $.18....
Do the math! Coke and Pepsi will be around forever. The can always go back to the original recipe which had cocaine in it and addict their customer base all over again

>small Mom and Pop (no pun intended) brands will disappear first.
Craft soda sales are booming.

>craft soda sales
>booming

Top kek

I think im gonna graduate from /sip/ lads.

Got a cheap source for red bull at about 0,30c per can. It was a nice time tho and godspeed.

>Got a cheap source for red bull at about 0,30c per can. It was a nice time tho and godspeed.

care to share your source???

my city has a soda tax now..good thing i quit that poison years ago

When the ice caps melt and we run out of water someone will notice that a can of soda takes about 20 gallons of water to produce they will all become unviable. But by then there will be soda steams built into most refrigerators and I will finally be able to enjoy fizzy lemonade

>banned
>needing your nanny state to tell you what to do